State of the Union

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

State of the Union

Post by Mori Chu »

Did you watch it? I only caught clips. People are saying Trump was Presidential. I thought he seemed bored and was clearly just reading off the prompter. Which is fine; lots of Presidents do that. I didn't like the talk about immigration. Highlighting crimes committed by immigrants seems intellectually dishonest when they commit fewer crimes than native-born Americans.

Indy

Re: State of the Union

Post by Indy »

He isn't worried about being intellectually honest. I did not watch because it is just a commercial for why the party that holds the white house is good, and why the other party is bad. Or it is used as a call to war. I am not sure the last time I saw watched one that wasn't one of those. It is just easier to read it afterwards. And then you get to skip all the damn clapping. Nothing irks me more than watching a ton of old, white, extremely privileged people clap for themselves.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I didn’t watch it. I wasn’t going to waste my time watching him talk about how great he is for an hour. I heard he read from the teleprompter a nice speech that somebody else wrote.

Today he can go back to trying to ubstruct the FBI investigation and insulting everybody on Twitter.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Notably absent was special council Robert Mueller.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:Notably absent was special council Robert Mueller.
Why would you expect him to be present?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:Notably absent was special council Robert Mueller.
Why would you expect him to be present?
He's going to have a present all right!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Drum crash!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Education Dept to relax rules restricting faith-based institutions from getting federal aid
http://thehill.com/regulation/pending-r ... stitutions

The Education Department is moving to change or remove rules that restrict religious institutions from receiving federal aid

The department has rescinded several rules, including regulations protecting student loan borrowers and guidelines on campus sexual assault.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:Education Dept to relax rules restricting faith-based institutions from getting federal aid
http://thehill.com/regulation/pending-r ... stitutions

The Education Department is moving to change or remove rules that restrict religious institutions from receiving federal aid

The department has rescinded several rules, including regulations protecting student loan borrowers and guidelines on campus sexual assault.
Thanks, Betsy DeVos! :-/