The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Nodack »

There are some people in the middle that are pretty detached from politics who vote. I was just talking to a fellow musician on the gig last night and asked him if he saw the hearings and he said he didn’t. He’s a Republican but doesn’t follow the news like some do. He seemed unaware of all the Jan 6 events for the most part but promised he would check it out. There are still so e people left who aren’t hyper partisan.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:43 pm
There are some people in the middle that are pretty detached from politics who vote. I was just talking to a fellow musician on the gig last night and asked him if he saw the hearings and he said he didn’t. He’s a Republican but doesn’t follow the news like some do. He seemed unaware of all the Jan 6 events for the most part but promised he would check it out. There are still so e people left who aren’t hyper partisan.
Are you f'n kidding?! How can any American be unaware of the Jan 6th coup attempt?!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh my goodness. It is just coming out that Hershell Walker has ANOTHER secret son. This is not even the one that was just found and reported a few days ago.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:41 pm
Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:43 pm
Are you f'n kidding?! How can any American be unaware of the Jan 6th coup attempt?!
That’s what I thought. This guy is a super nice guy and doesn’t follow the news like we do. I think he was aware pf the events pf the day. I just think he got the watered down Republican version where there was no attack.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:58 am
Oh my goodness. It is just coming out that Hershell Walker has ANOTHER secret son. This is not even the one that was just found and reported a few days ago.
Keep counting…

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

GOP commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary vote
https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm ... 7bc1ddc1b2
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico’s secretary of state on Tuesday asked the state Supreme Court to order the Republican-led commission of rural Otero County to certify primary election results after it refused to do so over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines.

Democratic Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Olive’s request came a day after the three-member Otero County commission, in its role as a county canvassing board, voted unanimously against certifying the results of the June 7 primary without raising specific concerns about discrepancies.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And so the downfall of our democracy continues.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Didn't Obama get criticized for saying too many Republicans cling to God and guns?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, as we know, God was all about guns.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

And Jesus loves WMDs. It is all right there in the Bible.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Have you guys eat this Texas GOP party platform that came out recently? It is some crazy radical shit.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's the Connor Roy platform.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Uh, like 20% of Texas budget comes from the federal dollars collected primarily through income tax.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Apparently for candidate Eric Greitens (disgraced former Navy Seal), it is "RINO hunting" season.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Rep. Adam Kinzinger has received death threats against himself and his wife and baby. (from Republicans)

Here's the actual letter Kinzinger received:

We're going to see a high-profile political assassination in the next few years, I think.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They are insane.

Texas GOP adopts resolution rejecting 2020 election results
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/20/politics ... index.html
(CNN)The Republican Party of Texas over the weekend adopted a resolution at its state convention that rejects President Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 election, further aligning the state party establishment with former President Donald Trump in pushing false election claims.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This stuff amounts to sedition. The GOP is undergoing a widespread effort to completely delegitimize the US government (so long as it is run by Democrats).

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is unlike Texas to formerly announce they don't recognize the elected leaders of the United States of America.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They have never been big fans of the United States of America.