Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking arrest

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking arrest

Post by Mori Chu »

I hope we can all agree that anybody who actually involved themselves in doing gross sex stuff with Epstein should face consequences. Like, such a person should not be voted for, such a person should be investigated or prosecuted as appropriate. Whether that's Bill Clinton, or Trump, or Biden, or Alan Dershowitz, or whomever it is.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

:100:
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t care what gross stuff they were doing as long as it was legal and consensual. Sex with underaged girls would come under the category of illegal and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree on general, Dack. But prostitution is also illegal in many areas. It sure seems like Epstein was trafficking women of various ages and not always with their full consent. So I find the whole enterprise very sketchy and questionable regardless of whether some subset of it was technically legal.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trafficking adult women as sex slaves certainly counts as illegal activity. I actually think prostitution should be legal like Amsterdam, regulated.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:09 pm
Trafficking adult women as sex slaves certainly counts as illegal activity. I actually think prostitution should be legal like Amsterdam, regulated.
Agreed. I don’t see a problem with two consenting adults having sex where the only difference is money is exchanged.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have wondered how many rapes this might end.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So Trump's name was brought up in the unsealed Epstein court documents, testimony and questions in the trial. I assume that it must not have been anything, otherwise it would have been mentioned, right?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:42 am
Huh?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:44 am
Nodack wrote:
Huh?
I have wondered how many men have been desperate enough for sex a that they would rape a woman because for whatever reason no girl wants any part of them. Legalizing prostitution might solve that.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:43 am
So Trump's name was brought up in the unsealed Epstein court documents, testimony and questions in the trial. I assume that it must not have been anything, otherwise it would have been mentioned, right?
I see lots of mentioning going on. Prince Andrew, Clinton and Trump are being mentioned as frequent travelers on Epstein Airlines. They aren’t being accused officially of anything yet except in Prince Andrew’s case. He is getting hammered in England.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:01 am
Cap wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Huh?
I have wondered how many men have been desperate enough for sex a that they would rape a woman because for whatever reason no girl wants any part of them. Legalizing prostitution might solve that.
I am skeptical of your theory. Being able to relieve their physical urges in a brothel isn’t going to assuage their anger. Rape is more about power dynamics than relieving horniness.
Last edited by Cap on Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:15 am
I am skeptical of your theory. Being able to relieve their physical urges in a brother isn’t going to assuage their anger. Rape is more about power dynamics than relieving horniness.
Hey, what you do in your family is your business, but me and my bros don't get down like that!!

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:24 am
Cap wrote:
I am skeptical of your theory. Being able to relieve their physical urges in a brother isn’t going to assuage their anger. Rape is more about power dynamics than relieving horniness.
Hey, what you do in your family is your business, but me and my bros don't get down like that!!
Queue the banjos!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Cap wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:01 am
Cap wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Huh?
I have heard this theory many times and it’s true in many cases. I propose everyone who rapes isn’t doing it for the exact same reasons as everyone else.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sorry Mori, Mario is back with his siren emoji.

This seems like big news about a former Israel PM Ehud Barak is indicted here, but what do you guys think?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just don't know why you consider some guy on Twitter to be a reliable news source.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's Mario Nawfal, he's not necessarily breaking stories, but reporting what's been reported. Go ahead and fact check his work yourself. He'll be right, I'm pretty sure. He's not some right wing nut bag, like you may think. He leans left.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I looked him up. Some guy on Twitter that Musk is a fan of that is involved in all kinds of different things like crypto and he owes a lot of people money that they can’t get from him because he lives in Dubai.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ ... -rcna92132

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:31 am
I looked him up. Some guy on Twitter that Musk is a fan of that is involved in all kinds of different things like crypto and he owes a lot of people money that they can’t get from him because he lives in Dubai.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ ... -rcna92132
Oh, you found a hit piece? Shocking.