Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Nodack »

Lots of stuff happens that should never happen. My wife goes to sleep by putting on all those detective forensic files type shows and last night I went to bed and she was asleep with one of those shows on. Some 18 kid sneaks into a rural house picks up a sleeping 14 and carries him out of his house and down the street. The kid wakes up and thinks he’s with someone who must be a friend of the family or something. The guy asks him if he can run and he says yes. They go a mile down the road to a house and they go upstairs. Once up stairs the older guy grabs the kids legs and breaks both his ankles by twisting them so he can’t get away. The kid is left alone at one point and drags himself down the stairs and almost makes it out before being caught and carried back upstairs where the guy decides to break his leg this time by jumping on him repeatedly. Eventually the kid is left alone again and he drags himself down the stairs and manages to call 9/11 and is saved. While he was a captive the kid asked if he has done this before and the guy says yes and gives him a name. Turns out the name is a kid they found dead floating in a river. They found the older kids notepad where he has a hit list of people.

How anyone gets this twisted is beyond me. Not NYC but rural America. There are messed up people everywhere. Sometimes it makes the news.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:51 pm
Lots of stuff happens that should never happen. My wife goes to sleep by putting on all those detective forensic files type shows and last night I went to bed and she was asleep with one of those shows on. Some 18 kid sneaks into a rural house picks up a sleeping 14 and carries him out of his house and down the street. The kid wakes up and thinks he’s with someone who must be a friend of the family or something. The guy asks him if he can run and he says yes. They go a mile down the road to a house and they go upstairs. Once up stairs the older guy grabs the kids legs and breaks both his ankles by twisting them so he can’t get away. The kid is left alone at one point and drags himself down the stairs and almost makes it out before being caught and carried back upstairs where the guy decides to break his leg this time by jumping on him repeatedly. Eventually the kid is left alone again and he drags himself down the stairs and manages to call 9/11 and is saved. While he was a captive the kid asked if he has done this before and the guy says yes and gives him a name. Turns out the name is a kid they found dead floating in a river. They found the older kids notepad where he has a hit list of people.

How anyone gets this twisted is beyond me. Not NYC but rural America. There are messed up people everywhere. Sometimes it makes the news.
Sweet dreams! Man, how do these shows help your wife sleep?! Sounds nightmare inducing.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:51 pm

Wow, I have no idea how your wife can sleep soundly after those type of shows.

Yes, bad things can happen anywhere. No one is arguing that they can't or don't.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They are all murder investigator shows. Maybe she is plotting to take me out and is doing her homework.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

:lol: Stay safe. Stay frosty, and keep you head on a swivel.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:13 pm
They are all murder investigator shows. Maybe she is plotting to take me out and is doing her homework.
Did you hear about the author of How To Murder Your Husband Without Being Caught? She killed her husband and was caught. I’m not making this up.

ETA: https://www.npr.org/2022/05/26/11014334 ... ist-brophy
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My wife loves these "true crime" shows. Two of her favorites are called "Deadly Women" and "Wives with Knives." How concerned should I be?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I also love true crime…and fake crime I guess…me and my wife have been watching Criminal Minds lately

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I fear for 'Dack's and Marty's lives.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

lol. I am not scared. When she watches tv to watch she watches the Hallmark Channel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This knife attack at a mall in Australia was a scary one. 6 dead, 8 or more injured, mostly women and children, including a 9 month old child. Attacker shot dead by a female police officer.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-13/ ... /103705200

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Saw that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This seems like a big potential problem, where FBI agents could be more prone to bribes if they can't afford to live.
Many FBI agents are struggling to make ends meet. Housing costs are to blame
APRIL 11, 2024 12:31 PM ET
Carrie Johnson
https://www.npr.org/2024/04/11/12439822 ... sing-costs

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Isn't it true that congressional Republicans have blocked pay raises for federal employees?

https://www-pbs-org.cdn.ampproject.org/ ... ral-issues

TOO

Post by TOO »

Republicans don't like when other people make money.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Especially anyone who works for a US institution of any kind.