Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
ShelC

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ShelC »

He was a big time player for the Bullets and Heat back in the day.

Cap

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:56 am
And a criminal mastermind.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:00 am
ShelC wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:56 am
And a criminal mastermind.
Not a friend of Apple.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

TEHRAN, Iran — The false belief that toxic methanol cures the coronavirus has seen over 700 people killed in Iran, an official said Monday.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -700-iran/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Attempting to call someone at the AZ Department Of Economy Security.

Welcome to the Arizona unemployment insurance call center. (Spanish version) If you were Claimant press two two. (Spanish version). To continue in English press one. Please stop and listen carefully to the following two options. If you have not yet filed a claim for unemployment press one. If you’ve already filed a claim for unemployment press two. To reset your four digit pin press one. For information on your existing claim press two. For frequently asked questions press three. For all other questions press 4. You may listen to payment and claimant information on any day of the week over the phone. If you need to speak to a representative, calls excepted Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM, excluding holidays. You will be required to enter your Social Security number if you would like to continue please press one to enter your Social Security number. Enter your nine digit Social Security number. You have entered _________. If this is correct press one. Please wait why we retrieve your claim information. Please enter your four digit personal identification number. Thank you. Your pin number has been verified. For payment information press one. For the amount of unemployment benefits Paid during press two. For all other inquiries or if your pin has been lost you must speak with a representative. Press five. You have reached the Arizona unemployment insurance call center. Due to the coved-19 pandemic, we are experiencing overwhelming call volume. At this moment our call cues are full and we cannot take your call. Please listen carefully to the following options. If you are unemployed and have not yet submitted an application for benefits, press one. If you have already applied for benefits, press two. We urge you to use the unemployment website to check your claim status or find answers to your questions. Please go to www.azui.com. Again go to www.azui.com. Thank you. Thank you for your call. Your feedback is very important to us. Please complete the short survey to let us know how the customer service was ......

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That’s horrible. Have you ever gotten through or made any progress?
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If only the millionaires and billionaires receiving that first round of the stimulus money had to go thru that unemployment process to get theirs. Then there might be changes to the system. It's really disgusting how the support systems have failed most Americans when they need them most.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:30 am
If only the millionaires and billionaires receiving that first round of the stimulus money had to go thru that unemployment process to get theirs. Then there might be changes to the system. It's really disgusting how the support systems have failed most Americans when they need them most.
Most states have designed it that way. I know Florida specifically found ways to make the process less efficient to dissuade people from following through, and also to delay the first checks for those that stick to it. By delaying even 3-4 weeks saves so much money. It is disgusting.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

I got my stimulus check ~2 weeks ago, and was surprised at how quickly it came. I read articles that outlined the payment timings, and that someone of my income level should expect it in late August while they process those with a lower income first. I remember being pleasantly surprised, and chuckled that I didn't really need it at the time (jinxed myself since I got laid off a week later). Maybe because I had already filed my 2019 taxes and they had my direct deposit information on hand already? I feel bad for those who are living paycheck to paycheck and almost out of money and still haven't gotten their stimulus money. Also, there has to be another round coming, right? For most people who REALLY need it, a one time payment is going to cover, what, maybe a month or two of bills at best?

My friend who got a 12 week furlough said it took him 2 weeks to get unemployment approval. I applied for mine on Monday, let's see how long it takes.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

BigLewy wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:24 pm
I got my stimulus check ~2 weeks ago, and was surprised at how quickly it came. I read articles that outlined the payment timings, and that someone of my income level should expect it in late August while they process those with a lower income first. I remember being pleasantly surprised, and chuckled that I didn't really need it at the time (jinxed myself since I got laid off a week later). Maybe because I had already filed my 2019 taxes and they had my direct deposit information on hand already? I feel bad for those who are living paycheck to paycheck and almost out of money and still haven't gotten their stimulus money. Also, there has to be another round coming, right? For most people who REALLY need it, a one time payment is going to cover, what, maybe a month or two of bills at best?

My friend who got a 12 week furlough said it took him 2 weeks to get unemployment approval. I applied for mine on Monday, let's see how long it takes.

*Conspiracy warning* but in the age of big data profiling Big Lewy is a swing voter and 'Dack a never Trumper ... you do the math :)

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

But not a great situation Nodack .. good luck getting through it.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

3rdside wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:01 am
BigLewy wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:24 pm

*Conspiracy warning* but in the age of big data profiling Big Lewy is a swing voter and 'Dack a never Trumper ... you do the math :)
Ha, that's exactly it, pay me early and maybe I'll vote your way! Really want to earn my vote, send me another check :)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:58 am
I am not sure, maybe. I reapplied and got all the same paperwork again. I am not sure if I needed to. Someone said if you don’t file your weekly claims on time you have to start over. I couldn’t file my weekly claim because it asked my for my six digit password and I was only given a four digit password that allows me into the site.

One of the many pieces of paper I was sent told me I made zero money in 2019 therefore I did not qualify. I did work all of 2019 but, being self employed they find out about my 2019 wages when I file taxes, which have have been delayed until June. On the back it said you of you want to dispute the numbers you need to download another document and provide proof of your wages. I downloaded it and was reading it. At the bottom it had a space for official use only where they check off the results. One of their reasons to deny my claim is if I am self employed/Independent contractor. Then I was like “Why am I bothering with this?”

They also sent another new piece of information talking about the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation program. They talk about a $600 weekly for eligible individuals.

Also, last night I was in their site and tried to make a weekly claim and this time my 4 digit password worked and I was able to at least make the weekly claim for the first time. I believe you can only get paid for the weeks you make claims so, the first six weeks of unemployment are a loss for sure. To check on other things it still required a six digit pin I don’t have but, baby steps I guess.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:49 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:58 am
I am not sure, maybe. I reapplied and got all the same paperwork again. I am not sure if I needed to. Someone said if you don’t file your weekly claims on time you have to start over. I couldn’t file my weekly claim because it asked my for my six digit password and I was only given a four digit password that allows me into the site.

One of the many pieces of paper I was sent told me I made zero money in 2019 therefore I did not qualify. I did work all of 2019 but, being self employed they find out about my 2019 wages when I file taxes, which have have been delayed until June. On the back it said you of you want to dispute the numbers you need to download another document and provide proof of your wages. I downloaded it and was reading it. At the bottom it had a space for official use only where they check off the results. One of their reasons to deny my claim is if I am self employed/Independent contractor. Then I was like “Why am I bothering with this?”

They also sent another new piece of information talking about the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation program. They talk about a $600 weekly for eligible individuals.

Also, last night I was in their site and tried to make a weekly claim and this time my 4 digit password worked and I was able to at least make the weekly claim for the first time. I believe you can only get paid for the weeks you make claims so, the first six weeks of unemployment are a loss for sure. To check on other things it still required a six digit pin I don’t have but, baby steps I guess.
Ugh! I hope you get something soon!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We weren’t living paycheck to paycheck like many and my wife has been working still so, we are doing ok. I have been so busy getting my parents moved and their new house in shape that it sure feels like I have been working.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

By a long way the most informative article I've read on this.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... onavirus1/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:15 pm
We weren’t living paycheck to paycheck like many and my wife has been working still so, we are doing ok. I have been so busy getting my parents moved and their new house in shape that it sure feels like I have been working.
So glad to hear it! Your parents owe you! :)
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I owed them from my childhood.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

China’s response to the US blaming them

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/4/3 ... c-response

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

I agree the USA is finished if Trump gets back in ... SC goes 6-3 or 7-2, science / education gets de-prioritised, corruption shoots up etc, and the whole world is then at the quasi-mercy of a rogue state .. these are dangerous times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/11/opin ... trump.html