Trump accuses Obama of Bugging Trump Tower (with zero evidence)

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
SDC

Re: Trump accuses Obama of Bugging Trump Tower (with zero evidence)

Post by SDC »

this is obama's former attorney general cutting a "Resist" video for the dems...
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/ag-lor ... h-streets/

Here's Mike on Morning Joe crying
https://news.grabien.com/story-mika-tea ... there-feel

SDC

Post by SDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I haven't looked at the mountain of sludge you have posted,
the obama admin's request for FISA surveillance is all out in the public record, like In2ition said. it's been reported by the rightwing UK newspaper The Guardian, NYtimes, OpenSecrets.org and other notable right wing outlets in the past.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Who's right? DNI's James Clapper or the NYTIMES about FISA requests to eavesdrop on trump communications? can't be both! New york times reputation in trouble!

Last edited by SDC on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

While You Weren’t Looking, the Democrat–Media Election-Hacking Narrative Just Collapsed
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... p-campaign

Here’s the most interesting part: Now that they’ve been called on it, the media and Democrats are gradually retreating from the investigation they’ve been touting for months as the glue for their conspiracy theory. It’s actually quite amusing to watch: How dare you suggest President Obama would ever order surveillance! Who said anything about FISA orders? What evidence do you lunatic conservatives have — uh, other than what we media professionals been reporting — that there was any investigation of the Trump campaign?

SDC

Post by SDC »

"Phones": How the NYT evades obama spying claims
The New York Times is referring to the story of the Obama administration conducting, then leaking, surveillance of Donald Trump’s campaign as a “conspiracy theory,” even though the story is largely based on the Times’ own recent reporting.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... stategate/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have to say one thing. OK, Maybe more than just one thing. :) This is a political thread in probably one of the most heated political times I can think of in my history of tracking politics. Some of us have been butting heads here and gettng on the verge of insulting each other. But, we haven't gone over the line too bad so far.

I have been a regular with phxsuns.net/phx-suns.net for a long time and have seen a lot of people come and go in the politics folder. It's true that this place has more left leaning people that post here. We don't see many Republicans post here. Some have come and gone for whatever reasons and some couldn't refrain from getting pissed off and going off on somebody and eventually getting booted or banned from posting here.

SDC, It took me awhile to find phx-suns.net after phxsuns.net went down and I was so excited to make my first post in the basketball section. I think you were one of the first to respond and you immediately chimed in with an insult. I was like "wtf is this guys problem?" It wasn't a major insult, it was just a snarky kind of one. The regulars I already knew chimed in and informed me that was normal for you and to just ignore you. So, right away I put you on ignore, since I have seen this movie before. Unfortunately you started posting in the politics folder and I couldn't help myself but to open your blocked posts that see what you wrote. I saw that we disagree on politics and found myself responding to you against my best judgement. We don't really interact other than posting different stuff off the internet.

I just wanted to say that even though we are in a heated pool political time and some of us seem to be butting heads with SDC, that SDC hasn't gone nuclear with anybody. He hasn't gone on any tirades. He has been pretty calm. He has been snarky and so has everybody else including me. I just wanted this give credit where credit was due. Most of us here don't 'agree with SDC's political views but, we all know people who think like him. Somebody elected Trump. We are becoming a divided nation and I think it's stupid. I like to debate because I want the truth and as many sides as possible to make my own conclusions. SDC, you have done nothing to convince me of your conclusions yet, but I appreciate you keeping it reasonably civil and I don't mind you posting from sites I don't agree with. Somewhere in there is a person.

We're all just people lucky to be alive for awhile.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Levin video convinced me that a lot of intelligence agencies were investigating Trump people with pssiboe ties to Russia. Levin's big gotcha moment was him trying to say that Obama had to know Trump was being investigated if all those different agencies were investigating proving that Obama forced them to do it and that is grasping at straws.

If all those agencies were investigating Trump team's ties to Russia them I'm more inclined to believe they were doing it for a reason.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just think this whole story is hot air. It's been confirmed that Trump tweeted about this because he was shown a printout of a Breitbart article about it. So it doesn't come from any verified trustworthy source. Obama issued a statement denying it, former intelligence directors and the current FBI director have denied it, nobody can produce any evidence of it. It's a complete fabrication and conspiracy theory as far as I can tell.

Indy

Post by Indy »

To be clear, the only part that has been denied is that Obama ordered a phone tap (or tapp...). It is very possible (and many IC folks are saying likely) that there was a FISA warrant issued.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:It is very possible (and many IC folks are saying likely) that there was a FISA warrant issued.
Which should be worrying for Trump supporters, but they're playing the victim card.

If there was a warrant issued, there was a reason for it. I'm inclined to believe it wasn't to spy on his campaign plans or whatever Trumps people are claiming.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Indy wrote:It is very possible (and many IC folks are saying likely) that there was a FISA warrant issued.
Which should be worrying for Trump supporters, but they're playing the victim card.

If there was a warrant issued, there was a reason for it. I'm inclined to believe it wasn't to spy on his campaign plans or whatever Trumps people are claiming.
From what I have read, it looks to be about that server connection between the Russian bank and Trump Tower. The connection was only used during business hours, which likely means it was for communication, not server activity. It was widely reported on last year, and it shut down the next day (only to pop up again the next day with a different IP address).

Indy

Post by Indy »

And IIRC, the FISA request was rejected twice before finally having enough evidence in October to be approved.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I heard that it was rejected once. I heard that 99% of all requests brought to the FISA court are approved. It's not the same type of court as criminal court and warrants issued or requested. It's practically a rubber stamp, so for it to be rejected it must have been way to overreaching.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

2016 presidential election controversy[edit]
In November, 2016, Louise Mensch reported on the news website, Heat Street, that, after an initial June 2016 FBI request was denied, the FISA court had granted a more narrowly-focused October request from the FBI "to examine the activities of 'U.S. persons' in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia".[71] On 12 January 2017, BBC journalist Paul Wood reported that, in response to an April 2016 tip-off to the CIA about "money from the Kremlin going into the US presidential campaign", a joint taskforce had been established including representitives of the FBI, the Department of the Treasury, the Department of Justice, the CIA, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the National Security Agency; and in June 2016 lawyers from the Department of Justice had applied to the FISA court for "permission to intercept the electronic records from two Russian banks." According to Wood, this application was rejected, as was a more narrowly focussed request in July, and the order was finally granted by a different FISA judge on 15 October, three weeks before the presidential election.[72] On January 19 the New York Times reported that one of its sources had claimed "intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House."[73]

On March 4, 2017, President Trump sent various Twitter messages claiming Barack Obama had bugged his phones during the "very sacred election process".[74] Trump charged that then-President Barack Obama was behind the 2016 FISA court order requests and likened wiretapping to 1950s McCarthyism and the 1970s Watergate scandal.[75] Obama spokesperson Kevin Lewis and various Obama surrogates including Valerie Jarrett subsequently denied that President Obama or the Obama White House initiated the FISA court order requests.[76]
Yes, it sounds like the first request was to intercept all transactions made by two Russian banks. As of right now, I don't see any evidence of what the 2nd order was narrowed too. Perhaps only those transactions between TT and the banks?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:

so why did the obama people deny it?

anyway, mark levin was on hannity last night and destroyed james clapper (the guy who perjured himself in congress)

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/20 ... ry-charges

[youtube][/youtube]

SDC

Post by SDC »

Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

From what I have read, it looks to be about that server connection between the Russian bank and Trump Tower. The connection was only used during business hours, which likely means it was for communication, not server activity. It was widely reported on last year, and it shut down the next day (only to pop up again the next day with a different IP address).
it's fakenews. the collusion angle was debunked immediately after it came out on october. but the fact that hillary (and some favored press outlets) knew about this trump server to russia stuff means she was being leaked surveillance info by the obama administration on their spying activities. the use of the eavesdropping info smells political to me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... ssia-link/
Last edited by SDC on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Indy wrote:
2016 presidential election controversy[edit]
In November, 2016, Louise Mensch reported on the news website, Heat Street, that, after an initial June 2016 FBI request was denied, the FISA court had granted a more narrowly-focused October request from the FBI "to examine the activities of 'U.S. persons' in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia".[71] On 12 January 2017, BBC journalist Paul Wood reported that, in response to an April 2016 tip-off to the CIA about "money from the Kremlin going into the US presidential campaign", a joint taskforce had been established including representitives of the FBI, the Department of the Treasury, the Department of Justice, the CIA, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the National Security Agency; and in June 2016 lawyers from the Department of Justice had applied to the FISA court for "permission to intercept the electronic records from two Russian banks." According to Wood, this application was rejected, as was a more narrowly focussed request in July, and the order was finally granted by a different FISA judge on 15 October, three weeks before the presidential election.[72] On January 19 the New York Times reported that one of its sources had claimed "intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House."[73]

On March 4, 2017, President Trump sent various Twitter messages claiming Barack Obama had bugged his phones during the "very sacred election process".[74] Trump charged that then-President Barack Obama was behind the 2016 FISA court order requests and likened wiretapping to 1950s McCarthyism and the 1970s Watergate scandal.[75] Obama spokesperson Kevin Lewis and various Obama surrogates including Valerie Jarrett subsequently denied that President Obama or the Obama White House initiated the FISA court order requests.[76]
Yes, it sounds like the first request was to intercept all transactions made by two Russian banks. As of right now, I don't see any evidence of what the 2nd order was narrowed too. Perhaps only those transactions between TT and the banks?
i wonder if the obama admin lied to the court to get that warrant? btw, we all know the obama admin got nothing out of their spying, zero, nada, zilch, butkus re russian collusion with trump.

but people will go to jail for this. either trump will go down, or obama and his minions will go down. that's why mika brzinski was crying yesterday.
Last edited by SDC on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Nodack wrote:The Levin video convinced me that a lot of intelligence agencies were investigating Trump people with pssiboe ties to Russia. Levin's big gotcha moment was him trying to say that Obama had to know Trump was being investigated if all those different agencies were investigating proving that Obama forced them to do it and that is grasping at straws.

If all those agencies were investigating Trump team's ties to Russia them I'm more inclined to believe they were doing it for a reason.
so why lie about it so blatantly? (looking at obama, clapper, comey)

SDC

Post by SDC »

:)
Nodack wrote:I have to say one thing. OK, Maybe more than just one thing. :) This is a political thread in probably one of the most heated political times I can think of in my history of tracking politics. Some of us have been butting heads here and gettng on the verge of insulting each other. But, we haven't gone over the line too bad so far.

I have been a regular with phxsuns.net/phx-suns.net for a long time and have seen a lot of people come and go in the politics folder. It's true that this place has more left leaning people that post here. We don't see many Republicans post here. Some have come and gone for whatever reasons and some couldn't refrain from getting pissed off and going off on somebody and eventually getting booted or banned from posting here.

SDC, It took me awhile to find phx-suns.net after phxsuns.net went down and I was so excited to make my first post in the basketball section. I think you were one of the first to respond and you immediately chimed in with an insult. I was like "wtf is this guys problem?" It wasn't a major insult, it was just a snarky kind of one. The regulars I already knew chimed in and informed me that was normal for you and to just ignore you. So, right away I put you on ignore, since I have seen this movie before. Unfortunately you started posting in the politics folder and I couldn't help myself but to open your blocked posts that see what you wrote. I saw that we disagree on politics and found myself responding to you against my best judgement. We don't really interact other than posting different stuff off the internet.

I just wanted to say that even though we are in a heated pool political time and some of us seem to be butting heads with SDC, that SDC hasn't gone nuclear with anybody. He hasn't gone on any tirades. He has been pretty calm. He has been snarky and so has everybody else including me. I just wanted this give credit where credit was due. Most of us here don't 'agree with SDC's political views but, we all know people who think like him. Somebody elected Trump. We are becoming a divided nation and I think it's stupid. I like to debate because I want the truth and as many sides as possible to make my own conclusions. SDC, you have done nothing to convince me of your conclusions yet, but I appreciate you keeping it reasonably civil and I don't mind you posting from sites I don't agree with. Somewhere in there is a person.

We're all just people lucky to be alive for awhile.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Boom!