Trump's UK trip

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Trump's UK trip

Post by Mori Chu »

You can tell the Brits don't like the guy. They're going to fly a "big baby" balloon overhead when he visits London. Trump is criticizing the mayor of London on Twitter. There's a dumb disagreement about whether Trump called Dutchess Meghan Markle "nasty" (who cares?). And then there's this gem of an interview with Jared Kushner, who among other things won't say that birtherism was racist; defends his interactions with the Saudis, Iran, and Palestine; and won't say whether he would alert the FBI if contacted by Russian hackers again, despite this being required by law. Oof.

https://www.axios.com/jared-kushner-tru ... e6611.html

Mori Chu

Re: Trump's UK trip

Post by Mori Chu »

I still don't understand why Trump's children and children-in-law, who were not elected to any position, accompany him on official government visits and are treated as part of the federal government. And why does Jared Kushner have a security clearance?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Totally normal, totally legal.

Replace Trump and his kids' names with Hillary, Chelsea, and Chelsea's husband in any/all of these reports and see how the right reacts.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:05 am
I still don't understand why Trump's children and children-in-law, who were not elected to any position, accompany him on official government visits and are treated as part of the federal government. And why does Jared Kushner have a security clearance?
1) They have been appointed to official positions (at least some of them).
2) Because the president ordered it. And he can technically declassify anything. It doesn't matter that it makes our country less secure.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:10 am
Totally normal, totally legal.

Replace Trump and his kids' names with Hillary, Chelsea, and Chelsea's husband in any/all of these reports and see how the right reacts.
Yeah, there would be non-stop hearings in congress every single day.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There wasn't really a good thread for this, but I had to post it somewhere. LOL @ the leaked video of the world leaders making fun of Trump and laughing at him. It made Trump so mad that he has left his summit early and canceled scheduled meetings. Poor baby! I hope all the Republicans realize that our President is such a moron that the rest of the world leaders just openly make fun of him when they get together now.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 32496.html

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just can't get enough of this. Trump loves to talk about how the world used to laugh at the US and how he's changed that. Ironically, we used to be the most respected nation in the world, and now with him at the helm, we're being laughed at. How pathetic. I also love that he pouted and left the entire summit in a snit. Is there any precedent for a US President being so sensitive and immature in a global summit? What a global embarrassment he is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Princess of England wouldn't even shake his hand.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s funny from a partisan view and sad from an American view. I am a little concerned for Trumps mental state. He has to feel like a trapped animal and we know what trapped animals do when cornered. Maybe he will just get fed up and resign.

carey

Post by carey »

Nodack wrote:It’s funny from a partisan view and sad from an American view. I am a little concerned for Trumps mental state. He has to feel like a trapped animal and we know what trapped animals do when cornered. Maybe he will just get fed up and resign.
That’s not at all what narcissist do in this situation. Stay tuned.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hide the Football.