Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Indy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:25 pm

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:40 pm
Its not just MPJ and his platform (Snapchat) tho. It's when it makes the rounds on Twitter by accounts with hundreds of thousands or even millions of followers that could eclipse the 80mil of Trump. And more than likely, those following NBA/sports/player accounts aren't the same demo as those following Trump. And that's not even mentioning it being talked about on TV/Radio. It's getting thru to the younger, more impressionable generation and filling their heads with misinformation/fake news.
those are all fair points. I guess I am just feeling like half the world is full of bullshit in their heads, yet still convinced of things that are demonstrably false (world is flat, vaccines don't work, masks don't help).

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:31 pm

I'll never understand the logic behind the "whole world is being controlled" point. It's like, no shit, people have been controlling each other since people existed, and I'm sure MPJ and his ilk are surely enjoying the benefits of living in a modern "controlled" society.

Don't want to be controlled? Go live on a mountain in the Himalayas, ya moron.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Nodack

Post by Nodack » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:01 pm

I feel like I’m drowning. The world is swimming in conspiracy theories.

Sex with demons and witches in your dreams causes female problems. A vaccine designed to take your religion away.

Superbone

Post by Superbone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:10 pm

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:01 pm
I feel like I’m drowning. The world is swimming in conspiracy theories.

Sex with demons and witches in your dreams causes female problems. A vaccine designed to take your religion away.
This is the person Trump chooses to retweet. Let that sink in.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

Nodack

Post by Nodack » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Herman Cain just died from Covid. He checked into the Hospital less than two weeks after attending Trumps MAGA rally. Coincidence?

ShelC

Post by ShelC » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:24 pm

"Ya know it's a terrible tragedy but I heard he was sick way before Tulsa. He really wasn't doing that well and I told him not to come but he wanted to be there anyway. To be honest, I hardly even knew the guy but ya know, he'll be missed. He fought 'til the end."

Indy

Post by Indy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:53 pm

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:07 pm
Herman Cain just died from Covid. He checked into the Hospital less than two weeks after attending Trumps MAGA rally. Coincidence?
He refused to wear a mask there, and like all of them, had to sign a waiver of culpability for the campaign...

ShelC

Post by ShelC » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Indy wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:53 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:07 pm
He refused to wear a mask there, and like all of them, had to sign a waiver of culpability for the campaign...
No wonder the GOP wants liability protection for companies in the next coronavirus bill so workers can't sue if they get sick going back to work.