covfefe

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

covfefe

Post by Mori Chu »

Do we want to talk about this here? I thought it was kind of overblown. The guy made a simple typo. I didn't like how everybody jumped all over it and started ruthlessly insulting and mocking him for it. Save the rage for something important, is my take.

Did you guys see any funny covfefe memes you want to share? Or thoughts on it overall?

Indy

Re: covfefe

Post by Indy »

I am extremely disappointed there is a thread here titled with this. The only thing I wanted to say: WTF is up with Spicer on this topic. I have no idea why he wouldn't just say "as journalists, please raise your hand if you have never made a typo" and move on. Trying to say it was intentional, even after Trump deleted it and mocked it himself, I just don't get it. Why throw away any credibility you have left?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I didn't get what Spicer was doing. Was he being serious or joking / sarcastic? Why wouldn't he just have a laugh and say what it obviously was, a typo? Is this some kind of cultish loyalty test to see if anybody will defend it?

Indy

Post by Indy »

He is trying to keep his job, and his boss just quit.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It means "I am a bad president, husband, and human being." in Russian.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I thought it was way overblown and the reaction on twitter was childish. I hate twitter with stuff like that, with so many people thinking they're clever and funny. It was all of his haters jumping on and cracking bad jokes. Even Hillary ripped off the most obvious and unfunny joke about it being Russian for something.

But yea, Spicer just made it worse but when you think about Trump, of course he won't admit he made a mistake or a type. This is a guy who argued over how many people were at his inauguration when there was clear photo evidence.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Even Hillary ripped off the most obvious and unfunny joke about it being Russian for something.
Hey now!
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone is Hillary?

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:I thought it was way overblown and the reaction on twitter was childish. I hate twitter with stuff like that, with so many people thinking they're clever and funny. It was all of his haters jumping on and cracking bad jokes. Even Hillary ripped off the most obvious and unfunny joke about it being Russian for something.

But yea, Spicer just made it worse but when you think about Trump, of course he won't admit he made a mistake or a type. This is a guy who argued over how many people were at his inauguration when there was clear photo evidence.
I think you meant "typo."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Fraudian slip.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It's obvious it was a typo. We all make typos. The thing with Trump is that he will never ever admit he made a mistake no matter how small and always covers his mistakes by lying about it and coming up with ridiculous stories after the fact.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Maybe it wasn't a typo, just alternative spelling?

carey

Re: RE: Re: covfefe

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:Maybe it wasn't a typo, just alternative spelling?
10/10
Go Suns!

Og Snus!