Mueller/Russia investigation

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Mueller/Russia investigation

Post by Indy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:57 pm

I am not sure when the last time our country went to war (or military action) that was warranted.

Nodack

Post by Nodack » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:48 am

Shouldn’t the video be of them placing the bomb, not removing it? Iran claims it is responsible for security of the vessels in that area and that they were the ones who rescued the crews of the damaged ships. Is it possible that they were on alert after the first attacks, saw the mine and removed it to stop another ship from being damaged? They were busted removing a mine.
Another scenario I heard Trump claim is that they were removing the mine because it failed to detonate and they those mines have Iran written all over it so the were trying to remove it to get rid of the evidence. That is a plausible scenario. We don’t know.

Marty [Mori Chu]

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:05 am

It's telling that some US allies like Japan dispute our account of events and who is responsible. It's also telling that we can no longer trust the executive branch (Bolton and Pompeo) to be honest about what has happened overseas.

Nodack

Post by Nodack » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:58 am

It’s a little scary to realize we might be the bad guys. All my life I thought we were the good guys. Growing up in school I was taught we were always the good guys. Then I grew up and started reading more and realized we have done some very unscrupulous things. Now we elect a guy that is basically a serial liar and evil to the core and the more off the rails he goes the more his base likes him.

What happened to US?

ShelC

Post by ShelC » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:25 am

It's like when Obi-Wan gives the "certain point of view" speech to Luke.