Sports and Politics/Social Change

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Sports and Politics/Social Change

Post by Indy »

:lol:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I forgive Doc. Greg Anthony though...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, greg anthony is a punk.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

'BIGGEST FEAR' Harry and Meghan Oprah interview: Prince hints he left UK as he feared Duchess would suffer same fate as Diana
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2425685/pr ... interview/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

MAGA

4 Black soldiers harassed by IHOP patron
https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/ ... op-patron/
When four Black soldiers from Fort Belvoir, Virginia, went to lunch at an off-post IHOP April 19, they were expecting to have a quiet meal and some conversation before returning to work. It didn’t quite work out that way.

An unidentified white woman offered cash to pay for their meals, but returned shortly after to take the money back. She then began harassing them, as well as other patrons and restaurant workers.
One of the soldiers, all of whom remain unnamed, filmed the incident and uploaded it to TikTok, and Fort Belvoir officials are now investigating.

“She offered to pay for their meal, which is not uncommon when people meet military personnel, it’s a gesture as a way to thank them for their service,” said Joe Richard, director of public affairs for Fort Belvoir, in a statement to Military Times. “She placed $30 on their table.”

Moments later, however, she took $24 back, leaving just $6 on the table as she exited, Richard noted. Shortly thereafter, she returned to the restaurant and began harassing the four of them, claiming that they had stolen her money.
“You guys are … shitbags,” she said.

The woman then sat down in the booth, blocking one of the soldiers from moving.
“She became antagonistic, claiming the soldiers had taken her money and directed racially charged language at the soldiers,” Richard said.

They politely asked her to please leave, but she refused. The soldier stuck in the booth climbed over it to extricate himself.
“Are you the thin blue line, are you BLM, are you antifa?” the woman yelled as they gathered their leftovers.
An unnamed patron, purported to be an Air Force veteran in the TikTok video, attempted to intervene, asking the woman to leave. She then confronted him, spewing obscenities.

“Is this your restaurant? she said. “Motherfucker, I will fucking drop you. You wanna go? You wanna go?”

The four soldiers left the IHOP quietly, returned to Fort Belvoir and reported the incident to their chain of command and the garrison.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Seems quite aggressive, unhinged and totally nuts. I hope they find that looney.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

'Full Of Hatred And Fear': Disinformation On YouTube Divided A Dad And Daughter

Ekwoge's dad is one of billions of people who visit YouTube every month. YouTube, with its massive reach, has a history of being unable to keep disinformation off of its site. That disinformation distorts reality, and it changes how some people see the world. Then it changes them — and their relationships.

"It's like an 'Invasion Of The Body Snatchers.' This person looks like my dad, but all of a sudden where this loving, kind person was there's this snarky, dismissive, mean person that refuses to let anyone engage in dialogue," she says.

In the months since they've last talked, Renee Ekwoge has turned to a forum on Reddit where people share stories about loved ones lost to conspiratorial thinking.

"All the time growing up, my story was extremely unique. I had no friends whose parents were conspiracy theorists," Ekwoge says. "And now it's just everyone has the same story. And it's heartbreaking because you just think [of] all these people that were these doting grandparents and doting parents and kind and wonderful people, now all they can do is send you these videos that are just full of hatred and fear and ugliness."

Ekwoge is grieving the path her relationship with her father has taken, but she's not sure when or if she'll speak to him again. She hopes that sharing her story will keep others from losing relationships with loved ones.

She appealed to her father directly: "We all miss you."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

For his 17th birthday, Adrian wanted to kick back with friends from school at the fire pits in Huntington Beach. Beach party celebrations are a tradition for many Southern California teens. But what happened last weekend was anything but ordinary. The high schooler's invitation was picked up by TikTok's "For You" algorithm and viewed by people across the country. Some TikTok users, including internet celebrities, began posting about it, and videos with the hashtag #adrianskickback have since drawn more than 326 million views. On Saturday night, roughly 2,500 teenagers and young adults — some who say they drove for hours or flew in from other states — converged on the Huntington Beach Pier and downtown area in a gathering that devolved into mayhem. In all, more than 150 officers from nearly every police agency in Orange County were called out to the beach Saturday night to help get the crowd under control.

https://news.yahoo.com/viral-tiktok-vid ... oD2TpqgLQ6

The power of social media. Adrian didn’t even go to the party.

While TikTok users from across the country were in Huntington Beach on Saturday, Adrian was in Los Angeles. He told the New York Times in an interview that he was concerned about the attention the event was getting online and decided to get a venue. They partnered with the Los Angeles-based streetwear store Cookies N' Kicks to sell $40 tickets to the event, which was going to be held at an undisclosed space in Los Angeles that would be revealed Saturday night before the party, the paper reported. The party address in L.A. leaked, and people — including the police — showed up at the venue. The crowd and police presence essentially halted the party before it had a chance to get started.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Justice Department investigating Phoenix Police Department over civil rights
The Phoenix Police Department will be probed for use of deadly force, violating first amendment rights, and retaliatory activity.
https://thehill.com/changing-america/re ... department

Indy

Post by Indy »

about time. And not just Phx PD. The Valley has a long history of disproportionately hurting and killing POC.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I get trolled by a few every time I mention how Utah is one of the most racist places in the NBA.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I was at my mothers yesterday making sure my mom and step dad are ok. Somehow we got into politics again and she blurts out “We should send all the Blacks back to Africa. They don’t belong here! Trump is gonna come back and fix everything”. That comment disgusted me so much I just had to leave. She never said one racist or political thing the entire time I was growing up. Now she is glued to FOX and says shit like that. That pisses me off so much that they have turned my sweet mother into a Trump loving racist. Just like all Trump supporters she will claim there isn’t a racist bone in her body.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sorry to hear that Nodack. :(
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:26 pm
I was at my mothers yesterday making sure my mom and step dad are ok. Somehow we got into politics again and she blurts out “We should send all the Blacks back to Africa. They don’t belong here! Trump is gonna come back and fix everything”. That comment disgusted me so much I just had to leave. She never said one racist or political thing the entire time I was growing up. Now she is glued to FOX and says shit like that. That pisses me off so much that they have turned my sweet mother into a Trump loving racist. Just like all Trump supporters she will claim there isn’t a racist bone in her body.
That is extremely unsettling. If she got that from Fox or anywhere it would be all over the mainstream media. They would be panning Fox for being blatantly racist.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Fox would never allow any racism! Also, dirty immigrants are coming to replace us. The Great Replacement Theory, if you will.

Indy

Post by Indy »

:(

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:26 am
Nodack wrote:
That is extremely unsettling. If she got that from Fox or anywhere it would be all over the mainstream media. They would be panning Fox for being blatantly racist.
FOX News or the mainstream media doesn’t usually care what my mother says to me at her home. FOX News in a nutshell. Biden and Democrats are horrible evil people trying to destroy America because they hate America. Minorities are horrible evil lazy people. Taxes are bad. The US government is bad and fraudulent. Woke is bad. CRT is bad. The CDC is bad and fraudulent. Vaccines are bad and a secret plot by the bad fraudulent US government. Masks are an assault against our Constitutional freedoms.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Don't forget Mori's reference to The Great Replacement. Tucker seems to do a full segment on that a couple of times a week. So people that are not white anglo-saxon christians are not just horrible evil lazy people, they are coming here to erase your existence and overthrow the country.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:42 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:26 am
Nodack wrote:
FOX News or the mainstream media doesn’t usually care what my mother says to me at her home. FOX News in a nutshell. Biden and Democrats are horrible evil people trying to destroy America because they hate America. Minorities are horrible evil lazy people. Taxes are bad. The US government is bad and fraudulent. Woke is bad. CRT is bad. The CDC is bad and fraudulent. Vaccines are bad and a secret plot by the bad fraudulent US government. Masks are an assault against our Constitutional freedoms.
Who said that? Isn't that part of or the impetus to going full on racist? They need to be called out. As a whole, you may need to bring receipts for this claim, as Indy says.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Do any search of Tucker Carlson and racism and you can find dozens of examples this year alone.