Supreme Court

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Supreme Court justice

Post by Mori Chu »

Resurrecting a long-dead thread. KBJ was voted in as a Supreme Court justice today, 53-47. First black woman on the Court in its history.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So, uh, a sitting Supreme Court Justice's wife actively tried to encourage overturning our 2020 election. This seems like a big deal?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Do you think that Justice Thomas is being unduly influenced by his wife on matters? Is that the litmus test we need to ask all judges nominated? "What kind of political leanings does your spouse have? Would they influence your decision on matters brought before the court?"
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How about, if you and your wife are actively fomenting a coup, you are unfit to be on the Supreme Court?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The only coup a couple should be fomenting at their age is to figure out how that one outlier child of theirs will give them grandchildren soon.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Look at one of the emails this traitor (Ginni Thomas) sent.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not sure that falls in the realm of treasonous activity. If you truly believe that the election was wrought with fraud, you do have every right to question it and make sure that it wasn't. Just because the media said there was no fraud, or has coined it the "Big Lie" to discredit everyone that has questions about it, doesn't make it the absolute ironclad truth to paint everyone that thinks the anomalies are very disturbing as traitors. This is just getting out of control rhetoric and hysteria. Everyone needs to calm down on ratcheting up the fomenting of hate for your fellow countryman.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:57 am
How about, if you and your wife are actively fomenting a coup, you are unfit to be on the Supreme Court?
Yes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:18 am
I'm not sure that falls in the realm of treasonous activity. If you truly believe that the election was wrought with fraud, you do have every right to question it and make sure that it wasn't. Just because the media said there was no fraud, or has coined it the "Big Lie" to discredit everyone that has questions about it, doesn't make it the absolute ironclad truth to paint everyone that thinks the anomalies are very disturbing as traitors. This is just getting out of control rhetoric and hysteria. Everyone needs to calm down on ratcheting up the fomenting of hate for your fellow countryman.
For the four hundred thousandth time. Zero evidence of fraud. Anyone who had anything to do with any of the elections in any way said there was no fraud. Most of Trumps people said Trumps claims were total BS. All the courts said it was BS. William Barr said it was BS. The FBI said it was BS. The Republican Governors of the states in question said it was BS. All the recounts said it was BS.
Just because the media said there was no fraud, or has coined it the "Big Lie" to discredit everyone that has questions about it, doesn't make it the absolute ironclad truth to paint everyone that thinks the anomalies are very disturbing as traitors.
It’s all BS. The Media and everyone who isn’t a Trump supporter knows it is all BS. The four hundred conspiracy theories have been proven BS over and over and over and over and over and you guys just keep making up new ones. The hearings have proven beyond any shadow of doubt Trump is evil and and you guys are super gullible.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Fwiw I don't think In2 is posting in here lately. Dunno if we ran him off (too much lib propaganda), or he is just taking a break. Hope he's okay.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Too much coverage of Trump being proven an evil criminal tyrant.

6 in 10 Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6 riot: POLL
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/6-10-a ... 6U2N1lZeHQ

Majority of Americans say Trump should be criminally charged for role in Jan. 6 Capitol riot, new poll shows
https://africa.businessinsider.com/poli ... -6/gse5074

Majority of Americans say Trump should be criminally charged for role in Jan. 6 Capitol riot, new poll shows
https://www.businessinsider.in/politics ... 321522.cms

6 in 10 Americans say U.S. democracy is in crisis as the 'Big Lie' takes root

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SCOTUS is announcing some decisions today. They just decided that religious schools should still receive government funding. Okay, I guess we don't have the separation of church and state any more. Another victory for the GOP.

Indy

Post by Indy »

So the state has to pay churches to teach kids?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Supreme court is now a Republican weapon.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

To me this ruling looks like part of the template for overthrowing the 2024 election.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Another big case. School employees can now lead prayers in school. Bye bye separation of church and state.

Nodack

Re: Supreme Court

Post by Nodack »

I don’t care if someone wants to pray on the 50 yard line. I am a non religious person who has been around religious people all my life. I have been in many situations where everyone around me stopped to pray. I just bow my head like everyone else and go along with it. I wonder what the reaction would be to a Muslim placing a carpet on the 50 yard line and praying at a football game would be. Would the Supreme Court back him?

Indy

Re: Supreme Court

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:47 am
I don’t care if someone wants to pray on the 50 yard line. I am a non religious person who has been around religious people all my life. I have been in many situations where everyone around me stopped to pray. I just bow my head like everyone else and go along with it. I wonder what the reaction would be to a Muslim placing a carpet on the 50 yard line and praying at a football game would be. Would the Supreme Court back him?
Considering everyone that voted to allow this are devout Christians, probably not.