Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5472
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by specialsauce »

Ah yes and now we have an editorial written by the lead character from Fight Club.

You are just top notch entertainment. It’s like you have an ongoing stand up comedy skit. Your posts get more hilarious by the minute

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 8318
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by In2ition »

It was just posting the open letter from Professor Ehud Qimron, head of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Tel Aviv University and one of the leading Israeli immunologists. Let me guess, this is where you will attempt to discredit his experience, knowledge, credentials, etc, right? And if that wasn't going to work, you just discredit it as characterizing it as an editorial, because it was posted by a person with the same name as Ed Norton's character? That's your in to ridicule what I post and another attempt to insult me? Come on, Doc. You're better than that. Good thing it wasn't posted by Kelly Oubre...sheesh.
Let's Go Brandon! .
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

On N95 masks: they're much more effective than others. Buy some if you don't already have them.


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:19 pm
Ah yes and now we have an editorial written by the lead character from Fight Club.

You are just top notch entertainment. It’s like you have an ongoing stand up comedy skit. Your posts get more hilarious by the minute
LOL @ In2 posting articles from Zerohedge. Can you imagine thinking the "media" is full of crap but then reading sites like that and taking their word as fact? It's sad.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 8318
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:44 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:19 pm
Ah yes and now we have an editorial written by the lead character from Fight Club.

You are just top notch entertainment. It’s like you have an ongoing stand up comedy skit. Your posts get more hilarious by the minute
LOL @ In2 posting articles from Zerohedge. Can you imagine thinking the "media" is full of crap but then reading sites like that and taking their word as fact? It's sad.
Are these better?
https://swprs.org/professor-ehud-qimron ... t-failure/
https://www.mako.co.il/news-columns/202 ... e71026.htm
Let's Go Brandon! .
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 15215
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:15 pm
Can you be any more heartless, Canada?
This might be your worst take ever.

People staying there are already in an extremely bad situation (I know first hand). Many are immunocompromised. Why in hell would you let someone share a house with you if they aren't vaccinated and your kid is immunocompromised?

And it doesn't say it is going to kick them out on the street. They are going to find another place for them to stay that isn't full of immunocompromised kids.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 15215
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:04 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:44 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:19 pm
Ah yes and now we have an editorial written by the lead character from Fight Club.

You are just top notch entertainment. It’s like you have an ongoing stand up comedy skit. Your posts get more hilarious by the minute
LOL @ In2 posting articles from Zerohedge. Can you imagine thinking the "media" is full of crap but then reading sites like that and taking their word as fact? It's sad.
Are these better?
https://swprs.org/professor-ehud-qimron ... t-failure/
https://www.mako.co.il/news-columns/202 ... e71026.htm
He literally writes "there is no medical emergency" while the hospitals in the world are overrun and at their highest capacity EVER. Surgeries are being canceled, heart patients turned away. And this guy says they are doing it for money. I can tell you from first hand knowledge that hospitals make a lot more money doing surgeries than running an ER or putting someone on a ventilator in the ICU.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 8318
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:57 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:15 pm
Can you be any more heartless, Canada?
This might be your worst take ever.

People staying there are already in an extremely bad situation (I know first hand). Many are immunocompromised. Why in hell would you let someone share a house with you if they aren't vaccinated and your kid is immunocompromised?

And it doesn't say it is going to kick them out on the street. They are going to find another place for them to stay that isn't full of immunocompromised kids.
Feels like you're making an assumption that being vaccinated will not get or pass on the virus, therefore it would only be unvaxxed that are a danger to others, correct?
Let's Go Brandon! .
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 15215
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Indy »

You are less likely to pass on a virus if you have lower viral loads. That isn't an assumption.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 8318
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:54 pm
You are less likely to pass on a virus if you have lower viral loads. That isn't an assumption.
Fair enough. We've seen studies that say that the viral load of the vaccinated is the same as the unvaccinated in peak loads, but the overall load is much less, since the vaccinated clear the virus quicker.
Let's Go Brandon! .
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5472
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:00 am
It was just posting the open letter from Professor Ehud Qimron, head of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Tel Aviv University and one of the leading Israeli immunologists. Let me guess, this is where you will attempt to discredit his experience, knowledge, credentials, etc, right? And if that wasn't going to work, you just discredit it as characterizing it as an editorial, because it was posted by a person with the same name as Ed Norton's character? That's your in to ridicule what I post and another attempt to insult me? Come on, Doc. You're better than that. Good thing it wasn't posted by Kelly Oubre...sheesh.
Don’t back track too far you’ll fall off the edge of the flat earth

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 8318
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:00 am
It was just posting the open letter from Professor Ehud Qimron, head of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Tel Aviv University and one of the leading Israeli immunologists. Let me guess, this is where you will attempt to discredit his experience, knowledge, credentials, etc, right? And if that wasn't going to work, you just discredit it as characterizing it as an editorial, because it was posted by a person with the same name as Ed Norton's character? That's your in to ridicule what I post and another attempt to insult me? Come on, Doc. You're better than that. Good thing it wasn't posted by Kelly Oubre...sheesh.
Don’t back track too far you’ll fall off the edge of the flat earth
You seriously think I backtracked? Interesting
Let's Go Brandon! .
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5472
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:03 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:00 am
It was just posting the open letter from Professor Ehud Qimron, head of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Tel Aviv University and one of the leading Israeli immunologists. Let me guess, this is where you will attempt to discredit his experience, knowledge, credentials, etc, right? And if that wasn't going to work, you just discredit it as characterizing it as an editorial, because it was posted by a person with the same name as Ed Norton's character? That's your in to ridicule what I post and another attempt to insult me? Come on, Doc. You're better than that. Good thing it wasn't posted by Kelly Oubre...sheesh.
Don’t back track too far you’ll fall off the edge of the flat earth
You seriously think I backtracked? Interesting
In typical fashion, you post diarrhea and then when called out respond with “I was just posting this to share, blah blah”

Tyler Durden is the name of the fight club character and the posters avatar is literally Brad Pitt. Can you do better than post a random professor from Israel?

Yeah, you of all people live your life by what a professor at a university in Israel recommends. Let me guess, you base your diet off a nutritionist in Dubai.

There are thousands of universities across the world. Why don’t you share what immunologists from all around the world have to say? Because you only share what pushes your just flat out wrong agenda. Go to medical school, come work in the ER or ICU, then you can have an opinion about this. Until then just listen to what we have to say and pray that you don’t need our help. Don’t worry if you do I will be happy to take care of you to the best of my ability but the blood that is on the hands of those who push this nonsense is going to leave a permanent stain.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 8318
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by In2ition »

I also posted other sources that the also had the letter. Did you read them? I'm sure you didn't, because you're stuck on Tyler Durden or Zerohedge. That's your prerogative, but that says more about you than me.

I posted it because I thought it was relevant to this thread, and it does jive a little closer to my opinion, of course.

Isn't Israel thought of as some of the leaders in medicine right now in the world? This one is thought of as a leading immunologists, but whatever.

I've never claimed to be a Dr or a medical expert. I have a great deal of respect for Drs and every beautiful person in the medical profession. But that doesn't preclude me from posting articles of those experts or commenting on here. Heck, this is a Suns forum, but how many of us have NBA experience, playing experience, scouted, have been skill trainers or coached? If we don't have those, does that automatically preclude you from posting your opinion on the Suns? Obviously it doesn't.

I'm happy that you do the best you can in your job. Hopefully I never need it, but I am not worried if I do. What ER & hospital do you work out of?

I wish you all the best of luck, and hope that all the Drs have turned the corner in the treatment of covid in particular. Take care, Sauce. I'm sure you're a lovely person in person.
Let's Go Brandon! .
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 15215
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:32 pm
but the blood that is on the hands of those who push this nonsense is going to leave a permanent stain.
it won't though, because people just don't fucking care anymore. our governor was celebrating his response to covid the other day, despite the fact that AZ has the highest mortality rate in the nation from it.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5472
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:13 pm
I also posted other sources that the also had the letter. Did you read them? I'm sure you didn't, because you're stuck on Tyler Durden or Zerohedge. That's your prerogative, but that says more about you than me.

I posted it because I thought it was relevant to this thread, and it does jive a little closer to my opinion, of course.

Isn't Israel thought of as some of the leaders in medicine right now in the world? This one is thought of as a leading immunologists, but whatever.

I've never claimed to be a Dr or a medical expert. I have a great deal of respect for Drs and every beautiful person in the medical profession. But that doesn't preclude me from posting articles of those experts or commenting on here. Heck, this is a Suns forum, but how many of us have NBA experience, playing experience, scouted, have been skill trainers or coached? If we don't have those, does that automatically preclude you from posting your opinion on the Suns? Obviously it doesn't.

I'm happy that you do the best you can in your job. Hopefully I never need it, but I am not worried if I do. What ER & hospital do you work out of?

I wish you all the best of luck, and hope that all the Drs have turned the corner in the treatment of covid in particular. Take care, Sauce. I'm sure you're a lovely person in person.
Your reasoning for posting stuff is solely because it fits your agenda and pokes the bear here. I get it, but don’t bullshit and pretend like you are only after objective evidence. You will find anything and share everything that downplays the severity of this illness and dismisses any public health measures.

This supposed “leading immunologist” of one country also says “If we had not been told that there was an epidemic in the country, you would not have known there was such an epidemic and you would not have done anything about it,"

He’s an absolute idiot. Come to any ER in the country right now and see what this has done. These patients are flocking in by the second, hypoxic, get admitted and stay admitted in the hospital for weeks sometimes. They infect healthcare workers, EVS, cafeteria workers, etc and just completely shut down operations leading to long wait times, surgeries being cancelled, waiting 5 hours for an ambulance to arrive to your hospital to take someone to another facility where they need life saving treatment.

We’re two years into this. If you’re so blind and selfish that you still refuse to see what has happened, I have no empathy left. Pure selfishness to disregard and dismiss the severity of what has happened.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5472
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by specialsauce »

Oh and this supposed single top immunologist from Israel doesn’t have his own agenda, but the top immunologist from the greatest country in the world is a crook only after money trying to ruin the world!

I’m sure you’ve also done great background study on this top immunologist to understand his credibility and what kind of person he is right? You would never just share something about somebody you’ve never even heard of.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 8318
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:13 am
Oh and this supposed single top immunologist from Israel doesn’t have his own agenda, but the top immunologist from the greatest country in the world is a crook only after money trying to ruin the world!

I’m sure you’ve also done great background study on this top immunologist to understand his credibility and what kind of person he is right? You would never just share something about somebody you’ve never even heard of.
It's true, I didn't do great background study on him. He might be a POS and have no credibility. I assume, maybe incorrectly that one was at least done by the Israeli newspaper that first published his letter, but then they may not be credible either. I also didn't do one on Tyler Durden, but we know we also don't talk about Fight Club.
Let's Go Brandon! .
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

The thing about these fringe opinions is, yes, you can sometimes find a doctor or a virologist or somebody like that who vouches for them. One. One or two. But then you have the absolute mountain of other scientists on the other side saying it is wrong and citing lots of data. The fact that one doctor says something doesn't automatically make it true. The fact that one study suggests something isn't definitive proof, either; sometimes if there are 35 studies and 34 of them suggest A and one of them suggests B, and you keep pounding the table saying your study proves B, you might be choosing to be selective about who and what you trust.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 5472
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by specialsauce »

In2 I know my posts in this thread are always aggressive. It’s because this has impacted my life in so many ways at work and at home that I’d rather not share details. Health care that is urgent has been delayed because of Covid surges. Surgeries cancelled. I’ve seen people suffer significant delays in care and quality of care has tanked. And it’s not for a lack of effort. I’ve been personally and professionally impacted.

You just happen to be the only one with JeremyG and who are part of this sect of society that post here so you get the posts directed at you, but my frustrations are not only with you sorry: I just come here to vent

We could all be vaccinated and masked and the truth is it probably still wouldn’t eradicate this unless we entirely shut down all social interactions, but the wreckless behavior and the propagation of this just absolute nonsense is making it so much worse. It’s also a slap in the face. This is the movie idiocracy in full effect.

Post Reply