Stormy Daniels

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
ShelC

Re: Stormy Daniels

Post by ShelC »

This gossip column stuff won't help anything. It's another strike against his character that would sink anyone else, but he's immune. At most, people will just shrug this off. There's nothing criminal about it unless he's making payments illegally like he did with Daniels.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:07 am
This gossip column stuff won't help anything. It's another strike against his character that would sink anyone else, but he's immune. At most, people will just shrug this off. There's nothing criminal about it unless he's making payments illegally like he did with Daniels.
Yeah, I think the main impact of reporting this story so quickly and so eagerly is to make CNN look like tabloid journalism. I think it's worthy of reporting if it's true, but they should vet the story properly rather than rushing it out and trying to stay ahead of Twitter.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I heard about this story before. Reminds me of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What an upstanding, responsible person. We are so lucky to have him leading our country.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:58 pm
What an upstanding, responsible person. We are so lucky to have him leading our country.
To which Trump supporters say, "Yea like Bill Clinton was any better!".

Round and round we go.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Avenatti just got convicted of exorting Nike - apparently he's facing up to 20 years. Stormy Daniels has just come out and said he's an arrogant, overly-aggressive lying deceitful so and so.. I was so into Avenatti's style I thought he could be a shot for president .. how wrong I was (but hardly the only one! MSNBC here's looking at you ..)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You are the first person I have ever seen who thought he would make a good President. I was happy he was sticking it to Trump being Stomy’s lawyer but, him deciding that that made him qualified to be President didn’t impress me. Republicans used him like they do AOC and try to make them the face of the Democrat party and that irritated me.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Avenatti was an idiot. I can't believe he was floated as a Presidential candidate. Apparently the only qualification people look for these days is the abiltiy to deliver sick burns on Twitter and CNN.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

I've been guilty of being too gullible and taking people for face value - he struck me as someone with honesty and integrity, a firm believer in doing things right, and he certainly talked a good game .. only he was full of shit, like a good chunk of the population at large I've sadly come to realise.