The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:48 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:47 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:52 pm
Weird. The whole family seems to have that voice issue.

https://youtube.com/shorts/cXZ5hn1qRRY? ... RLlYlxJeFF
Yeah, I noticed that too. His brother, who looks like he's about to drool in the background there has the same thing, when I heard him speak. I thought it was a rare condition.
Maybe it is but that family just has the gene. I don't know.
Idk either, but I thought it was interesting and it certainly seems like you're right.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't get why Kristi Noem thinks this story is a good one to share. Killing her dog? Ooookay.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Truly can't wrap my mind around Kristi Noem bragging about murdering a 14-month-old puppy and somehow thinking it makes her look good.
I’m afraid that to many people, it does.

And those are probably the kind of people she associates with. I imagine that before putting it in her book, she shared the story with friends and got positive reactions.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm sure there is a lot of things that wouldn't be understood if you never lived on a farm growing up. In a city, you would just take the dog to the humane society and/or get the Dog whisperer to come to your home. You would have to think of it, like you would a neighborhood dog that was a repeat offender biting and attacking people without provocation. Eventually, Animal Control has to take care of the situation, and a lot of times by force of law. It's different on the farm.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

If she bragged about it that’s weird…it does sound like the dog was dangerous though. Putting it down seems like an acceptable outcome

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think you took it the wrong way. I don't think she was bragging about it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I was just reading the tweet that said she was bragging…I don’t actually know what she did

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

All young dogs bite everything. We took in my parents older dog after they passed and this dog loves to hunt anything that moves in our yard. We aren’t going to put it down. We have spent thousands keeping it alive. As the dog whisperer says, there are no bad dogs, just bad dog owners.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Are you virtue signaling?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have had lots of dogs. The ones that don’t work out I just shoot. It’s the farm way. You wouldn’t understand.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I thought she said it bit the owner of the chickens, but I read that wrong…I take my statement back. I’m still not going to say anything about a dog being put down. It’s sad something else couldn’t be worked out, but dogs are put down in pounds every day because of room.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's not a sign of good character if you have a 1.5-year-old dog that's not behaving perfectly so you just go blow its brains out with a gun. In fact that may even be a crime; you aren't supposed to perform cruelty to animals. Randomly shooting a dog because it didn't learn to hunt perfectly would seem to qualify.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I was going to make this same point. There is plenty of evidence on this forum to make it seem that there is more outrage to this than children being kidnapped and sold into slavery, their organs harvested or trafficked into sex slavery for sick sick people.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I guess we better not talk about anything but dead babies if we have any conscience at all.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How about talking about the kids that alive, being stolen from their countries and trafficked by NGOs to the US? No, they aren't as valuable in worth as the puppies.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"If we cared about babies as much as we care about dogs we’d have long since abolished abortion."

We do care very much about human babies. But fetuses aren't babies; they are fetuses.

I think this "killing her dog" thing is really really bad for Kristi Noem. It is upsetting across partisan lines. Her explanation is really inadequate: the dog was too hyperactive, it wasn't a good hunting and birding dog? At age 18 months? So she blows it away with a shotgun and throws its body into a gravel pit? That's absolutely psychotic. I can't imagine the thought process that would lead somebody to do that. I'm seeing tons of people horrified by this revelation. I really think this is going to harm her political future. Nobody likes cruelty to animals.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am
"If we cared about babies as much as we care about dogs we’d have long since abolished abortion."

We do care very much about human babies. But fetuses aren't babies; they are fetuses.

I think this "killing her dog" thing is really really bad for Kristi Noem. It is upsetting across partisan lines. Her explanation is really inadequate: the dog was too hyperactive, it wasn't a good hunting and birding dog? At age 18 months? So she blows it away with a shotgun and throws its body into a gravel pit? That's absolutely psychotic. I can't imagine the thought process that would lead somebody to do that. I'm seeing tons of people horrified by this revelation. I really think this is going to harm her political future. Nobody likes cruelty to animals.
Or humans.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:59 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Nobody likes cruelty to animals.
Or humans.
I wish that were true. But I think actually that much of the current GOP rejoices when their leaders are cruel and hateful toward others. Trump has basically made a brand of crapping on his enemies, and he's celebrated for it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:08 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Or humans.
I wish that were true. But I think actually that much of the current GOP rejoices when their leaders are cruel and hateful toward others. Trump has basically made a brand of crapping on his enemies, and he's celebrated for it.
He doesn't even do a 10th of the hate that comes from the DNC and the blue no matter who crowd does to him and MAGA. All you guys do is hate 24/7, and are completely blind to your hypocrisy.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:08 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Or humans.
Good point. I remember when the Trump regime was keeping immigrants in cages and separating kids from their parents. Pretty horrific. Those little kids crying for their parents was heart breaking.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."