Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Mori Chu » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:28 am

Superbone wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm
Didn’t know where to talk about this but have you seen the footage of the perp shooting two LA sheriffs in their car like sitting ducks? Nobody else is saying this but it looks to me like either a little person or a kid. They way he runs, it looks like a little person to me. Is it just me?
Very sad. I do support reform of the police, but absolutely not violence against them. I hope the perpetrator is caught and brought to justice.

Superbone

Post by Superbone » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:36 am

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:28 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm
Didn’t know where to talk about this but have you seen the footage of the perp shooting two LA sheriffs in their car like sitting ducks? Nobody else is saying this but it looks to me like either a little person or a kid. They way he runs, it looks like a little person to me. Is it just me?
Very sad. I do support reform of the police, but absolutely not violence against them. I hope the perpetrator is caught and brought to justice.
Of course. That was just a plain unprovoked execution attempt. It's a miracle that those two are going to live.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

Nodack

Post by Nodack » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:49 am

It’s going to be a miracle any of us survive what seems to be coming. I actually woke up at 4 am and started searching for the best country to move to. My right wing brother belongs to a prepper group that has meetings and the last one had 800 people at it he said. He has stocked up supplies for the election he thinks will set off a chain reaction of violence. He made it clear they aren’t looking for violence. They are just prepared to deal with things in the event they go south.

November is going to be scary.

Superbone

Post by Superbone » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 am

I'm starting to give serious thought about getting a gun license and getting gun training. Not to have a concealed weapon but just to have in my home to protect me if somebody were to break into my house. With so many yahoos running around with guns, I feel like I need to be ready to protect myself.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Nodack wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:49 am
It’s going to be a miracle any of us survive what seems to be coming. I actually woke up at 4 am and started searching for the best country to move to. My right wing brother belongs to a prepper group that has meetings and the last one had 800 people at it he said. He has stocked up supplies for the election he thinks will set off a chain reaction of violence. He made it clear they aren’t looking for violence. They are just prepared to deal with things in the event they go south.

November is going to be scary.
Be safe, this is why I am sticking around HK despite it's own problems...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 am

I think there is a high chance of nation-wide rioting and violence after the election, for one reason or another. It's frightening.

ShelC

Post by ShelC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 am

I'm expecting all of that, plus Trump declaring some kind of martial law and soldiers/National Guard in cities and declaring protesters as "violent", "terrorists" and "antifa" to justify his use of force and clear the streets. Right wing militias will back him and line up with soldiers and police forces.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:53 pm

I think our democracy can survive so long as he doesn't break the election itself. If he stations guards at polling places, gets ballots thrown out, makes electors turn faithless, etc., it could be unrecoverable. But if Biden clearly wins on Nov 3 and Trump pouts and tries not to leave office afterward, I think we can force him out and save the country.

ShelC

Post by ShelC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:36 pm

If it's a close election he'll burn everything down to stay in office. Biden has to win by a huge margin and even that may not be enough.

Indy

Post by Indy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:39 pm

agree with both of you. And it has to be something from a couple of the big swing states that allows counting of mail in ballots before election day is over.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:05 pm

In the end, I am convinced that the military will be the ultimate arbiter of succession.