Supreme Court

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Supreme Court

Post by Nodack »

It’s a statement. A government by the people for the people. A million people were willing to sign that petition expressing their displeasure in his actions.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:53 am
It’s a statement. A government by the people for the people. A million people were willing to sign that petition expressing their displeasure in his actions.
Did a million people really sign it? I honestly find that doubtful. A million people is quite a lot of people. I suspect somebody wrote some kind of astroturfing script that submitted lots of fake signatures or something. I'm not saying that there aren't a bunch of people who are mad at Clarence Thomas. But a million just seems farfetched.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And even if they did, it is less than one third or one percent of the population where he presides.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Then I guess people are ok with the Supreme Court decision and I can accept that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:11 pm
Then I guess people are ok with the Supreme Court decision and I can accept that.
lol not what I was saying. but internet petitions usually don't hold any weight. we would have to make sitting members of congress fear for reelection if they didn't take actions on this. And unfortunately 65% or so are nearly guaranteed to win their next election, or are far enough away from their election where it won't matter.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They never actually investigated Kavanaugh. They just gathered up some messages, forwarded them to the WH, and then were told to look no further.