Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:40 pm
Its not just MPJ and his platform (Snapchat) tho. It's when it makes the rounds on Twitter by accounts with hundreds of thousands or even millions of followers that could eclipse the 80mil of Trump. And more than likely, those following NBA/sports/player accounts aren't the same demo as those following Trump. And that's not even mentioning it being talked about on TV/Radio. It's getting thru to the younger, more impressionable generation and filling their heads with misinformation/fake news.
those are all fair points. I guess I am just feeling like half the world is full of bullshit in their heads, yet still convinced of things that are demonstrably false (world is flat, vaccines don't work, masks don't help).

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'll never understand the logic behind the "whole world is being controlled" point. It's like, no shit, people have been controlling each other since people existed, and I'm sure MPJ and his ilk are surely enjoying the benefits of living in a modern "controlled" society.

Don't want to be controlled? Go live on a mountain in the Himalayas, ya moron.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I feel like I’m drowning. The world is swimming in conspiracy theories.

Sex with demons and witches in your dreams causes female problems. A vaccine designed to take your religion away.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:01 pm
I feel like I’m drowning. The world is swimming in conspiracy theories.

Sex with demons and witches in your dreams causes female problems. A vaccine designed to take your religion away.
This is the person Trump chooses to retweet. Let that sink in.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Herman Cain just died from Covid. He checked into the Hospital less than two weeks after attending Trumps MAGA rally. Coincidence?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

"Ya know it's a terrible tragedy but I heard he was sick way before Tulsa. He really wasn't doing that well and I told him not to come but he wanted to be there anyway. To be honest, I hardly even knew the guy but ya know, he'll be missed. He fought 'til the end."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:07 pm
Herman Cain just died from Covid. He checked into the Hospital less than two weeks after attending Trumps MAGA rally. Coincidence?
He refused to wear a mask there, and like all of them, had to sign a waiver of culpability for the campaign...

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:53 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:07 pm
He refused to wear a mask there, and like all of them, had to sign a waiver of culpability for the campaign...
No wonder the GOP wants liability protection for companies in the next coronavirus bill so workers can't sue if they get sick going back to work.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

'Archbishop' of Florida church selling bleach 'miracle cure' arrested with son
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rested-son

In April, the Guardian revealed that Grenon had written to Donald Trump in the White House encouraging the US president to embrace the product in his efforts to contain coronavirus. The letter claimed MMS “can rid the body of Covid-19”.

A few days later, Trump went on national TV in his daily coronavirus briefing from the White House and raised the idea of injecting disinfectant into the body to fight Covid-19.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Delta bans Navy SEAL who shot bin Laden
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ot-osama-/
Former Team Six member Robert J. O’Neill wrote Thursday on Twitter that he had been banned for posting a since-deleted photo Wednesday of himself on a Delta flight without a “dumb ass” mask, saying he wasn’t wearing one because “I’m not a p—y.”
That caused Delta to ban him, he said.

Glad he killed Bin Laden.

Glad he was banned too.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:38 pm
Former Team Six member Robert J. O’Neill wrote Thursday on Twitter that he had been banned for posting a since-deleted photo Wednesday of himself on a Delta flight without a “dumb ass” mask, saying he wasn’t wearing one because “I’m not a p—y.”

Glad he was banned too.
Is it clear he killed him? I know he says so. But the military has a rule about not talking publicly about those things, so I am not sure others would contradict him. I mean, I know he was there. But it seems unlikely only one SEAL shot him.

Also, yeah, glad he got banned for putting all of those passengers and crew at risk for a fucking selfie. What a hero he is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thank him for his service, especially if he went into combat. But the airlines require masks. By not wearing one, he puts everyone on the plane in danger. Gloating about risking others' public health is unacceptable. Glad he is banned.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t know for sure he was the one that actually pulled the trigger killing Bin Laden. I guess it doesn’t matter to me. To me the military got Bin Laden. They didn’t just drop this guy in by himself.

The point was that calling everyone else puzzies for doing what is mandated to save lives seems like a dick thing to do no matter how famous you are.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:

Glad he was banned too.
Some mental health issues there, rather that or he’s just a shit head

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

By the way, here are the latest COVID-19 numbers from worldometers.info:

5,779,979 total US cases
178,113 total US deaths

+45,341 new US cases yesterday (Thu Aug 20)
+1,090 new US deaths yesterday

We're losing over 1000 people every weekday from this disease; it ends up being roughly two 9/11s per week worth of casualties. That's just staggering.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:50 pm

5,779,979 total US cases
178,113 total US deaths

We're losing over 1000 people every weekday from this disease; it ends up being roughly two 9/11s per week worth of casualties. That's just staggering.
It is just a flu. get back to work!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:09 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:50 pm

5,779,979 total US cases
178,113 total US deaths

It is just a flu. get back to work!
Speaking of which, what happened to Jeremy?
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Korea has seen a spike of roughly 1,800 new cases in since 8/14 with around 60% of them being connected to various Christian congregations.

Based on the things I've read, this latest outbreak is the 'GH' strain, which is said to be more infectious but less deadly.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:01 pm
Nodack wrote:

Glad he was banned too.
Some mental health issues there, rather that or he’s just a shit head
Me thinks a lot of those super-Alpha guys have several shit head tendencies.

But hey, they willingly engage in gunfights to protect America's profits, so support our troops and all that.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

There was also an outbreak involving 58 people at a single Starbucks here recently. Everyone infected was a customer. Not a single employee was infected because they were wearing masks the whole time. Weird how that works.