Presidential Pardons

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
Cap
Posts: 6338
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Cap » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am

Indy wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:29 am
war crimes are ok as long as US is the one doing it. that is exactly what this says.
That is exactly what Trump has always said, so at least he gets points for consistency. He campaigned on a promise to get back at Islamic terrorists by killing their families. And the pigs-blood thing.

Didn’t originate with Trump, really. Republicans were generally OK with the use of “enhance interrogation” during the Bush administration.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9845
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Indy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Cap wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:29 am
war crimes are ok as long as US is the one doing it. that is exactly what this says.
That is exactly what Trump has always said, so at least he gets points for consistency. He campaigned on a promise to get back at Islamic terrorists by killing their families. And the pigs-blood thing.

Didn’t originate with Trump, really. Republicans were generally OK with the use of “enhance interrogation” during the Bush administration.
water boarding and stabbing to death POWs for fun are not in the same ballpark. Still awful, though.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 10829
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Mori Chu » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:10 pm

I just can't believe this is considered a politically advantageous move. Are there really millions of people out there who support and condone this, when our own Navy strongly condemns it? What morality or compassion is in play in making such a decision to support a butcher like that?

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Nodack » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:24 pm

He is their Messiah, the chosen one. It doesn’t matter what bad things he does. It was gods will. He works in mysterious ways.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Nodack » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Trump just did a radio interview with Bill O’Reilly and was asked what he and Rudy were doing in the Ukraine. Trump said he would have to ask Rudy about that because Trump had nothing going on with the Ukraine. He said Rudy has lots of clients in the Ukraine.

There we have Trump officially throwing Rudy under the bus. Trump threw Cohen under the bus and he now sits in prison. Rudy said if Trump does throw him under the bus, he has an insurance policy. I guess we will find out if that was true or BS soon.

Trump Denies Sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine for Biden Probe
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... iden-probe

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9845
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Indy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:10 pm
I just can't believe this is considered a politically advantageous move. Are there really millions of people out there who support and condone this, when our own Navy strongly condemns it? What morality or compassion is in play in making such a decision to support a butcher like that?
There are absolutely many many people in this country that think whatever you do to an islamic terrorist is a-ok because of "never forget." They are racist. And they vote. And they vote for other white guys from the GOP, especially if they drop hints about how awful brown people are without actually using the official racist language, so they can pretend they aren't racist if questioned on it.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 10829
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Mori Chu » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:00 pm

Indy wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:41 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:10 pm
I just can't believe this is considered a politically advantageous move. Are there really millions of people out there who support and condone this, when our own Navy strongly condemns it? What morality or compassion is in play in making such a decision to support a butcher like that?
There are absolutely many many people in this country that think whatever you do to an islamic terrorist is a-ok because of "never forget." They are racist. And they vote. And they vote for other white guys from the GOP, especially if they drop hints about how awful brown people are without actually using the official racist language, so they can pretend they aren't racist if questioned on it.
See also: Trump's frequent use of full name "Barack HUSSEIN Obama" as a way to remind his white supporters that Obama is an outsider, an "other." Ditto folks like AOC, Ilhan Omar, and so on. They're not real Americans; they hate this country; they are a threat to you. Their skin is brown. Be afraid.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Nodack » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:27 am

The message works for about half of America.

Phoenix219
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Phoenix219 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:05 am

https://www.navytimes.com/opinion/2019/ ... gher-case/

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... -innocent/

A lot more to this case then your propaganda news will ever tell you. Try doing some research.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Nodack » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:01 am

The first article is written by the brother as an opinion piece. The second one details the defense saying everyone else was corrupt and therefore his client should be released.

All I knew of this case was that the Navy found the guy guilty, took his Trident pin away, then Trump decided to circumvent the military and basically pardon him which really pissed off the military.

Phoenix219
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Phoenix219 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:24 am

Except for the fact that he WAS found not guilty.

Facts that came out during trial are not opinions.....


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 10829
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Mori Chu » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:16 am

Sure, NPR and most other major news sources are all propaganda, but foxnews.com and some editorial are totally legit.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Nodack » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:02 pm

Seven of his buddies testified against him saying he stabbed the guy to death. Then another guy supposedly choked the guy to death. Someone wasn’t telling the truth obviously. He was found innocent of all but one charge. Taking a selfie with the dead guy, which they said proves he was proud of his actions I guess It is a crime. I have been on several DOD tours and met a lot of Seals. They all proudly take pictures of the people they kill like trophies. Kind of twisted to me but, I am not in their shoes.

I do know the military was pissed off that Trump intervened and that led to the Sec of the Navy getting canned for insubordination.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9845
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Presidential Pardons

Post by Indy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Nodack wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:02 pm
Seven of his buddies testified against him saying he stabbed the guy to death. Then another guy supposedly choked the guy to death. Someone wasn’t telling the truth obviously. He was found innocent of all but one charge. Taking a selfie with the dead guy, which they said proves he was proud of his actions I guess It is a crime. I have been on several DOD tours and met a lot of Seals. They all proudly take pictures of the people they kill like trophies. Kind of twisted to me but, I am not in their shoes.

I do know the military was pissed off that Trump intervened and that led to the Sec of the Navy getting canned for insubordination.
And the one guy that said EG didn't kill him was immune from prosecution. think for yourself phx219

Post Reply