Democratic primary watch

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3517
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Nodack » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:17 pm


Phoenix219
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Phoenix219 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm

ICE won't scare anyone that shoudln't be scared because they are not allowed to vote legally. You guys are fucking hilarious. What a joke. SMH.

Really, you guys are all a bunch of brain-dead brainwashed self righteous propaganda spewing holier than though narcissistic delusional close minded assholes. Fuck all of you.

User avatar
3rdside
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by 3rdside » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:55 pm

Phoenix219 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm
ICE won't scare anyone that shoudln't be scared because they are not allowed to vote legally. You guys are fucking hilarious. What a joke. SMH.

Really, you guys are all a bunch of brain-dead brainwashed self righteous propaganda spewing holier than though narcissistic delusional close minded assholes. Fuck all of you.
Lol dude, that’s definitely a sane way to engage.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3517
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Nodack » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:58 pm

There is no news that isn’t propaganda to a Trump supporter. FOX News is fake news now to Trump. If you consider 99.9999999999999999999% of all news fake, maybe it’s not them...

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10519
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Indy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:18 pm

3rdside wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:55 pm
Phoenix219 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm
ICE won't scare anyone that shoudln't be scared because they are not allowed to vote legally. You guys are fucking hilarious. What a joke. SMH.

Really, you guys are all a bunch of brain-dead brainwashed self righteous propaganda spewing holier than though narcissistic delusional close minded assholes. Fuck all of you.
Lol dude, that’s definitely a sane way to engage.
You certainly show your sanity when you show up out of nowhere to post something like that. :lol: I fear for this country.

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17947
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Superbone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:48 pm

Phoenix219 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm
ICE won't scare anyone that shoudln't be scared because they are not allowed to vote legally. You guys are fucking hilarious. What a joke. SMH.

Really, you guys are all a bunch of brain-dead brainwashed self righteous propaganda spewing holier than though narcissistic delusional close minded assholes. Fuck all of you.
Marty... It's time. I will ignore him for now.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins and counting in a shortened season...

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 11419
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Mori Chu » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Phoenix219 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm
ICE won't scare anyone that shoudln't be scared because they are not allowed to vote legally. You guys are ------- hilarious. What a joke. SMH.

Really, you guys are all a bunch of -------------. ---- all of you.
P219, I like you and wish you well. But that message was totally out of line. I'm going to temp mute your account for one month, and I hope you'll come back after that and rejoin us with a better attitude.

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17947
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Superbone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:33 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:03 pm
Phoenix219 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm
ICE won't scare anyone that shoudln't be scared because they are not allowed to vote legally. You guys are ------- hilarious. What a joke. SMH.

Really, you guys are all a bunch of -------------. ---- all of you.
P219, I like you and wish you well. But that message was totally out of line. I'm going to temp mute your account for one month, and I hope you'll come back after that and rejoin us with a better attitude.
Only one month? I disagree. How many strikes does this guy get? Oh, well. I'll never see another one of his posts ever again.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins and counting in a shortened season...

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 11419
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Mori Chu » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:34 pm

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:33 pm
Only one month? I disagree. How many strikes does this guy get? Oh, well. I'll never see another one of his posts ever again.
The site actually doesn't have a time-limited ban/mute option. So I set it to "ban" mode for him. But I didn't set myself a reminder a month from now, let's put it that way. So we'll see whether I remember or not.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3517
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Nodack » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Phoenix219 insulting us doesn’t bother me. I post in other forums and get insulted and called names on an hourly basis. We talk shit about Trump and I’m sure that bothers someone who is a fan of Trump. You have to have thick skin to venture into the politics thread and some people just can’t hang.

In other political comment sections most of the comments are just insults. I prefer to wage war with links and info. Unfortunately Trump has his supporters convinced that he’s the only person on the planet who tells the truth and everything else is fake, therefore debating them is a waste of time.

I have been a regular in the politics thread at phx-suns.net for decades now I think and I don’t believe I have ever called any member here a name. That is a line I won’t cross. Correct me if I’m wrong.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:13 pm

I was taught that using personal insults in a debate was the quickest way to show that you don't have a winning argument to make.

I suppose that since childish insults are Trumps go-to move for trying to discredit someone (Sleepy Joe, Low Energy Jeb, etc.), his supporters think doing the same is a winning strategy.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17947
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Superbone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:57 pm

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 pm
Phoenix219 insulting us doesn’t bother me. I post in other forums and get insulted and called names on an hourly basis. We talk shit about Trump and I’m sure that bothers someone who is a fan of Trump. You have to have thick skin to venture into the politics thread and some people just can’t hang.

In other political comment sections most of the comments are just insults. I prefer to wage war with links and info. Unfortunately Trump has his supporters convinced that he’s the only person on the planet who tells the truth and everything else is fake, therefore debating them is a waste of time.
I'm not interested in being a part of anything like that.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins and counting in a shortened season...

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17947
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Superbone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:57 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:13 pm
I was taught that using personal insults in a debate was the quickest way to show that you don't have a winning argument to make.

I suppose that since childish insults are Trumps go-to move for trying to discredit someone (Sleepy Joe, Low Energy Jeb, etc.), his supporters think doing the same is a winning strategy.
This.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins and counting in a shortened season...

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17947
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Superbone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 pm
I have been a regular in the politics thread at phx-suns.net for decades now I think and I don’t believe I have ever called any member here a name. That is a line I won’t cross. Correct me if I’m wrong.
And that's the way it should be. We should have enough dignity and respect for each other not to hurl insults and tell whole groups of people to F off. That is the lowest of the low.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins and counting in a shortened season...

User avatar
3rdside
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by 3rdside » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:38 am

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:18 pm
3rdside wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:55 pm
Phoenix219 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm
ICE won't scare anyone that shoudln't be scared because they are not allowed to vote legally. You guys are fucking hilarious. What a joke. SMH.

Really, you guys are all a bunch of brain-dead brainwashed self righteous propaganda spewing holier than though narcissistic delusional close minded assholes. Fuck all of you.
Lol dude, that’s definitely a sane way to engage.
You certainly show your sanity when you show up out of nowhere to post something like that. :lol: I fear for this country.
Revealing, depressing and worrying all in one go; how many times have I tried to see the positives of Trump or self audit my liberal-democrat leaning view, which 219 seems to have missed. Anyway...

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10519
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Indy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:15 am

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 pm
I have been a regular in the politics thread at phx-suns.net for decades now I think and I don’t believe I have ever called any member here a name. That is a line I won’t cross. Correct me if I’m wrong.
And that's the way it should be. We should have enough dignity and respect for each other not to hurl insults and tell whole groups of people to F off. That is the lowest of the low.
agreed

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 11419
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Mori Chu » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:39 pm

This little situation is a good reminder that things will probably get heated between now and November. Let's try our best to stay respectful and kind to each other, even if we don't disagree. I post some pretty strong anti-Trump and anti-GOP stuff here, but I don't want to use personal attacks toward anybody. If I do, or if anybody does, it isn't right. Let me or another mod (green username) know if you think somebody has gone too far, including me. Thanks all.

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17947
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Superbone » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:14 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:39 pm
This little situation is a good reminder that things will probably get heated between now and November. Let's try our best to stay respectful and kind to each other, even if we don't disagree. I post some pretty strong anti-Trump and anti-GOP stuff here, but I don't want to use personal attacks toward anybody. If I do, or if anybody does, it isn't right. Let me or another mod (green username) know if you think somebody has gone too far, including me. Thanks all.
Way to go out on a limb! :P
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins and counting in a shortened season...

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by specialsauce » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Phoenix219 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm
ICE won't scare anyone that shoudln't be scared because they are not allowed to vote legally. You guys are fucking hilarious. What a joke. SMH.

Really, you guys are all a bunch of brain-dead brainwashed self righteous propaganda spewing holier than though narcissistic delusional close minded assholes. Fuck all of you.
LOLLLLLLl

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by specialsauce » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 pm
Phoenix219 insulting us doesn’t bother me. I post in other forums and get insulted and called names on an hourly basis. We talk shit about Trump and I’m sure that bothers someone who is a fan of Trump. You have to have thick skin to venture into the politics thread and some people just can’t hang.

In other political comment sections most of the comments are just insults. I prefer to wage war with links and info. Unfortunately Trump has his supporters convinced that he’s the only person on the planet who tells the truth and everything else is fake, therefore debating them is a waste of time.

I have been a regular in the politics thread at phx-suns.net for decades now I think and I don’t believe I have ever called any member here a name. That is a line I won’t cross. Correct me if I’m wrong.
That’s because you’re a loser.

I’ve never called anyone names either though.

Post Reply