Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

More GOP clowning about COVID.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

An analysis on COVID, vaccines, and political partisanship:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I hate those long statistical analyses. The moral of this story was that if you got the vaccine you were much less likely to die from Covid.

Cap

Post by Cap »

You know, ’Dack, your av looks like Kobe’s trying to summon Book somewhere before his time.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Cap wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:13 am
You know, ’Dack, your av looks like Kobe’s trying to summon Book somewhere before his time.
Ooof…. When you put it like that. 😳😲😵

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Cap wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:13 am
Kobe was Bookers idol. I seem to recall a picture of Kobe laying on the court just like Booker after a contested fall away. Booker has become the new Kobe. I think of it as Kobe from heaven offering Booker a hand up out of respect. It almost makes me cry.

Cap

Post by Cap »

“Come on, Book, let’s go hoop in Heaven!”

“But I’m not done here yet.”

“Forget it, man. Heaven’s better. Trust me.”

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Cap wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:23 pm

I'm kinda neutral about the whole heaven/hell afterlife thing, but if there is such a place, do you think Kobe Bryant's there?

I have my doubts.

TOO

Post by TOO »

BKinSJC wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:59 pm
Cap wrote:

I'm kinda neutral about the whole heaven/hell afterlife thing, but if there is such a place, do you think Kobe Bryant's there?

I have my doubts.
Apparently all you do is ask for forgiveness and you're good to go. Rape schmape.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think you have to sort of pledge your loyalty to Trump, I mean Jesus first before you are forgiven.

Cap

Post by Cap »

BKinSJC wrote:
Cap wrote:

I have my doubts.
The horror film twist: he really went the other way and he’s trying to trick Book into damnation.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

BKinSJC wrote:

I have my doubts.
Kobe did a horrible thing. I guess the way I think of any sort of heaven or afterlife is that if it exists, the good part of people goes there. So there's a version of Kobe there who learned from what he did wrong and is a good and perfect soul there. There's good in any person, even people who committed crimes or atrocities. Hopefully the good version of each of us can all hang out there together.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

So he'll definitely be wearing jersey number 24, not number eight😜

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:51 am
BKinSJC wrote:

I have my doubts.
Kobe did a horrible thing. I guess the way I think of any sort of heaven or afterlife is that if it exists, the good part of people goes there. So there's a version of Kobe there who learned from what he did wrong and is a good and perfect soul there. There's good in any person, even people who committed crimes or atrocities. Hopefully the good version of each of us can all hang out there together.
That’s the way it should be, right? We’re talking about eternity. However much of a shitheel you may have been on Earth seems inconsequential by comparison. At least that’s finite.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am I guess agnostic. I don’t rule out anything except that I don’t believe in religion. I believe that is man made.

Good people and bad people? God is perfect. He made the universe and everything in it. He made people. Some of those people turn into axe murderers. If humans were a product there would have been a recall a long time ago. Why would an infinitely powerful god make humans that want to kill other humans? Throughout history there have been a lot of bad people doing bad things to good people. Millions have died of disease, plague, famine, flood, war, murder and infinity powerful god just ignores it all.

I live my life under the impression that this is the one life I have. I don’t ask god for forgiveness for anything. I ask the people I have wronged for forgiveness. When I am gone I am gone. I won’t care because I won’t exist any more. If there is an afterlife. I will be surprised and hope they give me a harp with new strings. Maybe I could make it into the heavenly symphony. 😎

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The unvaccinated are endangering children's lives.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Heh. I just got the latest Covid booster shot today. Forgot all about it until I remembered last night as I finally succumbed to Covid at the end of last September and had to wait a couple months.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This guy is still out there spreading BS about vaccines. Sad. He'll be gone from the presidential campaign soon at least.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:31 pm
This guy is still out there spreading BS about vaccines. Sad. He'll be gone from the presidential campaign soon at least.

This guy is an absolute low life.

I’ll be honest though, I haven’t gotten a covid booster since the original booster.

Don’t see the point any more. Doesn’t prevent catching it or spreading it, and unless you’re elderly with multiple comorbidities- I haven’t seen a severe case in a few years. Sure, seen some complications like strokes, MIs, blood clots- but I’m not sure the vaccine prevents those because it doesn’t seem to prevent anyone from catching it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

All I know is I’ve gotten all the boosters and didn’t get Covid until just as I was due for my next booster last year (after returning from an international flight). I literally got the email about the booster the day after I tested positive for the first time. I’ll continue to get it just like I get a flu shot every year. I’ve also only had the flu once since I’ve been getting a flu shot every year for the last 15 years.

The other thing is I had no reaction to the booster for the first time which was nice.
"Be Legendary."