Bye bye Scaramucci

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Bye bye Scaramucci

Post by Mori Chu »

10 days as WH comms director. Wow. This White House is in such turmoil. It sounds like he was essentially fired as an opening act by new WH Chief of Staff Kelly.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40782299

Superbone

Re: Bye bye Scaramucci

Post by Superbone »

What are you talking about?! Best White House ever! (Except for maybe Lincoln's WH.) No chaos.

How do I know? Trump said so.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

You just knew he wasn't going to last. It's turning into (or turned into) a reality show. Mooch wanted to be a star and acted like he was on Real Housewives of DC.

If you haven't seen it, this is a bit from The President Show on Comedy Central. The guy who plays Trump nails him and Mario Cantone is awesome in this bit. Too bad we won't see more of Cantone, he's hilarious.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, he was showing up Trump's theatrics. That's how you knew he wouldn't last. Trump wants to be the star of the show.
"Be Legendary."

jonh

Post by jonh »

I asked a trump supporter (who is also a good friend of mine) about this turnover situation yesterday. He confidently declared that this is actually how turnover happens in real businesses--this is just a sign of Trump's business acumen and outsider mentality. I was shocked.

Cap

Post by Cap »

jonh wrote:I asked a trump supporter (who is also a good friend of mine) about this turnover situation yesterday. He confidently declared that this is actually how turnover happens in real businesses--this is just a sign of Trump's business acumen and outsider mentality. I was shocked.
His campaign was the same way, and he won. So I can forgive his supporters for thinking the man knows what he's doing.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
jonh wrote:I asked a trump supporter (who is also a good friend of mine) about this turnover situation yesterday. He confidently declared that this is actually how turnover happens in real businesses--this is just a sign of Trump's business acumen and outsider mentality. I was shocked.
His campaign was the same way, and he won. So I can forgive his supporters for thinking the man knows what he's doing.
True, but you don't hear of Fortune 100 companies hiring a COO, then firing him before his start date. Their stock would take a big tumble. So I get that there will be no amount of evidence/behavior from Trump that will actually turn avid supporters to even minor objectors, but this is truly ridiculous.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I guess we just have to hope that Chief of Staff Kelly will be a stabilizing influence.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I hope so. But CoS usually has to find ways to compromise between differing factions within the White House, House, and Senate, and find a way to keep things working. Generals aren't use to people not having to listen to them. They typically say jump and people ask how high. This will be very different. I wish him the best of luck and success.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

And now Congress doesn't trust him with the keys to the car and made a Bill to block Trump from doing anything while they are on recess. That's a new one I've never seen before.