Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

More about H5N1 bird flu.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:39 am
More about H5N1 bird flu.

What are your thoughts, Mori.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't want to panic about it. From the bit I've read, it sounds like it is already pretty widespread in dairy cattle, and therefore it's probably interacted a bunch with humans already. And we don't seem to be getting infected with it. So maybe we'll be okay? I worry that maybe it'll mutate and become able to infect us, but who knows how harmful it would be? I guess the fear is, it's been able to become so widespread and the dairy / livestock industries don't seem to be doing much to try to stop that. So if it ever became dangerous, we can't really rely on these industries to protect us and limit the spread of a pathogen in their products.

Not scared about it yet, but keeping an eye for further developments.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Dairy worker with bird flu never developed respiratory symptoms, only pinkeye
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna150433

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's so sad the state of the world where people have to put these out.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass