Impeachment

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Impeachment

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:37 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:34 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:31 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:23 pm

So is "anonymous sources", but maybe I should have reported that instead, since that seems to be more accepted.

BTW, this still part of this Impeachment thread since it had to do with the original Impeachment, but "sources are saying" that it looks like Trump is going to be declassifying everything about ObamaGate by Monday.
what do you think ObamaGate is?
Seems we may have different ideas on what it is? What do you think it is?
Nothing. But you probably believe it to be the greatest conspiracy against Donald Trump ever perpetrated.
I'm sorry, what? You attempting to put words in my mouth again, Indy? Can you please not do that? ObamaGate, from my understanding, was the spying on the Trump campaign.
How many people from the trump campaign do you think have been convicted, plead guilty, or indicted (not yet tried, not yet pardoned)?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:37 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:34 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:31 pm

what do you think ObamaGate is?
Seems we may have different ideas on what it is? What do you think it is?
Nothing. But you probably believe it to be the greatest conspiracy against Donald Trump ever perpetrated.
I'm sorry, what? You attempting to put words in my mouth again, Indy? Can you please not do that? ObamaGate, from my understanding, was the spying on the Trump campaign.
How many people from the trump campaign do you think have been convicted, plead guilty, or indicted (not yet tried, not yet pardoned)?
I honestly haven't kept track, but let me guess...you have been?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:05 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 am
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... auguration
Doug Ducey, Arizona’s Republican governor, announced Thursday that he plans to attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next week.

“In America, we believe in the peaceful transition of power. It doesn't matter who you supported in the election -- once the election is over, we put country before party. Never has it been more important than right now to observe these traditions for the whole world to see," Ducey said in a statement. “I was honored to represent Arizona at the inauguration of President Trump in 2017, and I am honored to represent our state at the 59th Inaugural Ceremonies next week.”

Ducey acknowledged that he and Biden have policy differences, but said he believes the president-elect to be a “good man" who "wants to serve his country” and that he looks forward to working with the incoming administration.
That is really interesting. Thanks Nodack for posting that. Good for Ducey.
He knows Trump can't give him anything anymore, so he has to suck up to someone else now. But I am glad he said Trump bears some responsibility for what happened at the Capitol.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Doug Ducey, Arizona’s Republican governor, announced Thursday that he plans to attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next week.

“In America, we believe in the peaceful transition of power. It doesn't matter who you supported in the election -- once the election is over, we put country before party. Never has it been more important than right now to observe these traditions for the whole world to see," Ducey said in a statement. “I was honored to represent Arizona at the inauguration of President Trump in 2017, and I am honored to represent our state at the 59th Inaugural Ceremonies next week.”

Ducey acknowledged that he and Biden have policy differences, but said he believes the president-elect to be a “good man" who "wants to serve his country” and that he looks forward to working with the incoming administration.
He knows Trump can't give him anything anymore, so he has to suck up to someone else now. But I am glad he said Trump bears some responsibility for what happened at the Capitol.
Do you think there will be a lot of people attending Joe's Inauguration? I mean other then political leaders and dignitaries? I'm curious if you think that 7ft high no climb fences, concrete barriers and 20K armed troops might be a tad bit excessive?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

Do you think there will be a lot of people attending Joe's Inauguration? I mean other then political leaders and dignitaries? I'm curious if you think that 7ft high no climb fences, concrete barriers and 20K armed troops might be a tad bit excessive?
There were literal bombs at the Capitol building last week. Where exactly is your line for 'no longer excessive'?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:33 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

There were literal bombs at the Capitol building last week. Where exactly is your line for 'no longer excessive'?
I'm just saying that 20K armed troops seems like a lot. Might be more than actually shows up for the Inauguration, but he did get more votes than any Presidential candidate ever, so idk.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Why is that Trump supporters equate rally attendance to voter turnout?

It's like saying that I'm not a real Suns fan because I haven't been to a game in a decade.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

In2ition wrote:

I'm just saying that 20K armed troops seems like a lot. Might be more than actually shows up for the Inauguration, but he did get more votes than any Presidential candidate ever, so idk.
I do not think that a lot of regular, everyday Biden supporters will show up for the inauguration event, for the same reason that a huge number of Biden's votes came in by mail: Biden supporters tend to be concerned about COVID transmission, and tend to do what they can do minimize circumstances where they'd be put at risk unnecessarily. I know that I wouldn't go to a big event, even if it was held outdoors and I thought that a majority of the people there would probably be masked. Simply not worth the risk of exposure, to me, right now.

As far as all the armed troops - this feels to me like classic overcompensation. The people in charge of government-level security know that the optics of the lack of manpower and pathetic disorganization around the Capitol a week ago were terrible. They're swinging way in the opposite direction just to cover their bases; they really can't afford to have anything else happen.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's better than the alternative as we saw last Wednesday.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 pm
Why is that Trump supporters equate rally attendance to voter turnout?

It's like saying that I'm not a real Suns fan because I haven't been to a game in a decade.
I didn't mean that disparagingly towards Joe. It's just that in covid times and these past weeks, I have a hard time seeing a large crowd for it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

BKinSJC wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:39 pm
In2ition wrote:

I do not think that a lot of regular, everyday Biden supporters will show up for the inauguration event, for the same reason that a huge number of Biden's votes came in by mail: Biden supporters tend to be concerned about COVID transmission, and tend to do what they can do minimize circumstances where they'd be put at risk unnecessarily. I know that I wouldn't go to a big event, even if it was held outdoors and I thought that a majority of the people there would probably be masked. Simply not worth the risk of exposure, to me, right now.

As far as all the armed troops - this feels to me like classic overcompensation. The people in charge of government-level security know that the optics of the lack of manpower and pathetic disorganization around the Capitol a week ago were terrible. They're swinging way in the opposite direction just to cover their bases; they really can't afford to have anything else happen.
Yeah, I can see that. That makes more sense.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I doubt anything will happen at the inauguration. The 20k troops given the ok to use force stationed inside the wall they built would deter anyone thinking about doing harm. Trump has gone on the air and thrown his supporters under the bus blaming them for the insurrection and Trump lost his ability to communicate with his supporters, effectively cutting off his balls. It’s overkill but, a message has been sent.

I think very few will attend the inauguration because of Covid like was already said. They were promoting people watching it on TV too. He might have won by the most votes but, he might have the smallest turnout of any inauguration ever. Trump will say that proves nobody likes Biden and that the election was a fraud. I’m sure if Trump would have won, all of his supporters would show up and get nice and close with each other maskless proving Covid is fake.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The trial today is pretty gripping. Seriously, watch this and tell me how Donald Trump isn't guilty of inciting a seditious insurrection against our country. Tell me how you support this man after watching this.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Watch the Trump mob walk straight from his rally to the capitol. It's all from their cell phone location data.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump's lawyers say he was immediately 'horrified' by the Capitol attack. Here's what his allies and aides said really happened that day.
https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/a ... o-20590102

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:52 pm
Watch the Trump mob walk straight from his rally to the capitol. It's all from their cell phone location data.

If I'm not mistaken, that graphic also includes non-Trump people like the media who were covering the whole situation.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:44 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, that graphic also includes non-Trump people like the media who were covering the whole situation.
Yep. This is just a dump of cell phone GPS data--independent of political lean. I am not sure if it was from all carriers or just some.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:03 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:44 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

Yep. This is just a dump of cell phone GPS data--independent of political lean. I am not sure if it was from all carriers or just some.
I thought In2ition was saying that the insurrection and capitol breach occurred before Trump finished his speech at the rally?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

His speech ended at 1:10PM. The breach was around 2:15PM.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I just quit a Maga band. It felt good.