Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 22102
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

All of the ignorance and misinformation and stubbornness about COVID and vaccines cost thousands of lives. Completely unnecessary. And we still have candidates like RFK Jr running on an explicitly anti-vaccine, COVID-misinfo platform.

Online
User avatar
Kryptonic
Posts: 2808
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:08 pm
Location: Florence, AZ

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:53 am
All of the ignorance and misinformation and stubbornness about COVID and vaccines cost thousands of lives. Completely unnecessary. And we still have candidates like RFK Jr running on an explicitly anti-vaccine, COVID-misinfo platform.
Granted it’s sad how many people believe this nonsense, I don’t think it’s ever going to be big enough to over take our country, but never the less it’s frustrating.

We need politicians that know how to bring people together instead of always trying to divide us.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 9198
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

It’s easier to sell a big bad evil government that is trying to kill everybody because it makes so much sense.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 22102
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

Remember COVID? Yeah, cases are back up again. Fun times.


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 22102
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

CDC recommends everyone get the latest COVID booster.


User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 34692
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: San Diego, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Superbone »

I was wondering. It’s been nearly a year since my last booster. Still one of the lucky ones that has avoided Covid thus far. (As far as I know.)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 22102
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

This is incorrect and sad. This kind of misinformation is why Republicans statistically are more likely to die from COVID.


User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 9198
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

Of course.

Republicans' excess death rate spiked after COVID-19 vaccines arrived, a study says
https://www.npr.org/2023/07/25/11899392 ... -gap-study
"the excess death rate among Republican voters was 43% higher than the excess death rate among Democratic voters" after vaccine eligibility was opened.

Online
User avatar
Kryptonic
Posts: 2808
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:08 pm
Location: Florence, AZ

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Kryptonic »

It's sad... The amount of misinformation out there is ridiculous and they're only hurting themselves.

I've been vaccinated, boosted and guess what? I've never had covid.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 9198
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

I’ve been vaccinated and boosted and had Covid twice. First time I wouldn’t have known I had it if I didn’t get tested. The second time was like a mellow cold.

My brother who refused to get a shot got Covid and almost died. He spent six months on oxygen afterwards. He even refused the cocktail they wanted to give him after he went to the hospital and went home. Then it got so bad he returned, got the cocktail and survived.

Online
User avatar
Kryptonic
Posts: 2808
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:08 pm
Location: Florence, AZ

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am
I’ve been vaccinated and boosted and had Covid twice. First time I wouldn’t have known I had it if I didn’t get tested. The second time was like a mellow cold.
The vaccine is supposed to make the symptoms less severe if you've been vaccinated from what my doctor said. Imagine you probably would have been worse off without it. Glad it wasn't harsh on you.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 9198
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

It was an easy call for me. Listen to the experts or listen to Maga. No brained for me.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 34692
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: San Diego, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am
I’ve been vaccinated and boosted and had Covid twice. First time I wouldn’t have known I had it if I didn’t get tested. The second time was like a mellow cold.

My brother who refused to get a shot got Covid and almost died. He spent six months on oxygen afterwards. He even refused the cocktail they wanted to give him after he went to the hospital and went home. Then it got so bad he returned, got the cocktail and survived.
Does he still not believe in the vaccine?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 8857
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:29 am
Of course.

Republicans' excess death rate spiked after COVID-19 vaccines arrived, a study says
https://www.npr.org/2023/07/25/11899392 ... -gap-study
"the excess death rate among Republican voters was 43% higher than the excess death rate among Democratic voters" after vaccine eligibility was opened.
And yet, they largely live in areas where it should be less problematic.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 9198
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:29 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am
I’ve been vaccinated and boosted and had Covid twice. First time I wouldn’t have known I had it if I didn’t get tested. The second time was like a mellow cold.

My brother who refused to get a shot got Covid and almost died. He spent six months on oxygen afterwards. He even refused the cocktail they wanted to give him after he went to the hospital and went home. Then it got so bad he returned, got the cocktail and survived.
Does he still not believe in the vaccine?
Not one bit.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 34692
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: San Diego, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:42 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:29 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am
I’ve been vaccinated and boosted and had Covid twice. First time I wouldn’t have known I had it if I didn’t get tested. The second time was like a mellow cold.

My brother who refused to get a shot got Covid and almost died. He spent six months on oxygen afterwards. He even refused the cocktail they wanted to give him after he went to the hospital and went home. Then it got so bad he returned, got the cocktail and survived.
Does he still not believe in the vaccine?
Not one bit.
Wow. I don't get it. I guess brainwashing is the only way to explain it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Online
User avatar
Kryptonic
Posts: 2808
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:08 pm
Location: Florence, AZ

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:37 am
Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:42 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:29 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am
I’ve been vaccinated and boosted and had Covid twice. First time I wouldn’t have known I had it if I didn’t get tested. The second time was like a mellow cold.

My brother who refused to get a shot got Covid and almost died. He spent six months on oxygen afterwards. He even refused the cocktail they wanted to give him after he went to the hospital and went home. Then it got so bad he returned, got the cocktail and survived.
Does he still not believe in the vaccine?
Not one bit.
Wow. I don't get it. I guess brainwashing is the only way to explain it.
Guessing he’s never tried changing the dial…. Most say they do but they just go from newsmax to fox… both feeding the same drip fed bs.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 22102
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

This seems like promising news.


User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 34692
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: San Diego, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:03 am
This seems like promising news.

Yes, sounds very promising.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 9198
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:23 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:37 am
Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:42 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:29 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am
I’ve been vaccinated and boosted and had Covid twice. First time I wouldn’t have known I had it if I didn’t get tested. The second time was like a mellow cold.

My brother who refused to get a shot got Covid and almost died. He spent six months on oxygen afterwards. He even refused the cocktail they wanted to give him after he went to the hospital and went home. Then it got so bad he returned, got the cocktail and survived.
Does he still not believe in the vaccine?
Not one bit.
Wow. I don't get it. I guess brainwashing is the only way to explain it.
Guessing he’s never tried changing the dial…. Most say they do but they just go from newsmax to fox… both feeding the same drip fed bs.
I don’t think he watches or reads any news. He gets his info from other like minded people.

Post Reply