Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
ShelC

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ShelC »

Here's the sequel where she's arrested at her house. I think her husband called the police on her? Seems she's been smoking some of that QAnon...these people need help.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What a nut job! I'm glad Robert Patrick took her in.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The cop, “I think we have seen enough”.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Imagine being so out of touch with reality that you're mad at cloth face coverings.

Also, her "White woman with a 40 thousand dollar Rolex" comment is just...yikes.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Fuck all these motherfuckers. Toilet bowl of society.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:48 pm
Been thinking about you, ss, as the hospitals are exceeding capacity in AZ. Funny we haven’t seen Jeremy around lately.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:29 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:48 pm
Been thinking about you, ss, as the hospitals are exceeding capacity in AZ. Funny we haven’t seen Jeremy around lately.
Thanks man. I’m drowning. Keep your fam close

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I haven't been posting the daily stats lately, but they're still bad. +58k new cases yesterday, and +1000 deaths. The deaths are especially concerning.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have been avoiding the news lately. I just don’t even want to see it. So tired of the BS.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

AZ leading the nation with 1 in 4 tests coming back positive. Go AZ!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AZ leading the world in per capita cases. Like, if AZ were its own country, nobody would be even close to the daily rate of infections we are getting. Nobody. But let's start up in-classroom education in 4 weeks. I am sure it will all blow over by then...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The ignorance, apathy, corruption, and malfeasance of elected Republicans is literally killing their constituents. And they don't care about it at all, except insofar as it affects their ability to get re-elected. The entire party needs to be voted out and razed from the earth.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/08/88889819 ... YwZQx10wtY

On average, public schools receive less than 10% of their funding from the U.S. government. That money is largely devoted to helping schools serve low-income students and children with disabilities — in short, the nation's most vulnerable students.. Donald Trump is threatening to cut that little bit of funding that we do provide if we don't start sending kids back to school in the fall immediately and scrap the CDC guidelines for safety, when school does resume, because he claims it is too tough and expensive. This makes me appalled. He's going to CUT FUNDING to low-income students and children with disabilities if there are CDC recommended safety measures put in school to protect the health of children and their families. WOW.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's the hand he always plays - he's the "boss", the CEO and controls funding, so play by his rules and do what he says or get cut out. It's how he negotiates. Start from that impossible position and work from there. He's probably won't do it, but instead is making it an issue to divide people more because now you're either for opening schools or not. He's making it a political issue to rile up both sides rather than come up with plan to ensure students' and teachers' safety in the fall.

Indy

Post by Indy »

CDC has already said they will revise their guidelines. so awful

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What is the defense for behavior like this? It is needlessly cruel. It fits the Republican branding of being anti-education and anti-science.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Quid Pro Quo

Open up your schools and I’ll give you your money.

Announce an investigation into Biden and I’ll give you your money.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Fauci says he hasn't briefed Trump on COVID-19 in 2 months
https://theweek.com/speedreads/924772/f ... 9-2-months

Fauci said that it's been at least two months since he briefed Trump, though he's "sure" his messages are being relayed to the president. If that's the case, "Trump is evidently not listening,"

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea but his base is all "Fire Fauci" because Trump is infallible.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:04 am
Yea but his base is all "Fire Fauci" because Trump is infallible.
How much cognitive dissonance do you need take the word of:

* A repeatedly failed businessman
over
* An immunologist that has been working in public health for almost 40 years and has developed therapies for numerous fatal diseases

It has to approach infinity.