The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Nodack »

So you are saying none of that was true or you saying we should be ignoring that and focusing on the topics you think we should be focusing on?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You don't have to ignore it. I'm just calling it out for what it appears to be. A silly hit piece meant to distract you from looking at other more relevant news.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think you can say that is true for both sides 24/7/365 year after year. Look over there. No, look over there! You aren’t paying attention to the scandals I want you to pay attention to and trying to get me to go to the scandals you want me to pay attention to. No, you are….

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP has become an openly authoritarian political party. They hold their CPAC conference in Hungary and happily celebrate Orban, a dictator who has hollowed out a once democratic country into a dictatorship.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:06 pm
The GOP has become an openly authoritarian political party. They hold their CPAC conference in Hungary and happily celebrate Orban, a dictator who has hollowed out a once democratic country into a dictatorship.

What do you think about Biden wanting to hand over our health sovereignty over to the WHO? This will mean they will try to bypass the US Constitution on all issues with pertaining to health of individual citizens in the US.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nobody is bypassing any Constitution. You read some garbage media that was wrong and believed it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:26 pm
Nobody is bypassing any Constitution. You read some garbage media that was wrong and believed it.
Story of the last decade

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:43 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:26 pm
Story of the last decade
You got more insults? You're in prime form tonight. Bring it! What is your insight, rather than insults? Aren't you tired of playing these childish games and want to act more like the intelligent adult I know you can be?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Daily Mail, that's a reliable news web site, right?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What is the fascination Republicans have with the Confederacy? Didn’t Republicans fight against the Confederates in the Civil War? I guess it was so long ago that there is no relation between today’s Republicans and the Republicans from back then. I suppose you could almost say there is no relation between the Republicans of today and the Republicans of two decades ago. I suppose you could say the same thing about Dems. Dems were the South during the Civil War and the founders of the KKK. Now they champion minorities and Republicans seem to be anti-minorities. I guess you could say they all switched sides.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:02 am
The Daily Mail, that's a reliable news web site, right?

What about the story was not true? I have not read about until just now.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:57 am
What is the fascination Republicans have with the Confederacy? Didn’t Republicans fight against the Confederates in the Civil War? I guess it was so long ago that there is no relation between today’s Republicans and the Republicans from back then. I suppose you could almost say there is no relation between the Republicans of today and the Republicans of two decades ago. I suppose you could say the same thing about Dems. Dems were the South during the Civil War and the founders of the KKK. Now they champion minorities and Republicans seem to be anti-minorities. I guess you could say they all switched sides.
Not all Republicans are fascinated with the confederacy. That's a silly statement. MTG is in Georgia, maybe she is for some reason becauseshe'sin the South. I don't know anyone personally that is though.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP is a white Christian ethno-nationalist party.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Which church, Ms. Taylor?

Indy

Post by Indy »

"Christian" is generic enough. If any other candidate talked this way about a non-christian religion, it would be a story for weeks and they would never get elected. Our country is crazy for christians. Which is funny considering so many of our 'founding fathers' were not.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Churches should be taxed, full stop.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:21 am
You don't have to ignore it. I'm just calling it out for what it appears to be. A silly hit piece meant to distract you from looking at other more relevant news.
FOX News right now. I was just about to take a picture and they changed it and changed some stories in the headlines like the one mentioning people comparing Obama to monkeys. A hard hitting piece.

The top story headline is a picture of Biden with a caption “WILL IT BE WAR?” talking about war with China. Under it is a headline opinion piece saying Biden is about to make a huge blunder with China implying he is going to start a war with China. Right next to it an opinion piece saying Biden is being too soft of China. A BLM hit piece and another BLM hit piece under it. An anti transgender story. A story about the Bishop refusing to give communion to Pelosi abortion piece. Those are the top stories at FOX News right now.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:40 pm
Churches should be taxed, full stop.
I'm not fully against that, tbh.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:32 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:21 am
FOX News right now. I was just about to take a picture and they changed it and changed some stories in the headlines like the one mentioning people comparing Obama to monkeys. A hard hitting piece.

The top story headline is a picture of Biden with a caption “WILL IT BE WAR?” talking about war with China. Under it is a headline opinion piece saying Biden is about to make a huge blunder with China implying he is going to start a war with China. Right next to it an opinion piece saying Biden is being too soft of China. A BLM hit piece and another BLM hit piece under it. An anti transgender story. A story about the Bishop refusing to give communion to Pelosi abortion piece. Those are the top stories at FOX News right now.
I was speaking of a particular story, iirc. I'm certainly not giving Fox News a pass, they do this often in stories and should be called out for it too. In fact, I thought Fox News wasn't a legitimate news source here, so it isn't accepted as evidence on this forum. Is this your way of justifying the story, by using whataboutism?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP wants civil war.