Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore accused of sex assault w/ underage girls

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Zeratul

Re: Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore accused of sex assault w/ underage girls

Post by Zeratul »

I remember in the 90's when Clinton got in trouble because of Monicagate, I was thinking "Man, they're really trying to impeach because he screwed an intern?? In Europe he would almost look weak if he didn't have like 10 girlfriends, heck the current French president even has a secret daughter and most people think it's cool".

And nowadays we have this Moore guy who ("allegedly") sexually assaulted about 10 underage girls who's going to be elected senator for the same party who was giving Clinton shit at the time... mind boggling!

Nodack

Re: Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore accused of sex assault w/ underage girls

Post by Nodack »

Its called partisan politics. Attack the other guys no matter what and defend your guys no matter what.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

There was never a chance that a democrat was going to win the senate in Alabama. The best that could come of this is more light on how disgusting these "leaders" are and can be.

The worst of it is that Trump and his minions will declare it as some sort of victory and proof that his MAGA bullshit is strong. In reality, it's proof of their endless plunge into inhumanity.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This video is an interesting insight into the twisted logic that has Roy Moore voters still supporting him despite all that's known about him:

[youtube][/youtube]

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Some of these people presented reasonable explanations, especially relating to the context of life in Alabama 40 years ago. I can understand their perspective if that's been their environment for their entire life.

On the other hand, when it came down to their broader allegiance to the Republican party, I'm lost. Especially that one woman with the George Soros comment. What a lunatic.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

One thing I was disappointed about in that video was, the moderator didn't ask them any questions about Moore's other awful comments.

- Do you think Moore is right when he says that Muslims should not be allowed to serve in the US government?

- Do you think 9/11 was God's punishment for America's tolerance of homosexuality, like Roy Moore does?

- Do you think America was last "great" under slavery?

etc. I mean, get these people on record as supporting bigotry if that's what they really support. Show their hatred to the world.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The AL Senate election is today. It sounds like Roy Moore is more likely to win, but that a Doug Jones win is not impossible. Fingers crossed.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

C'mon. Between the status quo and not-so-transparent voting results in Alabama, Roy Moore was always going to win.

Prepare yourself for Trump's rhetoric.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's going to be a great day for sexual predators.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow! I sit corrected.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm truly surprised. I hope it stands.

carey

Re: RE: Re: Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore accused of sex assault w/ underage girls

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I'm truly surprised. I hope it stands.
Didn't he win by 21k votes? I went to bed earlyish. The last recount in AL changed the count by 4 votes.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hell froze over. 30 years since a Dem won there.

Trump picked the other Republican to endorse and then he lost to Moore humiliating Trump, who then proceeded to claim he never really liked the guy anyway (Of course). Then Trump endorsed Moore and he lost, humiliating Trump again. I sure he will distance himself from Moore now and claim a rigged system or blame the fake media that wrongly accused him and Moore of sexual misconduct even though they are both completely innocent of course.

I talk often of a pendulum in politics. It swings back and forth between Dems and Republicans. It swung heavily to Dems after Bush. Then after 8 years of Obama Trump convinced Americans that only he could fix everything and it would be so easy because he was such a genius and everybody else was a total failure. The grass is always greener on the other side. The pendulum swumg back to the Cons as Americans bought into Trump and Republicans rhetoric that they would MAGA.

Now after only a year of Trump and Republicans I think America is already sick of the other side and I forsee the pendulum swinging back to the Dems early thanks to Trump.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Nodack wrote:I talk often of a pendulum in politics. It swings back and forth between Dems and Republicans. It swung heavily to Dems after Bush. Then after 8 years of Obama Trump convinced Americans that only he could fix everything and it would be so easy because he was such a genius and everybody else was a total failure. The grass is always greener on the other side. The pendulum swumg back to the Cons as Americans bought into Trump and Republicans rhetoric that they would MAGA.

Now after only a year of Trump and Republicans I think America is already sick of the other side and I forsee the pendulum swinging back to the Dems early thanks to Trump.
I think you're mostly correct in general. Something to always remember is how the Democratic party rigged their own primary to nominate Clinton. Had they played it straight, I don't think Trump is the president today. That goes a bit against your pendulum analogy, but not with regard to wanting someone who also wants to shake things up (Bernie).

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Nodack wrote:I talk often of a pendulum in politics. It swings back and forth between Dems and Republicans. It swung heavily to Dems after Bush. Then after 8 years of Obama Trump convinced Americans that only he could fix everything and it would be so easy because he was such a genius and everybody else was a total failure. The grass is always greener on the other side. The pendulum swumg back to the Cons as Americans bought into Trump and Republicans rhetoric that they would MAGA.

I think you're mostly correct in general. Something to always remember is how the Democratic party rigged their own primary to nominate Clinton. Had they played it straight, I don't think Trump is the president today. That goes a bit against your pendulum analogy, but not with regard to wanting someone who also wants to shake things up (Bernie).
I don't think Bernie wins. He has just as many skeletons as Clinton, and despite him not being hamstrung by being a woman in this country, he specifically chose over and over again to not be part of the Democratic party (and still chooses not to be). Hard to say the team you never bothered to join is stacking the deck against you when you want their support.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Biden would've won.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:Biden would've won.
Really? "Creepy" Joe Biden who can't keep his hands off little girls in family photo ops and reportedly insists on going fully nude whenever he only has female secret service agents around?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Who do y'all think the Dems will run against Trump in 2020? Warren? Booker? Bernie Sanders? Kamala Harris? Inslee? ...