Trump attacks Syria

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Trump attacks Syria

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Indy wrote:
'Dack wrote:I got about 16 mpg and that was fairly lame
I just bought a 4-door AWD truck and get between 18-20, with almost no highway driving. What was going on with the Nissans?
Nissans are more about reliable power than gas mileage. Beside that, I'm sure 'Dack's Nissan was a lot older than your Honda.
Good points

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:My Nissan was a 2001. I got my moneys worth out of it I think.
Nice. I love getting that many years out of cars.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Nodack wrote:My Nissan was a 2001. I got my moneys worth out of it I think.
Man points.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

+1 to this community for turning a sad and depressing thread about striking Syria into a cheerful discussion about cars. :-) This group is called out as being negative sometimes, but we're a cheerful enough bunch IMO!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In person I'm the nicest guy I know. For some reason politics brings out a different more serious side to me.

Btw, my Nissan truck was running great when I sold it. I hope the Chevy doesn't disappoint me. My last GM car was a total lemon in the 80s.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:In person I'm the nicest guy I know. For some reason politics brings out a different more serious side to me.

Btw, my Nissan truck was running great when I sold it. I hope the Chevy doesn't disappoint me. My last GM car was a total lemon in the 80s.
Totally agree with this!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So now we are threatening and posturing with North Korea, too. Should we make a new thread for each country our asinine President threatens to go to war with, or have just one? :-/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:In person I'm the nicest guy I know. For some reason politics brings out a different more serious side to me.

Totally agree with this!
Ahh, thanks Indy!

The intelligence community claimed Trump and members of his team were in contact with Russian agents before the election. Trump says they are wrong and were wrong about Iraq's WMD therefore cannot be trusted. Now he strikes Syria based on the intelligence community's assesment that Syria was behind the attack.

They can or cannot be trusted. Which is it?

Trump said attacking Syria would be foolish and a real bad idea. He said the President must get Congressional backing before attacking. That was when Obama was President. He sent Obama a half dozen Tweets calling him foolish and telling him not to attack Syria. Now that he is President attacking Syria is a good idea and Obama should have done it when he was President.

Trumps stance on everything varies day by day, minute by minute.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia.