Iran

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Iran

Post by Mori Chu »

POTUS threatens Iran in a tweet last night in ALL CAPS. He essentially threatens war with them:
NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!
I'm terrified. He absolutely would raise tensions with an enemy country just to distract from Russia or to help boost his popularity. I don't want another Republican-president-started war in the Middle East.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/ ... ter-735617

Indy

Re: Iran

Post by Indy »

Isn't there something else going on this week that might impact the president? This is classic misdirection from him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'll wait and see on this one. He was doing the same thing with NK last year and people were preparing for war. It's just another distraction. He's been quiet on Iran for a while, now he's tweeting in caps.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Oh, the Manafort trial is supposed to start this week. That explains it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump wants us to get along with Russia real bad and has totally F’ed with Iran.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

https://nypost.com/2018/07/23/russian-h ... r-outages/

Obama's fault too I guess?

Seriously tho, when do we start F-ing with them?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I really hope that there aren't "convenient" brownouts and power outages this November 6th in any particular voting areas.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It only takes a couple in a few counties across some swing states to sway the vote.