Mueller/Russia investigation

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Mueller/Russia investigation

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:35 pm
I'm sure I would, and I'm not even arguing that. I'm arguing the virtue signaling of each party. "Oh Gasp, my party is pure and virtuous and would never do that." I don't think that ever helps. It paints you in the corner and when your hypocrisy is exposed it makes your party look worse. Maybe all of you individually are all good people, I have no reason to think you aren't, but that doesn't mean everyone in your party is, no matter what party you belong to. I don't think any party has a moral high ground.
In general I agree. But that doesn't forgive the illegal and irresponsible actions by the GOP of late.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If your defense is that some other people did bad things before therefore you shouldn’t be subject to any rules or laws, you are on the losing side of the argument.

Hillary showed up when she was subpoenaed.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If that was my argument of course I would lose.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump and his people openly defy the law and block the coequal functioning of our three branches of government. But, meh, sometimes Democrats do things I don't like, so it's cool. #bothsides!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In an interview with ABC's George Stephanopolous, Trump says it was not wrong to accept help from Russia and that he might be willing to do so again in 2020. He also says that he wouldn't want to call the FBI if such a thing happened. This is deeply un-American talk. He's openly inviting foreign powers to interfere in our future elections. This is horrible.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wait, I thought he said "NO COLLUSION!".
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

he is a stupid, horrible person.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Dems like Biden, Sanders and Warren should be on the phone with Russia, China and Saudi Arabia getting info on Trump or having it leaked. At this rate, 2020 will be 2016 all over again and Dems will just wring their hands over what to do.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's pretty amazing that he gave an interview saying "Yea, I would do all that illegal stuff I was accused of and investigated for in order to win the next election" and it's hardly news. My guess is, he or others are already in contact with someone, somewhere getting dirt on the Dems. Giuliani seems to be the guy tapped for that job this time.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He really is that ignorant of the laws (not to mention common decency). He just thinks about what is best for him, and how then it must not be illegal. I swear that if Nixon were doing the same stuff today, he wouldn't be impeached. And not because what he did wasn't awful, but because the current crop of politicians put party and self over country nearly every time.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Trump is about winning and being #1. And he speaks in a way that simplifies things like "Laws? What laws? Why are these laws? Who cares who's helping me. I'm trying to win."

And people hear that and go, "maybe he's got a point."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I already posted in the other thread about this before coming here. I’ll post it again.

Federal Election Commission (FEC) Chairwoman Ellen Weintraub said Thursday it is illegal to accept foreign assistance during elections after President Trump publicly suggested he would accept foreign intelligence on opponents.

"I would not have thought that I needed to say this," Weintraub tweeted Thursday with her statement.

"Let me make something 100 percent clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election," Weintraub said.

And now today we get attacks on two tankers and the US accusing Iran complete with night video at the perfect angle.

“In order to get elected, Obama will start a war with Iran”
- DJT 11/ 29/2011

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:16 pm
I already posted in the other thread about this before coming here. I’ll post it again.

Federal Election Commission (FEC) Chairwoman Ellen Weintraub said Thursday it is illegal to accept foreign assistance during elections after President Trump publicly suggested he would accept foreign intelligence on opponents.

"I would not have thought that I needed to say this," Weintraub tweeted Thursday with her statement.

"Let me make something 100 percent clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election," Weintraub said.

And now today we get attacks on two tankers and the US accusing Iran complete with night video at the perfect angle.

“In order to get elected, Obama will start a war with Iran”
- DJT 11/ 29/2011
Not only the perfect angle, but at the right time, and in 1080P. Really?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... s-removing
The U.S. military released a video late Thursday evening that it says shows Iran's Revolutionary Guard (IRGC) removing a mine from a targeted oil tanker, hours after the Trump administration claimed that Iran was responsible for an attack on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

Shouldn’t the video be of them placing the bomb, not removing it? Iran claims it is responsible for security of the vessels in that area and that they were the ones who rescued the crews of the damaged ships. Is it possible that they were on alert after the first attacks, saw the mine and removed it to stop another ship from being damaged? They were busted removing a mine. If they wanted to damage it why would they return to the scene and remove the mine? Iran was hosting Japan and trying to win their confidence and then they blow up a Japanese tanker on the same day? Something smells fishy to me.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 am
The U.S. military released a video late Thursday evening that it says shows Iran's Revolutionary Guard (IRGC) removing a mine from a targeted oil tanker, hours after the Trump administration claimed that Iran was responsible for an attack on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

Shouldn’t the video be of them placing the bomb, not removing it? Iran claims it is responsible for security of the vessels in that area and that they were the ones who rescued the crews of the damaged ships. Is it possible that they were on alert after the first attacks, saw the mine and removed it to stop another ship from being damaged? They were busted removing a mine. If they wanted to damage it why would they return to the scene and remove the mine? Iran was hosting Japan and trying to win their confidence and then they blow up a Japanese tanker on the same day? Something smells fishy to me.
The ship's owning is saying they were not hit by mines or torpedoes and is questioning the US version of events. This is fucking nuts.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 am

The ship's owning is saying they were not hit by mines or torpedoes and is questioning the US version of events. This is f*** nuts.
It’s par for the course in this presidency.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

This goes beyond the US IMO. Israel and Saudi Arabia want a conflict with Iran and have probably been pushing the admin to do something. Trump himself seems reluctant but may be conflicted (surprise) because of his and his family's dealing with the Saudis.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why can't we all just get along?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I know we disagree about many things in this Politics area. Can we agree that it would be bad to go to another war in the Middle East? Even if there are some Bad Hombres (tm) out there? No war, please.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Going to war is bad. I can definitely agree on that.