Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

Since the first day Fauci contradicted Trump on Covid he became the enemy of the people (Trump) and the GOP has spent a LOT of time trying to bring him down. I am not into killing puppies but, is laser sight clear to me that Fauci has had a huge target on his back by the GOP and therefore all this crap just sounds like vindictive BS to me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:21 pm
Since the first day Fauci contradicted Trump on Covid he became the enemy of the people (Trump) and the GOP has spent a LOT of time trying to bring him down. I am not into killing puppies but, is laser sight clear to me that Fauci has had a huge target on his back by the GOP and therefore all this crap just sounds like vindictive BS to me.
So, your saying that if he didn't disagree with Trump, the things he funded to do to puppies and monkeys would be fine with both the left and right? But since he did, it's now thought of as bad by the right, but not the left? You may have not wanted to make it sound that way, but that's what it seems like. Did you actually look at what he funded? Please explain how those experiments are appropriate.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’m saying if he didn’t contradict Trump on Covid , the GOP wouldn’t have declared him the enemy and spent a year attacking everything he did and I would be willing to bet this puppy thing would have never came out. Does destroying Fauci somehow make Trump a winner? Fauci holds no office. His job is to protect America from infectious diseases and he has done that for six Presidents in a row. None of them had a problem with him until Trump, who refused to accept ANY recommendations from ANY disease experts because he didn’t want Covid to ruin his plans. He completely sidelined the CDC and even went as far as blocking them from receiving Covid data. Who the F does that? Trump did.

If the GOP found out Blaine Smith (Name I made up) was going to be the next leading Democrat Presidential candidate in the next election they would leave no stone unearthed trying to find some sort of dirt on him they could expose to destroy him. I can see going after the enemy politicians but, making the disease expert in charge of keeping us safe the enemy just because he refused to ignore Covid just so Trump could “look better” is a bridge too far for me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:23 am
I’m saying if he didn’t contradict Trump on Covid , the GOP wouldn’t have declared him the enemy and spent a year attacking everything he did and I would be willing to bet this puppy thing would have never came out. Does destroying Fauci somehow make Trump a winner? Fauci holds no office. His job is to protect America from infectious diseases and he has done that for six Presidents in a row. None of them had a problem with him until Trump, who refused to accept ANY recommendations from ANY disease experts because he didn’t want Covid to ruin his plans. He completely sidelined the CDC and even went as far as blocking them from receiving Covid data. Who the F does that? Trump did.
Idk if this is the case, but it's possible. Many conservatives don't agree with Trump on everything. For example, they don't agree with Trump on the vaccines. It's pretty clear that most of the recommendations by Fauci were wrong and more destructive to the country.
Nodack wrote:
If the GOP found out Blaine Smith (Name I made up) was going to be the next leading Democrat Presidential candidate in the next election they would leave no stone unearthed trying to find some sort of dirt on him they could expose to destroy him. I can see going after the enemy politicians but, making the disease expert in charge of keeping us safe the enemy just because he refused to ignore Covid just so Trump could “look better” is a bridge too far for me.
Wait, doesn't every opposition party "leave no stone unearthed trying to find some sort of dirt on him/her they could expose to destroy him/her"?

I thought it was clear that the numbers were grossly over-reported to make the pandemic worse than what it was? Didn't the numbers of death "from covid" show that it was only 6% of "with covid", which was being used to drive fear and create the illusion to the unknowing that it felt like it was a 90% deadly to anyone that contracted covid? I'm still seeing people act like this is the case. You and I know that's not true, as we both contracted it and survived it without even long haulers problems.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The COVID death count is undercounted, not overcounted. Millions have died from it and many more are still yet to die.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:29 am
The COVID death count is undercounted, not overcounted. Millions have died from it and many more are still yet to die.
That is not what gatewaypundit says.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:30 am
Mori Chu wrote:
You're reading the gatewaypundit now, Indy? That's definitely outside of your bubble.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:58 am
Nodack wrote:
Idk if this is the case, but it's possible. Many conservatives don't agree with Trump on everything. For example, they don't agree with Trump on the vaccines. It's pretty clear that most of the recommendations by Fauci were wrong and more destructive to the country.

It’s clear to you, not me. His job is to save as many lives as possible. Every virus seems to be different and these really smart disease experts have to figure out as quickly as possible what makes these diseases tick and how to prevent as many lives lost as possible. They don’t automatically know everything about it right away. He said don’t go buy masks at first, so the front line people would have enough. The front line people did end up being short on masks. Eventually mask production was ramped up and then he said everyone wear a mask. Now masks are everywhere. They shut down everything to slow the spread just like just about every other country did because they were worried about hospitals being overrun. Many were. Many were stretched to the limit and people were denied care and died. Five million people have died from it. Yes, shutting down the country is a little destructive. So is millions of people dying from Covid. I’m not a fortune teller but, my guess is a lot more people would have died if zero precautions were taken. You say he was wrong about things. He and the CDC are the premier experts on diseases, not Trump. I will always want to take the advice of the planets top experts over a game show politician who’s only interest was looking good.
Nodack wrote:
Wait, doesn't every opposition party "leave no stone unearthed trying to find some sort of dirt on him/her they could expose to destroy him/her"?

Yes, to a point. Extorting our allies to get elected is farther than I have seen Biden and Democrats do. I do have a huge problem with the way our leaders are picked. This fight to the death popularity competition it has become where nobody gets elected that doesn’t raise millions of dollars and the media tells us the polar opposite of each other where the other side is always depicted as Satan who wants to destroy America is getting old and dangerous. We need to take the competition out of it somehow.

I thought it was clear that the numbers were grossly over-reported to make the pandemic worse than what it was? Didn't the numbers of death "from covid" show that it was only 6% of "with covid", which was being used to drive fear and create the illusion to the unknowing that it felt like it was a 90% deadly to anyone that contracted covid? I'm still seeing people act like this is the case. You and I know that's not true, as we both contracted it and survived it without even long haulers problems.
Once again, not clear to me. 5 million deaths is the number I last saw. I think 1 million in the US alone. Some people caught it and barely noticed. Some caught it and died. I know several people who have died from it. It’s not fake. Just had to get yet another Covid test because a trumpet player tested positive that was sick on the gig. He spent several hours with me and the rest of the guys.

I know the Republican stance was to ignore Covid, keep all the businesses open, no masks, no vaccines, just let it run it’s course and the strong will survive and the weak will parish because it was Gods will. It’s fake anyway and the same as the cold, masks don’t do anything and the vaccines have bioluminescence chips in them that allows the government to track your movements. Shutting down everything turned everyone into crack addicts and drunks, so it would have been much better if we did absolutely nothing.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:02 pm
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
You're reading the gatewaypundit now, Indy? That's definitely outside of your bubble.
lol
no sane person reads that expecting to read true things.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:42 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
lol
Mark Twain - “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

And to think, Twain wasn't talking about the gatewaypundit, but the corporate media of the time.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:01 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
lol
Mark Twain - “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

And to think, Twain wasn't talking about the gatewaypundit, but the corporate media of the time.
How ironic that the quote you used is not something Twain/Clemens ever said or wrote.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:07 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:01 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

lol
Denzel Washington - “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

How ironic that the quote you used is not something Twain/Clemens ever said or wrote.
Damn, you're right, as I've now seen it reported. I've heard that was from Twain from forever. Maybe I should change it to Denzel Washington instead. :lol:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

OPINION
How Fauci Fooled America | Opinion

MARTIN KULLDORFF AND JAY BHATTACHARYA
ON 11/1/21 AT 9:30 AM EDT
https://www.newsweek.com/how-fauci-fool ... on-1643839

When the pandemic hit, America needed someone to turn to for advice. The media and public naturally looked to Dr. Anthony Fauci—the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, an esteemed laboratory immunologist and one of President Donald Trump's chosen COVID advisers. Unfortunately, Dr. Fauci got major epidemiology and public health questions wrong. Reality and scientific studies have now caught up with him.

Here are the key issues:
Spoiler: show/hide

Indy

Post by Indy »

The views expressed in this article are the writers' own.

Even the crazy newsweek won't sign on to what these guys are saying...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That was some of the dumbest shit I've read on this topic.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:49 pm
That was some of the dumbest shit I've read on this topic.
Sorry, it wasn't up to your standards. What can I say? Ph.D from Harvard and Mori's colleague Ph.D from Stanford aren't at your level, apparently.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Bhattacharya
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Bhattacharya has been a prominent opponent of lockdowns and mask mandates.[4][5] With Martin Kulldorff and Sunetra Gupta, he was a co-author in 2020 of the Great Barrington Declaration, which advocated letting the virus spread in lower-risk groups with the aim of herd immunity, with "focused protection" of those most at risk.[5]
How freaking stupid is this??

Indy

Post by Indy »

What do you mean? Don't we want as many variants and mutations as possible? smh

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:22 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Bhattacharya
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Bhattacharya has been a prominent opponent of lockdowns and mask mandates.[4][5] With Martin Kulldorff and Sunetra Gupta, he was a co-author in 2020 of the Great Barrington Declaration, which advocated letting the virus spread in lower-risk groups with the aim of herd immunity, with "focused protection" of those most at risk.[5]
How freaking stupid is this??
Hiring standards have slipped greatly at Stanford and Harvard?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Just because somebody works at some university doesn't mean they aren't an idiot.