Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Nodack »

Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:48 pm
Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.
Does creating a Ministry of Truth to squash opposition voices sound like something that the Nazis or the Soviet Union would do? Are they all considered far-right now?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Ministry Of Truth is the name you right wingers gave it to make it sound more like Nazi’s. Even you won’t deny there is a lot of fake news out there disguising itself as the truth. Trump was banned from ALL social media for his constant lying. FOX News hosts tried to get Trump to call off his mob on Jan 6 and when they went on air they immediately claimed it was Intifada and BLM knowing full well they were lying their asses off but couldn’t bring themselves to report the truth.

I just expect FOX News to lie about everything and make everything an anti Dem ad. I just expect Trump to lie 99.9999% of the time. The mainstream news called it correctly. The right wing news made up a bunch of BS.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I can’t even keep up with the posts today and I have been stuck in a Cardiologist waiting room for almost three hours with nothing to do.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:12 pm
The Ministry Of Truth is the name you right wingers gave it to make it sound more like Nazi’s. Even you won’t deny there is a lot of fake news out there disguising itself as the truth. Trump was banned from ALL social media for his constant lying. FOX News hosts tried to get Trump to call off his mob on Jan 6 and when they went on air they immediately claimed it was Intifada and BLM knowing full well they were lying their asses off but couldn’t bring themselves to report the truth.

I just expect FOX News to lie about everything and make everything an anti Dem ad. I just expect Trump to lie 99.9999% of the time. The mainstream news called it correctly. The right wing news made up a bunch of BS.
If Trump's Department of Homeland Security created a Disinformation Board within it, and the Secretary of the DHS refused to give the details and scope of the board's reach, the left would absolutely call it "The Ministry of Truth". You know that true, and if you claim otherwise, you deceiving yourself.

You may be surprised, as I have been, but more truth is coming out of CNN lately than out of Fox. They seem to have turned from a strictly partisan organization to actually holding the elected parties feet to the fire. I'm still haven't seen that out of Stelter though, who tried to defend the creation of the ridiculous board.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:13 pm
I can’t even keep up with the posts today and I have been stuck in a Cardiologist waiting room for almost three hours with nothing to do.
Good luck at the Cardiologist. Never the best Dr appointment locations, but I hope you have great news and update.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The killer was a radical right white nationalist. You can say he isn't on your team, but, show me any Democrats embracing any of the crazy views he loudly proclaimed. I am happy to show you many Republicans and conservative commentators who share his views, most notably his "replacement theory," as advocated by Tucker Carlson, Elise Stefanik, and others. He's one of you; sorry, Charlie.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:29 am
He rebuked conservativism and Christianity at least five times in his lengthy statement of personal beliefs.

On page 7, the shooter expressly stated he is not Christian.
  • “Are you a Christian? No,” Gendron wrote. “I do not ask God for salvation by faith, nor do I confess my sins to Him. I personally believe there is no afterlife. I do however believe in and practice many Christian values.”
  • Elsewhere on page 7, he wrote: “Are you a facsist? Yes, fascism is one of the only political ideologies that will unite Whites against the replacers. Since that is what I seek, calling me a facsist would be accurate.”
  • On page 8, he slammed conservatism: “Are you a conservative? No, conservatism is corporatism in disguise, I want no part of it.”
  • On page 9, Gendron explained how his affinity for communism influenced his ideology: “When I was 12, I was deep into communist ideology, talk to anyone from my old highschool and ask about me and you will hear that.
  • “From age 15 to 18 however, I consistently moved farther to the right. On the political compass I fall in the mild-moderate authoritarian left category, and I would prefer to be called a populist.”
  • On page 158, Gendron declared in capital letters: “CONSERVATISM IS DEAD, THANK GOD.” Weird how he thanks God, but doesn't believe in God.
Do you know what fascism is?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:16 pm
The killer was a radical right white nationalist. You can say he isn't on your team, but, show me any Democrats embracing any of the crazy views he loudly proclaimed. I am happy to show you many Republicans and conservative commentators who share his views, most notably his "replacement theory," as advocated by Tucker Carlson, Elise Stefanik, and others. He's one of you; sorry, Charlie.
Is this now the Democrat talking point?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:41 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:29 am
He rebuked conservativism and Christianity at least five times in his lengthy statement of personal beliefs.

On page 7, the shooter expressly stated he is not Christian.
  • “Are you a Christian? No,” Gendron wrote. “I do not ask God for salvation by faith, nor do I confess my sins to Him. I personally believe there is no afterlife. I do however believe in and practice many Christian values.”
  • Elsewhere on page 7, he wrote: “Are you a facsist? Yes, fascism is one of the only political ideologies that will unite Whites against the replacers. Since that is what I seek, calling me a facsist would be accurate.”
  • On page 8, he slammed conservatism: “Are you a conservative? No, conservatism is corporatism in disguise, I want no part of it.”
  • On page 9, Gendron explained how his affinity for communism influenced his ideology: “When I was 12, I was deep into communist ideology, talk to anyone from my old highschool and ask about me and you will hear that.
  • “From age 15 to 18 however, I consistently moved farther to the right. On the political compass I fall in the mild-moderate authoritarian left category, and I would prefer to be called a populist.”
  • On page 158, Gendron declared in capital letters: “CONSERVATISM IS DEAD, THANK GOD.” Weird how he thanks God, but doesn't believe in God.
Do you know what fascism is?
Come on, you're being silly.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Saying that the percentage of Americans who are white is declining and that it is on track to be majority-minority in the USA is not "great replacement theory." That is just factual based on the data we have. The "theory" is that there is a conspiracy of folks (Democrats) who are actively trying to push immigrants and other minorities into the country as a way of "replacing" white voters so that they can gain power. That's the crazy cuckoo part, the part pushed by Tucker and Fox and the part that made the killer so angry that he murdered 10 innocent people.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Killing people and trying to justify it is insane. That goes for every one of these people.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:02 pm
Killing people and trying to justify it is insane. That goes for every one of these people.
That is exactly what will happen by overturning Roe.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:28 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:02 pm
That is exactly what will happen by overturning Roe.

Different subject, but...seems like an ironic tie in.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's been a horrific mass shooting at an elementary school in Texas. 14 children and a teacher are dead:

As a reminder of what Texas Republicans think about these kinds of weapons:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:59 pm
There's been a horrific mass shooting at an elementary school in Texas. 14 children and a teacher are dead:

As a reminder of what Texas Republicans think about these kinds of weapons:
Never let a tragedy go to waste to politicize it before the bodies are even cold.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yes, I will politicize it. Because one party is stopping us from making reasonable gun policies, and it's killing innocent people. The guns are the problem, and the blood is on the GOP's hands.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's bullshit laws like this that make it easy for these kinds of mass shootings to take place. The shooter was an 18-year-old boy.