Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Mori Chu »

Well, they did manage to pass bipartisan gun legislation. It isn't perfect and doesn't solve everything, but it is a good start.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The heroic woman in Uvalde who ran into the active shooter scene and saved her 2 kids has said that since then she's been harassed and bothered by the cops over and over. What pieces of shit the Uvalde police have turned out to be. Cowards and bullies.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Uvalde chief of police has resigned. He can gtfo.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A sniper opened fire on a 4th of July parade. :-(

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

At least 6 dead and two dozen rushed to the emergency room.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The one video I saw you could hear roughly 60 shots in about 20 seconds and that was using ~5 seconds to reload. fucking crazy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Another mass shooting just happened. ANOTHER one. On 4th of July. This time in Philly. Look at the people running in terror. This is the face of a broken nation.

Indy

Post by Indy »

This looks terrifying. Imagine being here with your family and having to run through a crowd of thousands with your kids for fear of being shot, only for one of your kids to be trampled.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I fear it’s only the beginning. I can’t decide which event will happen first. Civil war or WWIII with Russia/China. One or both seem to be coming. Nothing unites a country like a WW. A civil war first would open up the door for Russia and China to dominate the globe while we kill ourselves. A WW would unite us as the nukes start falling around us and the rest of the world.

I was trying to think of what sort of precautions I should be taking and the only one I can think of is an underground bunker in some remote area of the country. I can’t see that idea working out very well in the long run. I think the best scenario is living in a large city and just wait for the bomb to hit to get it over with. I live in the fifth largest city so I have that covered.

The last civil war pitted the North against the South. Battle lines where pretty much drawn from the start. A civil war now where Dems and Cons are all mixed together around the country? That sounds real messy and brutal and real sad. As bad as it seems now, I fear these are the best of times for the next foreseeable future.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hope he is charged, too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

These photos break my heart. My son is 2 and I can't unsee him in place of this poor little boy. No family should have to go through this.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

An interesting thread I came across.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I saw a poll showing faith in America’s institutions continues to fall to all time lows across the board. Nobody trusts anyone or anything right now. I am bombarded by scam emails, scam phone calls, scam text messages from people trying to steal my money. I switched banks to a credit union a long time ago because the big banks were scamming people into opening credit cards they didn’t want. I have to get a new debit or credit card at least every year because someone used it to buy a bunch of stuff online or at a gas station in some other state posing as me. They helped Americans get through the Pandemic by giving them money. Turns out a big chunk of that money was stolen through fraud. Like many others, my trust in our leadership is at an all time low. Our Supreme Court was the place for America’s most honorable and just Americans to preside. The one non partisan place to decide big issues. Now it’s 100% partisan and dominated by one side. One of them has a wife connected with Jan 6th BS and is openly radical right.

There have been over 300 mass shootings just this year alone. There is a reason violence is growing in America. Assault weapons have been used as a tool to express hate. They aren’t the cause of the hate.

Not many Americans are happy right now with the way things are going and for good reason. The pandemic did a number on the whole planet. Now the Russian/Ukraine war? Covid, Russian war, gas prices, inflation, political anarchy in America, racial tensions, zero trust in anything or anyone. White males between 18-24 have an overload of testosterone going. All they can think about is sex, violence and aggression. Who are the best soldiers? 18-24 year olds. Who are the best candidates for mass shootings? 18-24 year olds. They are young and impressionable. They are the easiest to radicalize. Some are weaker and got bullied in school. Their dads beat them. They watch the news and picked a side. They got fired from their job. For whatever reasons they decided to get a gun and kill as many of the people as possible because somehow that was supposed to make them feel better.

For the most part I blame the media and politicians. Instead of uniting, they have divided. For Democracy to survive you have to have Americans dedicated to making it work. If America thinks our leaders and all our institutions are corrupt and no longer represent their best interests, they are going to lose faith in America. These shooters lost faith in America and their fellow human beings. They were angry and the testosterone was flowing.

Until we turn down the hate and find some moral leadership, this will only get worse.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Officials in Las Vegas are mulling a curfew for those under the age of 21 following recent shootings and gun violence in the downtown area.
https://news.yahoo.com/las-vegas-consid ... 00851.html

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There are people who look up to this guy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Scary stuff. A Republican candidate for NY governor was attacked by a guy with a knife during a speech the other day. Managed to hold the attacker off by himself before others intervened. Glad he is okay.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/21/11128660 ... -candidate

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:10 am
Scary stuff. A Republican candidate for NY governor was attacked by a guy with a knife during a speech the other day. Managed to hold the attacker off by himself before others intervened. Glad he is okay.

The Democrats just can't compete. He brought a knife?! A Republican would have shot him if the roles were reversed.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:08 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

The Democrats just can't compete. He brought a knife?! A Republican would have shot him if the roles were reversed.
Do we know anything about the attacker?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:14 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:08 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

Do we know anything about the attacker?
We do now. He was drunk, had no idea whom he was attacking, and was armed only with a keychain.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politic ... s/3791916/