Trump accuses Obama of Bugging Trump Tower (with zero evidence)

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Trump accuses Obama of Bugging Trump Tower (with zero evidence)

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:It is interesting to note that the Steele memo also indicates someone on the left that was complicit with taking money/support from Russia.
Greed knows no boundaries.
It will be very interesting when it comes out that it was Bernie.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Did you hear that or are you just speculating?

I just saw this stat on Zillow

Nationally, median rent has risen17%, yet median income has fallen 5%. And it's getting worse.

Indy

Post by Indy »

he was one of only 2 senators to vote against the russian sanctions bill

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Interesting.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I believe the reason Bernie gave for voting against the Russia sanctions bill was that it also imposed additional sanctions on Iran, which technically could be interpreted as violating the Obama-era Iran deal. We have a deal with Iran that we won't mess with them and won't sanction trade with them as long as they don't work on nuclear weapons and so on. Neither side loves this deal but it seems to be keeping their nuclear program at bay for the most part. If we pass the new sanctions on Russia and Iran, that technically violates our Obama Iran deal. If Iran viewed it this way, they would have no obligation to keep behaving themselves as they agreed to do under that deal and could use this as an excuse to start their nuke program back up.

Not saying I agree with Bernie, just that I think that was the rationale he gave.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thanks for the explanation Mori. If true than I can see his point. It seems like every Bill always gets stuff added to it as it goes along. I'm sure it's just lawmakers adding pork to bribe other lawmakers from to voting yes. Russia and Iran are two different countries. The only thing they have in common is their dislike of America.

BTW, it seems like everybody keeps calling the Iran deal the Obama deal. It was the US, China, Germany, UK, Russia and France deal. That is so annoying to me. I'm not talking about you mori. I'm mostly talking about people apposed the the deal. It was like Obama did the deal all by himself.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP was quite unhappy with Obama, and they would like to undo or erase as many of his accomplishments as they can. They really really want to do so with ACA/ObamaCare, but they also want to dismantle smaller laws like gay marriage, trans rights, various foreign policy agreements, tax laws, and so on. If he did it, they want to undo it. In most cases they fought to the death to stop it from getting done in the first place, like ACA, the Supreme Court justice appointment (they won that one dirty, grr), and so on.

To be fair, I strongly dislike almost literally every single thing Trump has done since taking office, and I want to see Dems try to undo those "accomplishments" as well. But I do see a difference; the Trump "accomplishments" are triumphs of bigotry and hatred. Muslim bans, taking away trans/gay rights, birth control and abortions for women; empowering police with automatic weapons and letting them mow down black people. Pardoning monsters like Joe Arpaio. Praising white supremacists. Insulting both our international allies and our enemies. It's all horrible. What a dark time.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The thing that bugs me the most about Trump is that he is such a horrible person.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Fascinating regarding Bernie. The Steele memo was an open secret in the policy community...I first heard about it two days after the election and I was quite peripheral. For what it is worth, some folks who would be the last word on the subject thought it was credible and indirectly directed folks to dig around for the Corn article on Mother Jones.

SDC

Post by SDC »

What a day.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The stuff you are linking to has been pretty thoroughly debunked. This is just spin from the Trump admin to try to cover for their own Russian collusion and distract from the investigation into that collusion.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They are trying to turn it into a gotcha moment. Did Hillary/DNC pay a firm to have Trump investigated? The answer looks like yes. They hired and the same people and got the same info the GOP got when they investigated Trump. Hiring a private investigator is quite legal.

Working with a hostile foriegn government to help sway an election is another thing. Trump wanted a Trump hotel in Moscow and needs Putins help. They were negotiating it even during the election. Trump now says he knows nothing about a Trump Tower in Moscow. Tillerson and EXXON wanted that trillion dollar oil deal they signed with Russia to go through and only need to lift the Russian sanctions to make that happen.

What a tangled web we weave

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Follow the money.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

When is this going to be over?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Go Mueller Go!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:When is this going to be over?
Not for awhile. Somebody from Trumps team is probably going to jail on Monday they say.

Manafort? It's too hard to guess right since so many of them we're meeting with the Russians and lied about it.
Last edited by Nodack on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Manafort's definitely going to court at some point.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Giddy with anticipation. These dudes are going down, and it starts soon.

Enjoying the absolutely ridiculous flailing the Trump admin and Fox News are currently peddling. They really want to muddy the waters and try to make it seem like Hillary is just as bad/guilty as their guy. But it is untrue and just won't stick. A lot of them are really melting down on Twitter this weekend.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The FBI doesn't care what FOX says.