Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Nodack »

I agree the Dems will do historically bad. Covid, high gas prices, supply problems, divided nation, inflation, possible recession, on the verge of WWIII with Russia. Americans aren’t happy right now. Republicans will assume their victory was because people love Republicans and their policies. When they don’t do any better Americans will vote Dems in again and we will continue this game of musical chairs. Unless of course Trump is King of America and we no longer need elections.

Bill Maher had a point. People did scam the system and steal a lot of the money. It was meant to help America through the pandemic and of course America has become the land of lying, cheating, scams and fraud. I look at it as a shame something meant to help Americans got hijacked by scammers. In2ition looks at it as proof the government is bad. I also look at it and say how are these people getting away with scamming this much? I think we both could agree that rolling out something that huge that was that easily scammed wasn’t implemented very well. The money I got did help me through the pandemic. My wife and her partner that own a gymnastics club applied for Covid funds and were turned down.

We see things differently In2ition. I see our government as flawed just like every other government on planet earth. You see it as flawed too. I also see America as one of the best countries to live in. If we lived in Russia and wrote the things we write about aimed at their government we both would have been in prison or worse a long time ago. I have no doubt there is corruption in our government by both sides. I am pretty sure anyone with money can influence our politicians policy thinking. The thing is, I want to fix it. Your side seems to want to just tear it all down.

Our sides? What is that? Dem and Cons? If we are talking about both sides being corrupt from the top down then why are there even sides? What makes the Con side that is corrupt from the top down any less corrupt than the Dem side that is corrupt from the top down? Why are we even taking sides? Oh yeah, the talking points. Abortion, health care, immigration, taxes, freedom, LGBT, race, guns, religion, regulations, war. Those are important things and we may never see eye to eye on a lot of those. Dems and Cons aren’t united in caring about all those issues. My right wing brother cares about guns, freedom and couldn’t care any less about abortion or religion.

That all is important but, what is the issue with government seeming so corrupt? Did they design the Covid relief stuff to intentionally allow fraud or was it just rolled out in a hurry because struggling families needed help fast? Did a lot of people/businesses that did not need Covid relief apply for and get Covid funds while the small people like the local business owners got nothing on purpose or were the bigger fish just a lot faster on the draw and had a team of lawyers figuring out how to exploit the situation in their favor? So there is a fund made to do X but, the funds get used for Y instead? That happens all the time. How do we fix that?

So if both sides are corruptible and beholden to the highest bidder because of lobbying and whatever compensation then how is that remedied? Term limits? Get money out of politics? When you have to raise millions to get elected that’s a problem. I heard Washington doesn’t function without lobbyists. They are the experts politicians call in on any given subject and they are more than willing to give advice. Politics is power. Money and power always go together. Neither side will probably be interested in curbing anything that gets in the way of compensation.

I wanted to fix it before it broke. Some want to break it. I am afraid they have succeeded. Now what?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:15 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:21 am
Idk what it will be. They are definitely trying to keep the pandemic going. Fauci said the pandemic was over, and the very next day he must have gotten talked to, as he changed his mind and said it was still on. Perhaps it will be a Russian attack scare, idk. But, the coordination would be at every level if something like either of those was announced to cancel them.
I don't see any evidence that anybody wants to "keep the pandemic going." In fact, COVID actively harms the political prospects of the party in power, since it leads to voter dissatisfaction. COVID basically lost Trump the 2020 election. To say nothing of the horror of watching it kill hundreds of Americans per day. Not sure why anybody why anybody would want to prolong or keep it going.
Like I said, Fauci came out one day this past week and said the pandemic was over and completely changed his tune the very next day. I have no idea why they would want to keep it going, but they are. Pfizer and Moderna just asked the FDA for emergency approval of another booster for those 5 yrs old and up. We must still be in the emergency pandemic.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why do you care do much about Fauci?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't, but he is the face of the pandemic response for the administration.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack won't like this, because he hates when I point out corruption in the US Government institutes of law and justice.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Even the Agents inside the bureau are tired of it being corrupted, politicized, and weaponized.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Biden declares WAR on parents!

I’m so upset! How dare he declare war on parents!

Indy

Post by Indy »

You can always trust tweets from Newsmax with quotes around every other word as being 100% legit.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:00 pm
You can always trust tweets from Newsmax with quotes around every other word as being 100% legit.
Or you can look at the actual documents instead of being an obtuse dick.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:45 pm
Biden declares WAR on parents!

I’m so upset! How dare he declare war on parents!
That wasn't the only thing I posted.

You aren't a parent, are you?

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:36 pm
Indy wrote:
lol. you always resort to name calling.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:27 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:36 pm
Indy wrote:
lol. you always resort to name calling.
Sometimes you need to be called out for your juvenile behavior.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ah, so it is adult behavior to call names when someone points out your repeated use of liars as sources. Got it. lol

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Biden HATES parents! He wants them all DEAD!! That's why he personally told the FBI to ... KILL them all! It's part of their master plan! SOROS! SOROS!!!

SOROS!!!!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:35 pm
Ah, so it is adult behavior to call names when someone points out your repeated use of liars as sources. Got it. lol
I didn't quote Newsmax here, so that makes who the liar?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You do repeatedly use Newsmax clips as sources, though.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:06 am
Indy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:35 pm
I didn't quote Newsmax here, so that makes who the liar?
You did. You shared a tweet from one of their "reporters" which is no different than posting some bullshit from Hannity, getting called out on it, then saying "I DiDn'T pOsT a FoX nEwS QuOtE!"

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A mass shooting took place in Buffalo today; the shooter killed 10 innocent people. The (white) killer wrote a manifesto making it clear that this was a racial hate crime. He cited theories about "replacement" that are commonly promoted on Tucker Carlson and Fox. He also live streamed his whole killing spree on the web site Twitch. Horrific.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Another GOP voice promoting these kinds of theories.