Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

Ivermectin Didn’t Reduce Covid-19 Hospitalizations in Largest Trial to Date
Patients who got the antiparasitic drug didn’t fare better than those who received a placebo
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ivermectin ... 1647601200

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:21 am
Ivermectin Didn’t Reduce Covid-19 Hospitalizations in Largest Trial to Date
Patients who got the antiparasitic drug didn’t fare better than those who received a placebo
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ivermectin ... 1647601200
Do the COVID nutballs still think Ivermectin works? Is that still, like, a thing? Or did they all quietly go away after study after study has not shown it to help at all?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My wive’s friend stayed with us a couple of days and was totally sold on Ivermectin being the Covid cure.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:40 am
My wive’s friend stayed with us a couple of days and was totally sold on Ivermectin being the Covid cure.
*shrug*

My in-laws have talked a bit about ivermectin. They think the media is covering up what a great treatment it is for COVID. No real answer for why there has been no success at demonstrating this in any measurable or scientific way, but they probably think all the scientists and doctors are in on the conspiracy or something.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

To them is was successful. They caught Covid, took Ivermectin and they didn’t die, therefore it cured them. I caught Covid, took nothing and didn’t die either.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

South Korea is seeing a big COVID surge now that they've relaxed a bunch of their restrictions. And that's in a country that has a high vaccination rate. This disease is still out there, and it's still making a lot of people get sick and die.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The infection numbers are really quite wild over here lately. Up until a couple of months ago, new daily infections were in the hundreds for the whole country and they've been in the hundreds of thousands since. Basically everyone I know who's been infected here has caught it in the last month, including myself. Thankfully no one I know has had serious health issues. I barely felt anything and actually only suspect that I had it because some people I was hanging around tested positive at the same time I had some light but very common symptoms (sore throat, cough) for 3-4 days. All of this has happened while maintaining similar restrictions on gatherings and face coverings that have been in place for the past two years.

Most people here are fed up with it and have essentially accepted that they'll be infected at some point, but they still follow some pretty ridiculous measures such as wearing face masks in uncrowded outdoor spaces. Culture (not just Korean) can be weird like that. The most comical part of it is how much people are yearning for the easing of restrictions as the infection numbers sky rocket. A year ago, 500 new infections in a single day in a country of 50 million people felt like a national emergency to a lot of people. Now I'll get an alert on my phone of 20,000+ new infections on a Friday in my area and everyone I'm with will just groan about having to end our night at 11pm due to the current restriction level.

My uneducated guess leads me to believe that the high infection numbers are actually a good thing now and indicative of safe practices implemented throughout the pandemic. COVID isn't going away and there will always be more variants, so the Korean government wouldn't have ever been able to permanently keep it out. Almost everyone is vaccinated, so there isn't a looming threat of overloading the healthcare system anymore.

It's really quite ironic how it's blown up when viewed through the lens of Korean popular culture. Trends are massively influential here and they seemingly come and go overnight, so it kind of makes sense that Korea would have their COVID wave in the same manner as they would fashion or street food. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

BA.2 subvariant of Omicron is taking over. Luckily it doesn't seem to be much worse than Omicron, and the antibodies made from an Omicron infection and/or the protection offered by the vax still seem to largely stop it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ivermectin does not work.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

No!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Is any of this really surprising to you?
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

No. I just want receipts for the few folks in here who still think that there's some global conspiracy to avoid studying the wonder drug ivermectin.

Indy

Post by Indy »

All of this time wasted to prove what all of the virologists already knew but fools wouldn't listen--anti-parasitic drugs are not helpful against viruses. So instead of spending these valuable resources on something beneficial or studying true questions we didn't already know the answer to, we do this to placate idiocy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I heard eating live cockroaches makes you immune to Covid, but you have to eat at least ten a day…

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:23 pm
I heard eating live cockroaches makes you immune to Covid, but you have to eat at least ten a day…
Better than getting stuck in the arm with that tracking device that alters your DNA and isn't as effective as going to church and letting God infect me in a maskless sermon. Nothing like natural immunity.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:05 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:23 pm
Better than getting stuck in the arm with that tracking device that alters your DNA and isn't as effective as going to church and letting God infect me in a maskless sermon. Nothing like natural immunity.
If you've got a friend and a funnel, I hear bleach up your butt works wonders.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:59 pm
If you've got a friend and a funnel, I hear bleach up your butt works wonders.
New site motto?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I continue to worry that we may have another surge.