2017 elections

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

2017 elections

Post by Mori Chu »

Huge wins Tuesday for the Democrats. Among other accomplishments: Won governorships in Virginia and New Jersey. First black female mayor of Charlotte NC. First transgender state legislator in history. Sikh man elected mayor of Hoboken NJ.

https://news.vice.com/story/9-ways-last ... ewstwitter
https://www.economist.com/blogs/democra ... bl%2Fed%2F

Nodack

Re: 2017 elections

Post by Nodack »

They have figured out that the a Emperor has no clothes.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The best thing to come of Trump's election is that it engaged a massive amount of people in the political process that simply didn't bother with it before. I've always felt that the majority of the country is left-leaning, especially on social issues.

Not many things work better than embarrassment to motivate people to do better, and right now a lot of us are embarrassed by the state of the country with this current administration.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:The best thing to come of Trump's election is that it engaged a massive amount of people in the political process that simply didn't bother with it before. I've always felt that the majority of the country is left-leaning, especially on social issues.

Not many things work better than embarrassment to motivate people to do better, and right now a lot of us are embarrassed by the state of the country with this current administration.
I think the majority of the populace is, but considering something like 73% of our senate only represents 30% of our populace, the rest get screwed.