Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Cap

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:01 pm
They didn’t mess with out water supply. They tried to mess with our water supply. I know it happens all the time from various entities across the globe. Some are lone wolf attacks by citizens and some are sanctioned by governments. We have our own hackers too. I was merely pointing out the latest from Iran.
We don’t know for a fact that they tried to do any more than they actually did.

And this was “from Iran” only in a geographical sense. Cyber Av3ngers is a hacktivist collective, not a state agency.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What could possibly go wrong?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's a different culture there, but does this pertain to hunting?

I grew up on a farm in ND. I had a 22, a 410 and a 12 guage shotgun, all before I was 11 yrs old. I carried them around and hunted by myself on the farm all the time. As did my friends. Funny though, we rarely had any type of crime that happened, and people would leave their cars unlocked on main street with the keys in the ignition, along with keeping their doors unlocked to their homes, even when they left on trips. It was a different time and place.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I started listening to Rachael Maddows podcasts yesterday on my way to work. I started with Deja News. It’s stories about events that have happened in the past that are similar to events happening today. It was fascinating.

In 1939 there was an attempt to overthrow the government. In 1939 there was no TV happening. Everyone listened to the radio and in 1939 by far the most popular show was a Father Flannery or something like that. Long story short, he was a fan of Hitler and Mussolini and hated Jews and talked his followers into taking over the country and switching to an authoritarian government they would run and rid the country of all the undesirables. They stole weapons and ammunition, built bombs and did military training in preparation. The FBI was was watching and right before they were about to start the attack the FBI moved in and made arrests. It was front page news. They went to trial and were all acquitted. The Father leader guy said he had no idea who these people were and denied everything. There were mobs cheering on the defendants at the court house. The jury Forman was related to someone high up in the organization. The prosecution had tons of evidence and it mattered none. The only good thing that came out of it was that the FBI stopped the attack and the coup was foiled. Sound familiar?

In another episode she talks about how during the 60’s civil right movement Republicans hatched a plan to own the Libs by bussing Blacks to the north and dropping them off. They told them they would be meeting JFK and would be given jobs and housing. Turns out it was all a scam. Sound familiar?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

History is doomed to repeat itself.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Didn't know where to put this. Check out this crazy video. A guy gets his parole denied, so he jumps the bench and attacks the judge. Scary!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

To him, he was taking justice into his own hands, lol.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:37 pm
To him, he was taking justice into his own hands, lol.
Lol, quite literally.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I wonder how many years attacking a female judge adds to your sentence. Kind of the opposite of probation.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bye bye.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Does he keep the house they bought him?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:46 pm
Didn't know where to put this. Check out this crazy video. A guy gets his parole denied, so he jumps the bench and attacks the judge. Scary!

Here he is now, looks like back in court, and they learned their lesson it seems.
Last edited by In2ition on Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ian Miles Cheong? Fuck that guy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

There, I deleted the Twitter post from the person that ******** you.
Last edited by In2ition on Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Honestly, just don't with that "triggered" stuff. Taunting somebody by saying you "triggered" them is beneath you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wasn't trying to taunt you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Roger Stone seems like a dude who may have done some illegal things in his life.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

White House is SWATTED: Prank caller calls 911 to say residence was on fire and someone was trapped inside
  • Call was made around 7 am on Monday
  • Led to fire trucks and ambulances swarming White House
  • Call is suspected to be a hoax

By EMILY GOODIN, SENIOR U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 10:49 EST, 15 January 2024 | UPDATED: 11:52 EST, 15 January 2024
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -fire.html

White House staff are relocated as pro-Palestine protesters threaten to breach security fence while hurling bloodied dolls symbolizing Gaza's dead children over perimeter
  • Thousands of Pro Palestine demonstrators marched on the White House on Saturday to mark 100 days since the Hamas attack of October 7
  • They demanded a ceasefire in Gaza where more than 23,000 have been killed in retaliatory strikes by Israel
  • Secret service agents were forced to take cover as activists launched bloodied dolls and projectiles during the protest

By BETHAN SEXTON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 20:17 EST, 13 January 2024 | UPDATED: 03:40 EST, 14 January 2024
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ngton.html

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The report coming out of Uvalde is pretty bad. The cops really blew this one, even worse than was originally known. And it's an even deeper indictment against the idea of easy access to automatic weapons.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »