Impeachment

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Impeachment

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:25 pm
I just quit a Maga band. It felt good.
I didn't know there was such a thing!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I didn’t either. The leader of this band liked to turn the gigs into Trump rallies and I decided I didn’t want to be part of it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:14 pm
I didn’t either. The leader of this band liked to turn the gigs into Trump rallies and I decided I didn’t want to be part of it.
Good for you, man!
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:14 pm
Good for you, for sure. I know it's especially hard during these economic times to turn down work but I'm glad you were able to stay true to yourself.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have done several gigs for him and he really went off on the last one. The keyboardist called me on his behalf for Sat and I said I had Covid. That didn’t bother them one bit. I told him I can’t work with the leader anymore because he was turning them into political rallies. He understood and knows. He kept calling him the My Pillow guy the last gig himself but really needs the gig.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Pence reportedly 'angry' at Trump for not asking about his safety during Capitol riot: Chris Wallace
Pence team views Trump's failure to call off the mob as 'ultimate betrayal,' says 'Fox News Sunday' host
https://www.foxnews.com/media/wallace-p ... ment-trial

"That weekend [after the riot], some members of the Pence team called me up ... to make it clear — this is how angry the Pence team was — that Donald Trump never called Mike Pence when he was in the bunker inside the Capitol, to ask him if he was safe, to inquire about his safety, nor did he ever urge the people who were storming the Capitol to stand down and not to go after Mike Pence," Wallace recalled.

They felt they did "'everything we could for four years to serve you, to stand by you,'" Wallace said. "'You asked us to do something that was a constitutional impossibility, and then you didn’t protect us when the mob came to — literally to try to find him [Pence]' and to, in the minds of some of them, to execute him."

After a days-long rift, Trump and Pence eventually met in the Oval Office to discuss the final days of their administration, but a fair amount of "residual bitterness" remains between them, Wallace said.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Do you think the results of this trial would have been any different if Mike Pence had been publicly hanged? I don’t.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:32 pm
Do you think the results of this trial would have been any different if Mike Pence had been publicly hanged? I don’t.
Nope. The 95% of the GOP don't care about upholding the law or our democracy. They wouldn't sacrifice a hard primary opponent to hold insurrectionist accountable. They want to stay on the teat at all costs.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think Trump could have led the way with an assault rifle mowing down any cops in his way and the Republican Senators would be just as likely to vote to acquit.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:37 am
I think Trump could have led the way with an assault rifle mowing down any cops in his way and the Republican Senators would be just as likely to vote to acquit.
That's why this is all so depressing and infuriating. There's no accountability and the more the Dems push and present facts and evidence, the more the right digs in, denies it, makes up their own version of events and benefits from their base with votes and money. Imagine anyone of us going to trial and having our friends, family and co-workers in the jury box having no intention of a guilty verdict. Not so impartial and defeats the purpose of "checks and balances".

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:08 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:37 am
That's why this is all so depressing and infuriating. There's no accountability and the more the Dems push and present facts and evidence, the more the right digs in, denies it, makes up their own version of events and benefits from their base with votes and money. Imagine anyone of us going to trial and having our friends, family and co-workers in the jury box having no intention of a guilty verdict. Not so impartial and defeats the purpose of "checks and balances".
Facts? Like deceptively editing the videos? Using a BLM/Antifa member's videos as evidence, without addressing who's video they are using? Or tampering with fabricated tweets used as physical evidence? https://www.waynedupree.com/2021/02/eri ... ach-tweet/ Is perjury punishable in this court? It's a bit of a kangaroo court, without a Chief Justice presiding, and a clearly partial juror presiding over it.

As far as Nodack's post, you have to be kidding, that is insane demagoguery. As you've said, "Nice try". BTW, how are you feeling? I hope you are getting better and beating back covid.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm curious what you all think about how this trial will evidentially turn out? Not what you HOPE for, but how you think this will actually end?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:51 am
I'm curious what you all think about how this trial will evidentially turn out? Not what you HOPE for, but how you think this will actually end?
We all know what the results are going to be. What are you talking about?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:00 am
In2ition wrote:
So you think it's all true what the Dems are presenting, he should be found guilty and then further found of sedition and treason and then killed for the crimes, but instead it won't get enough votes? This is your conclusion and results of this? I don't want to put words in your mouth, this is just an example and question.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Trump won't be convicted. Some if not most of the people who were arrested for storming the Capitol will see various forms of punishment. Some will probably become celebrities and martyrs for the right, become rich, maybe run for public office as "patriots".

Facts are facts. Trump's words were his own and the videos show what they show. If January 6th wasn't seen as some last date to overturn the election, if Trump doesn't plan a rally and promote it and invite people to come to DC, if people stay home that day or if Trump were to have stood up and say "I concede, the election was free and fair", there's no riot, 5 people aren't dead, and there's no 2nd impeachment trial. But I know you and others really think it was all rigged and stolen and everything presented since the election is wrong and lies and part of some massive conspiracy to get Trump out of office. So that's where we are.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:05 am
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
So you think it's all true what the Dems are presenting, he should be found guilty and then further found of sedition and treason and then killed for the crimes, but instead it won't get enough votes? This is your conclusion and results of this? I don't want to put words in your mouth, this is just an example and question.
Are you being serious here?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:09 am
Trump won't be convicted. Some if not most of the people who were arrested for storming the Capitol will see various forms of punishment. Some will probably become celebrities and martyrs for the right, become rich, maybe run for public office as "patriots".

Facts are facts. Trump's words were his own and the videos show what they show. If January 6th wasn't seen as some last date to overturn the election, if Trump doesn't plan a rally and promote it and invite people to come to DC, if people stay home that day or if Trump were to have stood up and say "I concede, the election was free and fair", there's no riot, 5 people aren't dead, and there's no 2nd impeachment trial. But I know you and others really think it was all rigged and stolen and everything presented since the election is wrong and lies and part of some massive conspiracy to get Trump out of office. So that's where we are.
The Dems presented that there were 7 people killed in the riot.

Thanks for your opinion. I hope that none of the people that were arrested and committed obvious crimes ever become famous or considered martyrs, but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened in our history. Not saying it's right, because I don't think that at all.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:14 am
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Of course, what's the punishment for Treason?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:17 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:14 am
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Of course, what's the punishment for Treason?
This is an impeachment trial with the true ultimate goal of trying to ensure he cannot run for public office in the future. This isn't a treason trial with the stakes of death by execution, unless you're reading a different narrative somewhere that I've missed.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleiii
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
Again, I'm not sure where you're pulling the whole treason bit from and asking if we think Trump should be killed, other than trying to illicit an absurd response for your own entertainment.