Arpaio headed to tent city?

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Arpaio headed to tent city?

Post by Superbone »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-rules- ... 40431.html
Judge rules ex-Arizona sheriff Arpaio guilty of criminal contempt

By David Schwartz

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Former Arizona lawman Joe Arpaio, who gained national prominence for his tough stance against illegal immigration, was found guilty on Monday of criminal contempt for violating the terms of a 2011 court order in a racial profiling case.

Arpaio, 85, who lost his bid for re-election as Maricopa County sheriff last November after 24 years in office, faces a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a fine when he is sentenced on the misdemeanor offense on Oct. 5.

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton ruled on Monday that Arpaio "willfully violated" the order.

Read more...
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Re: Arpaio headed to tent city?

Post by Mori Chu »

Don't let the door hit ya...

carey

Post by carey »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer twat.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Don't let the door hit ya...
where the good lord split ya.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I won't be losing any sleep over this.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Trump came out and said he is likely going to pardon him because he has done so much to help people...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I wouldn't doubt it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump just pardoned Joe.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump pardons Joe and now he’s running for office.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:Trump pardons Joe and now he’s running for office.
Ugh, jackass!
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/politics/ ... index.html
Controversial former Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Wednesday called former President Barack Obama's birth certificate a "phony document" in an interview on CNN.

"No doubt about it, we have the evidence, I'm not going to go into all the details, yeah, it's a phony document," Arpaio said on "Cuomo Primetime."
Arpaio announced Tuesday that he is running for the Arizona US Senate seat currently occupied by Sen. Jeff Flake, who is retiring from Congress at the end of his term.

Really? He starts off his Senate run by doubling down on Obama’s birth certificate scandal?

No words...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/politics/ ... index.html
Controversial former Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Wednesday called former President Barack Obama's birth certificate a "phony document" in an interview on CNN.

"No doubt about it, we have the evidence, I'm not going to go into all the details, yeah, it's a phony document," Arpaio said on "Cuomo Primetime."
Arpaio announced Tuesday that he is running for the Arizona US Senate seat currently occupied by Sen. Jeff Flake, who is retiring from Congress at the end of his term.

Really? He starts off his Senate run by doubling down on Obama’s birth certificate scandal?

No words...
His office did a forensic investigation using an outside firm to examine the document and they concluded that it was without a doubt faked. I don't think he said that Obama wasn't born in the US, just that the birth certificate presented was fake. I don't think anyone really cares or wants to even look at this evidence, just wants everything involved in this speculation to disappear. I don't like Arpaio and wish he would just count his blessings and go away humbly and quietly.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He wouldn’t be bothering with this whole birth certificate thing if he believed Obama was born in the US. He isn’t asking about anybody else’s birth certificate. Why are they so interested in trying to say Obama isn’t American? Did he want proof Trump was born in the US? Nope.

I have my own suspicions and they revolve around Obama being black, his father being a Muslim and certain people that have a problem with that. The Republican Governor of Hawaii said she personally inspected his original birth certificate and is convinced it is real.

Arpaio basing his Senate run around Obama’s birth certificate is laughable and sad. Trump doubling down on Hillary still when she has already been investigated nine times and doesn’t even hold an office is just Trump trying to deflect and being the spiteful ass he is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Folks who still live in AZ, help me out here: Does Joe Arpaio have any chance of winning a Senate election? Is his brand too toxic, or is AZ enough of a red state to make him electable?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Lots of older Republicans in AZ think Joe walks on water.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:He wouldn’t be bothering with this whole birth certificate thing if he believed Obama was born in the US. He isn’t asking about anybody else’s birth certificate. Why are they so interested in trying to say Obama isn’t American? Did he want proof Trump was born in the US? Nope.

I have my own suspicions and they revolve around Obama being black, his father being a Muslim and certain people that have a problem with that. The Republican Governor of Hawaii said she personally inspected his original birth certificate and is convinced it is real.

Arpaio basing his Senate run around Obama’s birth certificate is laughable and sad. Trump doubling down on Hillary still when she has already been investigated nine times and doesn’t even hold an office is just Trump trying to deflect and being the spiteful ass he is.
I curious how qualified the Governor of Hawaii is on forensic inspection. I've seen plenty of great official looking drivers license that were completely fake. A birth certificate would seem to be something easy to fake. Honestly, I could care less personally. Nothing was going to change and it's ridiculous to even keep pushing this issue. Even if everyone was convinced that it was fake, then what? Are we going to go back and time and take away his 8 years? It doesn't matter at all and it's a waste of time and energy and it does make it look as if they are racist towards Obama, which is so stupid in it's own right.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Folks who still live in AZ, help me out here: Does Joe Arpaio have any chance of winning a Senate election? Is his brand too toxic, or is AZ enough of a red state to make him electable?
I hope not, time for him to retire and fade away. He's such a arrogant caricature.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/arizon ... 3ce6c.html
The sheriff said a forensic examination of the electronic document posted last year by the White House proves that it was not simply scanned into a file but actually put together in several pieces. And Mike Zullo, head of the sheriff’s Cold Case Posse who headed the investigation, said the inconsistencies in the document cannot be explained away by claims that it was optimized or had been scanned with optical character recognition software.

His team was one of his Sheriff Posse members? Forgive me if I am not 100% sold.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/arizon ... 3ce6c.html
The sheriff said a forensic examination of the electronic document posted last year by the White House proves that it was not simply scanned into a file but actually put together in several pieces. And Mike Zullo, head of the sheriff’s Cold Case Posse who headed the investigation, said the inconsistencies in the document cannot be explained away by claims that it was optimized or had been scanned with optical character recognition software.

His team was one of his Sheriff Posse members? Forgive me if I am not 100% sold.
Yes, he headed the investigation, but they used an outside forensic document company. It's simplistic to think his posse member did the forensic investigation.
We have a CTO at our tech building with my company that can barely turn on a computer, but we don't expect him to actually do anything with the code.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/arizon ... 3ce6c.html

Yes, he headed the investigation, but they used an outside forensic document company. It's simplistic to think his posse member did the forensic investigation.
We have a CTO at our tech building with my company that can barely turn on a computer, but we don't expect him to actually do anything with the code.
If there was proof that Obama's birth certificate was a forgery back in 2012, plenty members of Congress would have blown up the white house.