Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm
Didn’t know where to talk about this but have you seen the footage of the perp shooting two LA sheriffs in their car like sitting ducks? Nobody else is saying this but it looks to me like either a little person or a kid. They way he runs, it looks like a little person to me. Is it just me?
Very sad. I do support reform of the police, but absolutely not violence against them. I hope the perpetrator is caught and brought to justice.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:28 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm
Didn’t know where to talk about this but have you seen the footage of the perp shooting two LA sheriffs in their car like sitting ducks? Nobody else is saying this but it looks to me like either a little person or a kid. They way he runs, it looks like a little person to me. Is it just me?
Very sad. I do support reform of the police, but absolutely not violence against them. I hope the perpetrator is caught and brought to justice.
Of course. That was just a plain unprovoked execution attempt. It's a miracle that those two are going to live.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s going to be a miracle any of us survive what seems to be coming. I actually woke up at 4 am and started searching for the best country to move to. My right wing brother belongs to a prepper group that has meetings and the last one had 800 people at it he said. He has stocked up supplies for the election he thinks will set off a chain reaction of violence. He made it clear they aren’t looking for violence. They are just prepared to deal with things in the event they go south.

November is going to be scary.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm starting to give serious thought about getting a gun license and getting gun training. Not to have a concealed weapon but just to have in my home to protect me if somebody were to break into my house. With so many yahoos running around with guns, I feel like I need to be ready to protect myself.
"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:49 am
It’s going to be a miracle any of us survive what seems to be coming. I actually woke up at 4 am and started searching for the best country to move to. My right wing brother belongs to a prepper group that has meetings and the last one had 800 people at it he said. He has stocked up supplies for the election he thinks will set off a chain reaction of violence. He made it clear they aren’t looking for violence. They are just prepared to deal with things in the event they go south.

November is going to be scary.
Be safe, this is why I am sticking around HK despite it's own problems...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think there is a high chance of nation-wide rioting and violence after the election, for one reason or another. It's frightening.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm expecting all of that, plus Trump declaring some kind of martial law and soldiers/National Guard in cities and declaring protesters as "violent", "terrorists" and "antifa" to justify his use of force and clear the streets. Right wing militias will back him and line up with soldiers and police forces.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think our democracy can survive so long as he doesn't break the election itself. If he stations guards at polling places, gets ballots thrown out, makes electors turn faithless, etc., it could be unrecoverable. But if Biden clearly wins on Nov 3 and Trump pouts and tries not to leave office afterward, I think we can force him out and save the country.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If it's a close election he'll burn everything down to stay in office. Biden has to win by a huge margin and even that may not be enough.

Indy

Post by Indy »

agree with both of you. And it has to be something from a couple of the big swing states that allows counting of mail in ballots before election day is over.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

13 charged in plots against Michigan government
https://apnews.com/article/michigan-che ... d3593425ff
DETROIT (AP) — Michigan’s attorney general has charged seven people with plotting to target law enforcement and attack the state Capitol building.

The announcement comes after six others were charged with plotting to kidnap Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer at her vacation home in reaction to what they viewed as her “uncontrolled power,” according to a criminal complaint unsealed Thursday in federal court.

The state attorney general announced additional charges under Michigan’s anti-terrorism law. Seven men, all in custody, are linked to the militia group Wolverine Watchmen.

They are suspected of attempting to identify the homes of law enforcement officers to “target them, made threats of violence intended to instigate a civil war.” They also planned and trained for an operation to attack the Michigan Capitol building and to kidnap government officials, including the governor, Dana Nessel said.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LIBERATE MICHIGAN!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

A Pro-Trump Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ar/616473/

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

November 4th is gonna be a doozy.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:36 pm
If it's a close election he'll burn everything down to stay in office. Biden has to win by a huge margin and even that may not be enough.
Starting to look this way...fingers crossed.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I haven't allowed myself to get too hopeful for this entire election cycle. It's looked so bleak, like even if Biden won, Trump would go full dictator and overturn the election results or something of that nature. But it's starting to look like Biden is so far ahead that Trump won't even be able to stop him from winning. Here's hoping. Our democracy hangs in the balance.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If Biden wins by a small margin, Trump will contest. If Biden wins by too much, then obviously it was rigged with voter fraud and voter suppression.

And Trump's also stated he would only accept a decision on the election from the Supreme Court.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump is currently calling upon his "Army" to sign up to be "poll watchers." Is it really legal to stand around poll sites, very likely heavily armed with big guns, and intimidate people trying to vote? This is going to be a scary election day.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:08 am
Trump is currently calling upon his "Army" to sign up to be "poll watchers." Is it really legal to stand around poll sites, very likely heavily armed with big guns, and intimidate people trying to vote? This is going to be a scary election day.
Most places it's not legal. Apparently, it is in Michigan.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:10 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:08 am
Most places it's not legal. Apparently, it is in Michigan.
There are federal laws preventing voter intimidation. But you need someone to say that the armed domestic terrorists at the polls are intimidating them, and get a law enforcement official to agree enough to arrest them, then a DA to prosecute, etc. Rural counties across the country will probably allow it.