Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
ShelC

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by ShelC »

Seems like they're just asking for info about him. Trying to build a profile, see if he had any other plans for another attack, or associated with others who may be plotting something similar. Does that seem abnormal or are some people (or bots?) trying to twist things around to create doubt about what really happened...you know, misinformation?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Especially today with another bomb threat...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:53 am
Seems like they're just asking for info about him. Trying to build a profile, see if he had any other plans for another attack, or associated with others who may be plotting something similar. Does that seem abnormal or are some people (or bots?) trying to twist things around to create doubt about what really happened...you know, misinformation?
It's possible that there is disinformation. I did see this.
Nashville bomber's girlfriend warned police last year he was making explosives, reports show
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... was-making

Perhaps Indy is right. They are just collecting more data to make sure that he was the guy, and he always had bad character.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

She warned the police. They went to his house. He refused to open the door. They had no evidence or a search warrant, so they left. They asked the FBI about him and he wasn’t on anyone’s radar. That was the end of that. They found his body and matched it to dna from gloves and something else.

I will mark this down in my mind as another guy who bought into conspiracy theories.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Maybe he's right, 5G is going to F us all. I seriously doubt that 5G is harmful to us, but even if he did, this particular action that was taken makes no sense how it would make any difference other than make him infamous. It sounded like he thought he was going to be a hero and had visions of grandeur, but no one is going to think of him that way.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:37 pm
Maybe he's right, 5G is going to F us all. I seriously doubt that 5G is harmful to us, but even if he did, this particular action that was taken makes no sense how it would make any difference other than make him infamous. It sounded like he thought he was going to be a hero and had visions of grandeur, but no one is going to think of him that way.
isn't that how most of these turn out? Without looking it up, I can really only name Timothy McVeigh (sp?) as a guy that did this and actually got famous. I can't name the guy that shot lennon. Or the guy that shot reagan. Or the unibomber (I know it was Ted something...). Or the idiots that were going to take over Michigan. Or even the names of any of the 9-11 hijackers. You don't become famous or even infamous by doing this, but all of them thought they would.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have a feeling these people are just lost, sad, lonely and vulnerable to conspiracy theories. If it wasn’t 5G it would have been some other injustice.

Indy

Post by Indy »

agreed. like a pizza basement.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:56 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:37 pm
isn't that how most of these turn out? Without looking it up, I can really only name Timothy McVeigh (sp?) as a guy that did this and actually got famous. I can't name the guy that shot lennon. Or the guy that shot reagan. Or the unibomber (I know it was Ted something...). Or the idiots that were going to take over Michigan. Or even the names of any of the 9-11 hijackers. You don't become famous or even infamous by doing this, but all of them thought they would.
Wasn't it John Hinkley Jr or something like that? And didn't he want to impress Jodie Foster? And Ted Kaczynski was the unibomber?
Now, wasn't the reason that the 9-11 hijackers were doing it wasn't for fame, but eternal life with 77 virgins?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not domestic terrorism but terrorism. Iran threatening a suicide plane into the Capital?

Chilling threat sent to air traffic controllers vowing revenge for killing of Iranian general is under investigation
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/threat-air ... i-revenge/
Multiple air traffic controllers in New York heard a chilling threat Monday in audio obtained exclusively by CBS News: "We are flying a plane into the Capitol on Wednesday. Soleimani will be avenged."

The threat refers to Qassem Soleimani, the Iranian general killed last year in a U.S. drone strike ordered by President Trump. It was made on the one-year anniversary of Soleimani's death, for which Iranian officials have long vowed revenge.

It's unclear who sent the threat. While the government does not believe the warning of an attack is credible, it is being investigated as a breach of aviation frequencies, CBS News has learned.

This makes no sense to me. Can you imagine if the 9/11 terrorists announced the day before 9/11 their intentions to fly planes into the WTC on 9/11? That would be stupid. So why would Iran announce this?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:25 am
Not domestic terrorism but terrorism. Iran threatening a suicide plane into the Capital?

Chilling threat sent to air traffic controllers vowing revenge for killing of Iranian general is under investigation
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/threat-air ... i-revenge/
Multiple air traffic controllers in New York heard a chilling threat Monday in audio obtained exclusively by CBS News: "We are flying a plane into the Capitol on Wednesday. Soleimani will be avenged."

The threat refers to Qassem Soleimani, the Iranian general killed last year in a U.S. drone strike ordered by President Trump. It was made on the one-year anniversary of Soleimani's death, for which Iranian officials have long vowed revenge.

It's unclear who sent the threat. While the government does not believe the warning of an attack is credible, it is being investigated as a breach of aviation frequencies, CBS News has learned.

This makes no sense to me. Can you imagine if the 9/11 terrorists announced the day before 9/11 their intentions to fly planes into the WTC on 9/11? That would be stupid. So why would Iran announce this?
They wouldn’t. They’re not behind this.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I agree. Someone is.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

NRA files for bankruptcy, says it will reincorporate in Texas
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/nra-fil ... texas.html
Gun safety organizations characterized the NRA’s decision to file bankruptcy as a “desperate maneuver.”

The NRA, which said it was not financially broke, filed for protection under Chapter 11 in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Dallas.

In its filing, the group said it has assets of between $100 million and $500 million, and liabilities in the same dollar range.

The NRA’s largest unsecured creditor was its former ad agency Ackerman McQueen, which is owed $1.27 million, according to the filing. The gun group and the ad company have filed contentious lawsuits against one another.

“Let’s be clear about what’s happening here: The NRA — which is losing power and hemorrhaging money — is now filing for bankruptcy in an attempt to escape legal culpability for years of financial mismanagement and illegal self-dealing,” John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, wrote in a statement Friday.

“This desperate maneuver is a de facto admission of guilt,” he added.

Indy

Post by Indy »

They will get out of paying much of anything in NY, then start again in TX and likely never lose a case there.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Moving to friendlier territory

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

It's almost certainly beyond reasonable doubt that a deep and broad psyop campaign has been waged on the American public, with Inception (the movie) style tactics, amongst others, convincing even smart people that up is down and right is left.

That America got through the Trump era is a testament to it.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Lol, let me just be clear here and say that many people will have voted Trump for their own, non-psyop influenced reasons .. not good ones mind you but I may be biased :)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Russians were behind QAnon.
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:26 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Russians were behind QAnon.
For me that's overstating the Russian involvement - I'm more inclined to believe they've been expert consultants for the Trump campaign in general, and have been working on / with him for a long time.

Americans are prone to conspiracy theories and that's QAnon.