Trump accuses Obama of Bugging Trump Tower (with zero evidence)

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
SDC

Re: Trump accuses Obama of Bugging Trump Tower (with zero evidence)

Post by SDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I think it's worth noting that Manafort was (a) wiretapped with a FISA warrant, so it was with probable cause and legal; (b)
the trump russia investigation got started on a widely discredited dossier. comey thought it was so impt that he included it in the russia report for trump before the innaugural.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/18/polit ... stigation/

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017 ... s-dossier/
was wiretapped long before he was ever involved with the Trump campaign; and (c) was apparently *not* wiretapped while he did work on the campaign. Crucially, nobody had any tap on him during the fateful meeting in Trump Tower in June 2016 with the Russian agents.

So, no.
manafort was wiretapped by the fbi before, and after the elections, while he was still communicating with trump, which means he is also likely surveilled.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/18/polit ... index.html
The government snooping continued into early this year, including a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.
so this is correct

1. "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"

2. "Is it legal for a sitting President to be 'wire tapping' a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!"

3. "I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!"

4. "How low has President Obama gone to tapp* my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"
susan rice had trump people surveilled too on non russia stuff and i remember the leaks immediately after trump's phone conversations with mexico, australian leaders.
Last edited by SDC on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Manafort Calls On DOJ To Release Intercepts, Investigate Leak...
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/19/manaf ... oreigners/

sunlight is the truest disinfectant. if they actually released all the intercepts and if it shows trump got surveilled while talking to manafort, bad!

SDC

Post by SDC »

Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Charles Grassley and the committee's ranking Democrat, Dianne Feinstein, want to interview two high-ranking FBI officials about some key aspects of the bureau's role in the Trump-Russia investigation -- the Trump dossier, the firing of James Comey, and more. But the FBI doesn't want those officials to talk -- even though the Judiciary Committee has oversight responsibility for the FBI, and even though the request is bipartisan, and even though there appears to be no conflict with the ongoing Trump-Russia investigation conducted by special prosecutor Robert Mueller.

A standoff could be developing.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron ... le/2633288

SDC

Post by SDC »

Did Obama Know about Comey’s Surveillance?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/did-obama- ... 1505852932

The media is less interested in Obama Administration wiretapping than in how Trump described it.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I think it's worth noting that Manafort was (a) wiretapped with a FISA warrant, so it was with probable cause and legal; (b) was wiretapped long before he was ever involved with the Trump campaign; and (c) was apparently *not* wiretapped while he did work on the campaign. Crucially, nobody had any tap on him during the fateful meeting in Trump Tower in June 2016 with the Russian agents.

So, no.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Manafort is probably going to jail. Trying to blame the Media, Obama, Hillary, Rice, Comey, Mueller, FBI or CIA is a nice deflection but, it doesn't make Manafort any less guilty. He was wiretapped because they had a good reason to believe he was working for the Russians against the US. He was told to expect to be indicted by the FBI.

Enjoy the conspiracy theories. They are entertaining and just as useless as Suns trade threads scenarios.

SDC

Post by SDC »

I'm struggling to see a way to interpret this other than "Obama wiretapped Trump Tower."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Nodack wrote:Manafort is probably going to jail. Trying to blame the Media, Obama, Hillary, Rice, Comey, Mueller, FBI or CIA is a nice deflection but, it doesn't make Manafort any less guilty. He was wiretapped because they had a good reason to believe he was working for the Russians against the US. He was told to expect to be indicted by the FBI.
well, if he goes to jail, it wont be because of russian collusion over the 2016 elections. some people have to go to jail whenever a special counsel investigation is initiated. scooter libby went to jail over perjury but the valerie plame leaker didnt, because the leak we later found out wasnt a crime.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Manafort spox statement: Says FISA warrant leak is felony, calls for release of all intercepted talks between Manafort and non-Americans.

the only people who are abusing their powers are the obama holdovers from the DOJ/FBI and Mueller's office.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Samantha Power, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, was 'unmasking' at such a rapid pace in the final months of the Obama administration that she averaged more than one request for every working day in 2016 – and even sought information in the days leading up to President Trump’s inauguration, multiple sources close to the matter told Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09 ... s-say.html

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Manafort was tapped because they got a warrant to do so. That is the very definition of doing things by the book. He also was wiretapped before and after he advised Trump, not during.

I don't know how you can spin this as being something evil that Obama did. Aren't you concerned that (at least) one of Trump's closest advisors and campaign managers has so much solid dirt on him that he's likely to be arrested and thrown in jail for? Does that concern you in the slightest?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Manafort was tapped because they got a warrant to do so. That is the very definition of doing things by the book. He also was wiretapped before and after he advised Trump, not during.

I don't know how you can spin this as being something evil that Obama did. Aren't you concerned that (at least) one of Trump's closest advisors and campaign managers has so much solid dirt on him that he's likely to be arrested and thrown in jail for? Does that concern you in the slightest?
He won't spend any more time in jail than Arpaio.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Manafort was tapped because they got a warrant to do so. That is the very definition of doing things by the book. He also was wiretapped before and after he advised Trump, not during.

He won't spend any more time in jail than Arpaio.
That all depends on if he violated state laws in NY as well as federal laws. Trump cannot pardon someone for state crimes, and I highly doubt Cuomo will pardon him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I actually think Manafort and others will likely end up in jail/prison. Mueller is savvy and is likely going to send them to state court, as Indy says, where the President's pardon power does not apply. I think Mueller will also raise obstruction of justice charges against Trump which will make it hard for Trump to then pardon or exonerate anybody else who is accused near him.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I actually think Manafort and others will likely end up in jail/prison. Mueller is savvy and is likely going to send them to state court, as Indy says, where the President's pardon power does not apply. I think Mueller will also raise obstruction of justice charges against Trump which will make it hard for Trump to then pardon or exonerate anybody else who is accused near him.
Trump screwed up by crafting that letter for his son. That's clearly obstruction. Problem is, what is he hiding that he felt it so necessary to do that?

Just think, in the 90s they impeached a guy for lying about a blowjob. Trump has done 10X worse already. Tonight he called players that kneel for the national anthem, particularly Kapernick, a "son-of-a-bitch." Let that sink in. He used harsher language for a philanthropic black male athlete using his 1st amendment rights and protesting peacefully than he did for the white supremacist that killed Heather Heyer.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

So Mueller met with Steele today. It's increasingly looking like the names, dates & places in the dossier are accurate and that the FBI is taking it seriously.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This investigation has a lot of smoke coming off of it. Waiting to see what will happen. My understanding is that Watergate took a long time, over a year, before anything really happened. So maybe this stuff just takes a while.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is interesting to note that the Steele memo also indicates someone on the left that was complicit with taking money/support from Russia.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:It is interesting to note that the Steele memo also indicates someone on the left that was complicit with taking money/support from Russia.
Greed knows no boundaries.
"Be Legendary."