The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Flagrant Fowl

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The stuff coming out of this GOP CPAC is abhorrent.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Smart girl:

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:12 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:34 pm
These elections may seriously impact if I ever Iive even part of the year in AZ in retirement or not.
I had hoped to move back one day. But if they elect goons like this I'm not coming back.
Lots of Dems strategically voting for goons in the Rep primary, get the most disgusting ones on the ballot to be beaten in the general election. Great tactics...but will it come back to bite us in the ass in the long run?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:39 pm
The stuff coming out of this GOP CPAC is abhorrent.
It's all fairly representative of the modern GOP, which has become an unapologetically authoritarian political party. I just want the mainstream media to start consistently saying so.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Seems bad.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here ya go, fellas:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Herschel Walker is so bad. The guy seems like he literally has concussion brain damage or something. When he talks it just sounds like complete gibberish.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:49 am
Hershel Walker is so bad. The guy seems like he literally has concussion brain damage or something. When he talks it just sounds like complete gibberish.
He played football. He probably does. His air theory is stupendously stupid.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I was curious what the polls are saying so far about Walker vs Warnock in the GA Senate race. It looks like Warnock is ahead, by either a few points or ~ 10 points depending on which poll you use.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... 2/georgia/
https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3851

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Some good news. Florida/DeSantis "Stop WOKE" law struck down in court.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

https://www.metrotimes.com/news/opinion ... p-30854160
Opinion: I’m a former Republican. What happened to Michigan’s GOP?
The Michigan Republican Party has devolved into conspiracies
By Reavis Graham on Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 6:46 pm

I'm having deja vu after this month's primary. Last summer, after our Republican-led state senate found no fraud in the 2020 election, former President Donald Trump said, "The Senate ‘investigation’ of the election is a coverup." He then called Detroit the "most corrupt election city in the U.S."

Since then, he has made it his mission to take revenge on our state, endorsing more than 20 candidates up and down the ballot. In return, these candidates endorse similar baseless claims about the 2020 election and other anti-democratic conspiracies.

I don't recognize our state's GOP anymore. Not too long ago, I campaigned for Rick Snyder and his non-partisan and transparent leadership. It pains me to say it, but as a lifelong conservative, I cannot support Republican candidates who are out of touch with reality.

Regardless of how you feel about Trump, these candidates are too focused on an old election to focus on delivering results. Michigan has serious problems, and we need leaders who look toward the future, not through a rearview mirror.

It's hard to know where to start with our menu of GOP candidates. At the top of the ticket for governor, Tudor Dixon wants you to think she is a moderate conservative. But don't be fooled. The real Dixon is dangerous and extreme.

Two days after receiving Trump's endorsement, Dixon wouldn't answer whether she believed the election was stolen. However, during May and July debates, she confidently said that she believed Trump won the 2020 election in Michigan and the country. In 2021, she suggested that a left-wing group was involved in the Jan. 6 insurrection and tweeted, “Steal an election then hide behind calls for unity and leftists lap it up.”

Dixon previously said she was pro-life with no exceptions for rape, incest, or the mother's life. She now claims to advocate exceptions for a mother's life but still said last month that a 14-year-old victim of incestual rape was a "perfect example" of prohibiting abortion.

She has taken up other far-right crusades, supporting a "Don't Say Gay” bill, speaking at anti-vaccine rallies, waging war with drag queens, and claiming Gov. Gretchen Whitmer intentionally released COVID-19 into nursing homes. At an anti-public safety protest, Dixon said Whitmer "has a Gestapo to come by for her," referencing the secret police of Nazi Germany.

Kristina Karamo is running for secretary of state. I'll admit, I don’t know everything that the secretary of state does, but, clearly, based upon her background and comments, Karamo has no business holding this office. Trump has taken an interest in this race because this office is in charge of election administration. Until last year, Karamo was an unknown poll worker who began appearing on Fox News to claim that illegal ballots were tallied at the former TCF Center in Detroit. Karamo believes Trump won the 2020 election and, this month, shared a link to a post that claimed Trump already won 2024 and will restore "justice against the enemies of America."

Karamo supports QAnon and other far-right conspiracies. She claimed that anyone who supports reproductive rights "must worship Satan." Karamo even attacked Ariana Grande for putting children "under a satanic delusion," blamed Beyoncé for leading "Black Americans into paganism," and called Jay-Z a "Satanist."

Lastly, Matt DePerno is running for attorney general. He is one of the biggest proponents of Stop the Steal, meeting with Trump on Jan. 6, appearing at Capitol rallies calling for a "forensic audit," and leading the conspiracy-laden and ultimately failed litigation effort that sought to overturn Antrim County’s election. This month, DePerno was named in a criminal investigation of alleged voting machine tampering.

As attorney general, DePerno says he will prosecute women and their doctors — with no exceptions — for seeking abortions. As a lawyer, DePerno was fired from his firm for padding client billings, investigated for legal malpractice, and accused of assaulting a client.

It's time to move on from the 2020 election, but that's hard to do with candidates that all have taken up the crusade against our elections, elected officials, the rule of law, and democracy. We should all recognize that there is a cost to this craziness, and that cost is a lack of leadership that’s focused on fixing real issues. If we want responsible leadership in Lansing, then voting for candidates who are true public servants, even Democrats, is the only option.

Reavis Graham is a former Republican from Milford.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They don't care about you or your politics, Reavis.

They just want your money, and leeching off of the biggest conman in recent American history is continuously turning them a profit.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:43 am
They care about you or your politics, Reavis.

They just want your money, and leeching off of the biggest conman in recent American history is continuously turning them a profit.
I never in my lifetime could have ever imagined that we'd have a grifter in the White House as our POTUS.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ugh, what a disappointment. Be better, Jerry.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Total fail Jerry! I lost all respect in 2 seconds.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Ugh. Seriously Jerry! Lost all my respect. On top of that ..

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 854135001/
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's pretty amazing to me the degree to which the modern GOP has just openly embraced racism, antisemitism, homophobia, transphobia, and basically open season on bigotry. And it doesn't seem to be really costing them much electorally.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

VERY disappointed in Jerry.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:10 am
It's pretty amazing to me the degree to which the modern GOP has just openly embraced racism, antisemitism, homophobia, transphobia, and basically open season on bigotry. And it doesn't seem to be really costing them much electorally.
Birds of a feather…