The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Flagrant Fowl

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I stopped that clip at the point he said, "...as long as they're hired for their competence." As if the last administration wasn't bloated with halfwit grifters.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I have just been assuming that Kelly is going to stomp Masters in the general. He seems like a way better candidate, and the polls have him ahead.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

GOP extremists are causing hatred against hospitals because they provide transgender care or somesuch thing, leading to predictable domestic terrorist outcomes like this.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Politics is weird. Republican politicians all clamoring for Trumps support and giddy about the Supreme Court overturning Roe vs Wade. For the primaries they hyped their pro Trump anti abortion propaganda as much as possible. Now that they have secured their Republican nominations people like Blake Masters are scrubbing their web sites of anything Trump or abortion and now try to come across as moderate.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:22 pm
GOP extremists are causing hatred against hospitals because they provide transgender care or somesuch thing, leading to predictable domestic terrorist outcomes like this.

This whole transgender hype is just like the immigration hype. It is meant to anger the voters. Roughly 7% of America is gay and a much smaller slice claims to be transgender. It is so far off my radar of important issues that it doesn’t register at all and yet Republicans have made it one of their main issues.

Health Care in the US is in desperate need of help. Obamacare was neutered. Dems keep trying to work on it. They just passed the ability to negotiate drug prices. That’s huge. Cons are too busy attacking our government, democracy, gays and minorities to work on this boring stuff.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, this seems like a big deal.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Fox producer's warning against Jeanine Pirro surfaces in Dominion defamation suit

The November 2020 email from an anguished Fox News news producer to colleagues sent up a flare amid a fusillade of false claims.

The producer warned: Fox cannot let host Jeanine Pirro back on the air. She is pulling conspiracy theories from dark corners of the Web to justify then-President Donald Trump's lies that the election had been stolen from him. The existence of the email, confirmed by two people with direct knowledge of it, is first publicly disclosed by NPR in this story. Fox News declined comment.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Steve Bannon has been indicted on charges in New York state court, related to his defrauding of people in his "We Build The Wall" fundraiser that just pocketed the money people donated to him.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump won’t be pardoning you this time.

Trump Threatens Fox News With Lawsuit For Allowing ‘Perverts’ of Lincoln Project to Run Anti-Trump Ads: ‘See You All in Court!!!’
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-th ... -in-court/
The Perverts and Lowlifes of the Lincoln Project are back on, where else, Fox News. I thought they ran away to the asylum after their last catastrophic campaign, with charges made against them that were big time sleaze, and me getting many millions more votes in 2020 than I got in 2016. The Paul Ryun (sic) run Fox only has high standards for “Trump” ads, but not for anyone else. The Perverts should not be allowed to “false advertise,” and Fox News should not allow it to happen. See you all in Court!!!

Trump Pushed Officials to Prosecute His Critics, Ex-U.S. Attorney Says
https://dnyuz.com/2022/09/08/trump-push ... rney-says/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

hannibal_smoking_cigar.gif

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This is the ad Trump is suing FOX for airing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In general I am happy to have a subset of current/former Republicans helping oppose the current GOP. But I think airing combative ads like these has the potential to just piss off a bunch of Fox viewers. I prefer calmer and more factual ads that make clear what is going on and help people inform themselves better. If you tell the viewer, "You're a stupid sucker," they aren't likely to listen to you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The target audience are those people that voted for Trump and donated their money to him after he lost. I find it hard to believe that most of that audience would respond to well thought-out factual adds about what legal mechanisms were breached while collecting political contributions.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

“You were conned by a con man and you continue to be conned! Dumbasses!”

Maybe not the nicest ad. 100% true though.

Oath Keepers Members Include Hundreds Of Elected Officials, Police And Military Personnel, Leaked List Suggests
https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart ... 8a73085389

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Some people just love to be conned.

Officials say Bannon was ‘architect’ of defrauding scheme
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ng-scheme/
Bannon and We Build the Wall are facing two counts of second-degree money laundering, two counts of fourth-degree conspiracy, one count of first-degree scheme to defraud and one count of fifth-degree conspiracy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

“I have not yet begun to fight.”

Well, you will have to do your fighting in jail. I’m sure there are plenty of guys there you can fight.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

DeSantis’s war against Disney has turned into a GOP war against Disney it would seem.

US Rep: Sitcom with Danny DeVito as voice of Satan is ‘evil’
https://apnews.com/article/college-foot ... 21b7411cd7
An animated horror comedy featuring Danny DeVito as the voice of Satan is “clearly evil,” says a Republican congressman from Louisiana whose Facebook post denouncing “Little Demon” had reached millions of people by Tuesday morning.

U.S. Rep Mike Johnson objected to the sitcom aired by FX Networks. Its website says the series is about a woman and her 13-year-old daughter who are trying to live normal lives even though Satan is the girl’s father and wants custody of her soul.

“I couldn’t get to the remote fast enough to shield my 11-year-old from the preview, and I wonder how many other children were exposed to it — and how many millions more will tune in to the new series, owned and marketed by DISNEY,” the congressman and vice chairman of the House Republican Conference wrote on Monday.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

On the use of "America First."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, this one.