Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cap wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:04 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:18 pm
Therefore, he neglected to inform people about COVID for the sake of his own re-election, which is outright treasonous to the American people whom he is supposed to be serving.
Treason is defined as helping an enemy, so it’s only treason if you buy the idea that this was an attack by China, and hold Trump accountable for helping them do it.

Downplaying a natural disaster and discouraging people and states from life-saving precautions is disgusting, but it’s not treason.
Fair enough.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump officials interfered with CDC reports on Covid-19
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/1 ... -19-412809
The health department’s politically appointed communications aides have demanded the right to review and seek changes to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s weekly scientific reports charting the progress of the coronavirus pandemic, in what officials characterized as an attempt to intimidate the reports’ authors and water down their communications to health professionals.

In some cases, emails from communications aides to CDC Director Robert Redfield and other senior officials openly complained that the agency’s reports would undermine President Donald Trump's optimistic messages about the outbreak, according to emails reviewed by POLITICO and three people familiar with the situation.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Face masks don't restrict oxygen or contribute to carbon dioxide buildup: study
https://www.foxnews.com/health/face-mas ... -breathing
The study, on the “Effect of Face Masks on Gas Exchange in Healthy Persons and Patients with COPD,” which was published in the Annals of the American Thoracic Society on Friday, was conducted after a group of Florida residents challenged Florida’s mask-wearing mandate in June, arguing that wearing the protective face coverings could result in the buildup of too much carbon dioxide.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

At the very least this might make someone who hasn't taken this seriously take it seriously and maybe that convinces others to start taking it seriously.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:45 am
At the very least this might make someone who hasn't taken this seriously take it seriously and maybe that convinces others to start taking it seriously.
My hope is that less people will die because of this exact reason.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:49 am
Nodack wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:45 am
My hope is that less people will die because of this exact reason.
I’m guessing it’s going to have little effect.

The “it’s all a hoax” nuts are impervious to information and will just keep doing what they’ve always done.

Most Trumpers, however, fall into the “It’s completely overblown, it’s basically like the flu” camp, and this development won’t shake that belief at all (unless Trump gets a really bad case, but don’t count that chicken yet).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I hope it mucks up supreme court rush job.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:01 pm
I hope it mucks up supreme court rush job.
It won’t.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Three GOP senators now have COVID. If the Dems refuse to show up, they won't have a Senate quorum and therefore cannot proceed with hearings. I think this COVID outbreak may just barely stall things enough to help Dems block the Amy Coney Barrett SCOTUS appointment until after the election. Here's hoping.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Deep state conspiracy if you ask me. They probably threatened Hope with prison, she cut a deal to give Trump the virus so screw up his campaign and the SCOTUS nomination. She's a double agent now for the Dems.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My mother today said the Chinese and the Dems are working together and have planes flying over spraying Covid and that’s how Trump caught it. She says they are trying to kill everyone and after that we will all be in bread lines.
Last edited by Nodack on Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

If it's garlic bread, sign me the hell up!!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:53 am
My mother today said the Chinese and the Dems are working together and have planes flying over spraying Covid and that’s how Trump caught it. She says they are trying to kill everyone and after that we will all be in bread lines.
And she has no dementia? Where does she hear such things? Surely, not of Fox? (And don't call me Shirley!)
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That sounds like Facebook and chain-email stuff to me. The internet has been rough on boomers.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

She always has FOX on the tv and their internet site in between reading the pile of Republican anti Democrat propaganda she receives every day.

The last one I saw “Democrats won’t stop until Sharia law is imposed!”

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In my entire lifetime I have yet to meet a single American Democrat or Republican that is in favor of Sharia law.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:08 pm
In my entire lifetime I have yet to meet a single American Democrat or Republican that is in favor of Sharia law.
That's what somebody in favor of Sharia Law would say! :shock:
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.