Impeachment

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Impeachment

Post by Mori Chu »

Does anybody know whether Stone can be charged with anything in a state court, such as SDNY? That seems to be the best way to get actual justice for most of the other goons.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:36 am
Does anybody know whether Stone can be charged with anything in a state court, such as SDNY? That seems to be the best way to get actual justice for most of the other goons.
SDNY isn't a "state" court. That is a federal court. As far as I know, he wasn't investigated at the state level, and his crimes were covering up and lying to investigators. So probably not.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

There were three US District Attorney offices investigating Issues relating to Trump. William Barr has now decapitated all three by replacing the top guy and has effectively shut down those investigations and started new investigations into Trumps enemies like Obama.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:36 pm
There were three US District Attorney offices investigating Issues relating to Trump. William Barr has now decapitated all three by replacing the top guy and has effectively shut down those investigations and started new investigations into Trumps enemies like Obama.
I still think they are going to try to spring a crooked "October surprise" by opening a bogus investigation into Joe Biden, his son/family, or others near him right before the election. Even if it's total bunk, it will look bad and hurt him in the polls.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That goes without saying that they will. I predict Rudy makes another appearance.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Whistleblower alleges repeated attempts were made to report Pompeo's 'questionable activities'
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... rt-pompeos

A State Department whistleblower attempted to warn the agency's Office of Legal Affairs about "questionable" activities involving Secretary Mike Pompeo but was "blocked" from doing so, according to the complaint.

The State Department declined McClatchy's request for comment on the whistleblower complaint. However, in explaining redactions made to the whistleblower complaint, the agency's lawyers revealed that Pompeo still remains the target of at least one active investigation despite arranging the firing of the agency's Inspector General in May.

“In some ways, this is good news, because there’s some indication now that the inspector general’s office has not backed off of investigating the secretary’s conduct,” Austin Evers said. “But in other ways, there’s much we still don’t know about that conduct.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm kind of hoping he doesn't even make it to the election. He's done so much illegal and un-American stuff that maybe he gets ousted first.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He has Trump to protect him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:24 pm
He has Trump to protect him.
I was talking about Trump.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:59 pm
I'm kind of hoping he doesn't even make it to the election. He's done so much illegal and un-American stuff that maybe he gets ousted first.
Ousted by whom? His cabinet? The Senate? Come on, are you frakking serious? Wake up!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:48 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:59 pm
Ousted by whom? His cabinet? The Senate? Come on, are you frakking serious? Wake up!
No thanks. Maybe in November.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Watch as these animals viciously attack a peaceful Navy veteran:

The guy is like a superhero. He just stood there, hands to his side as they broke his hand in two places. A true hero standing up to our fascist government.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

^ What possible justification can there be for that behavior by the police?

I showed it to my in-laws and they said they think the video is fake because it came from Twitter...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

FBI -“Russia’s goal is to erode American confidence in our democratic institutions.”

Trump - “Don’t trust what our intelligence community says. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what the FBI says. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what the doctors say. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what the IRS says. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what the media says. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what whistleblowers say. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what the CDC says. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what those 65 women who said I sexually assaulted them said. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what the WHO says. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what Inspector Generals say. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what any of the witnesses said. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what the UN says. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what the Supreme Court says. They lie!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what Fauci says. He lies!”
Trump - “Don’t trust what you see or hear. They lie!”

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

How Donald Trump Moved Millions From His Campaign Donors To His Private Business
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatin ... 81f23a735c

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

You'd think there'd be laws against that or something. Oh well.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Most. Corrupt. President. Ever.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Because of my broken fibula that isn’t healing apparently, I have had a lot of couch time and have been spending way too much time reading and perusing headlines. I have been seeing a million Trump polls everywhere. They are all put on by Trump and all of the questions are “Do you think the media has been fair to Trump?” “Do you think the media has been against religious people?” “Do you think the media has been trying to make Trump look bad?” I clicked on one before just to see what they were. I counted 12 of those polls on one page once in the comment section of “The Hill”. All of them want your email, phone #, zip code and a donation at the end. One of the polls has ‘other’ as an option for each question and a space to write. I didn’t want to give them any of my info so, I didn’t take the polls at first. Yesterday I took about 20 of his polls and made up humorous names, numbers and emails. I don’t think he is going to like my answers.:) In all honesty I seriously doubt anybody reads the comments. I am pretty sure it’s all about getting donations that he is going to siphon into his own bank accounts somehow.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump’s Request of an Ambassador: Get the British Open for Me
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/21/worl ... -open.html
LONDON — The American ambassador to Britain, Robert Wood Johnson IV, told multiple colleagues in February 2018 that President Trump had asked him to see if the British government could help steer the world-famous and lucrative British Open golf tournament to the Trump Turnberry resort in Scotland, according to three people with knowledge of the episode.

The ambassador’s deputy, Lewis A. Lukens, advised him not to do it, warning that it would be an unethical use of the presidency for private gain, these people said. But Mr. Johnson apparently felt pressured to try. A few weeks later, he raised the idea of Turnberry playing host to the Open with the secretary of state for Scotland, David Mundell.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:10 pm
Trump’s Request of an Ambassador: Get the British Open for Me
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/21/worl ... -open.html
LONDON — The American ambassador to Britain, Robert Wood Johnson IV, told multiple colleagues in February 2018 that President Trump had asked him to see if the British government could help steer the world-famous and lucrative British Open golf tournament to the Trump Turnberry resort in Scotland, according to three people with knowledge of the episode.

The ambassador’s deputy, Lewis A. Lukens, advised him not to do it, warning that it would be an unethical use of the presidency for private gain, these people said. But Mr. Johnson apparently felt pressured to try. A few weeks later, he raised the idea of Turnberry playing host to the Open with the secretary of state for Scotland, David Mundell.
Trump is toxic over here, no way it happens and if Bozo said he'd look into it it's almost certainly out of political courtesy and that's it.