Environment and climate change

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Environment

Post by Mori Chu »

Good thing climate change is a Chinese hoax!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I forgot where we were talking about Texas and their plight so, I figured this was as good a place as any. I came down hard on Texas for not taking care of business and weatherproofing their stuff. I’m sure that isn’t cheap and asking for taxes to pay for something that expensive in Texas is as popular as a fart in church. This has happened in 1989 and 2011 and they didn’t do anything about it. I believe this last freeze has been their worst ever and has caused the most heartache and pain for the longest time of any in recent memory.

If they are going to do anything to prevent this from happening again now is the time to talk about it before the memory of it fades and in ten years it happens again. Maybe that’s been factored into the equation already and maybe those in the know in Texas figure Texans can handle a little inconvenience every ten years. Maybe they figure this is more cost effective than spending all that money upgrading and raising taxes.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

When RIck Perry is saying things like Texans would rather live without heat and electricity rather than have "big government" involved in their energy, doesn't seem like much will change unless some officials are voted out.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think it's more where Texans feel like they would rather live without power than live in slavery of "big government", but living without power is extremely crappy in this world, especially in big cities and the food supply chain is broken. I heard someone say recently that the great commonality of the poorest of the poor starving nations and people is their lack of access to electricity and power. So as long as the power is out in Texas, their residents will suffer.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not much we can do if they're that determined to misgovern themselves. I hope the Dems work hard at organizing and GotV efforts for 2022 and 2024 so they can vote in a more competent and representative government that actually cares about the people of that state. In particular, it feels like Cruz's days in politics are numbered if the Dems put up a halfway competent opponent.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:50 pm
Not much we can do if they're that determined to misgovern themselves. I hope the Dems work hard at organizing and GotV efforts for 2022 and 2024 so they can vote in a more competent and representative government that actually cares about the people of that state. In particular, it feels like Cruz's days in politics are numbered if the Dems put up a halfway competent opponent.
Didn't they try that we Beto?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

TikTok users spread conspiracy that Texas snow was manufactured by the government
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... nufactured

Indy

Post by Indy »

Can you imagine the amount of energy required to change the air temperature that much, not to mention freezing that much water?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'd buy it if a reputable site like Breaking911 or Gateway Pundit or Maga123LockHerUp.com reports it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I know right? LOL :lol:
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

At my parents place getting a kick out of reading her GOP junk mail.

“Stop the Biden agenda to destroy America in the first 100 days”. Just send them money and they will stop Biden from destroying America.

“Take a stand against Joe Biden’s America Last immigration plan”. Just send them money.

“Joe Biden has been trying to cut Social Security for 40 years”
Send us money and we will stop him.
Lol!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Tell them to definitely NOT give money to the GOP.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Don't give money to any political party. If you support a candidate, give money to them. Not to the party. Ever.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I found this entertaining.

Al Jazeera to launch rightwing media platform targeting US conservatives

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/ ... es-rightly
Al Jazeera, the Qatar-based news network that has previously sought to become a liberal media force in the US, is launching a platform to target conservatives, it was revealed on Tuesday.

The new effort, called Rightly, will target Republicans who “feel left out of mainstream media”, Politico reported, and will be led by a former Fox News journalist.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Is it going to be an approved source? Asking for a friend. ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:45 pm
Is it going to be an approved source? Asking for a friend. ;)
That depends on whether or not they confirm my opinions and biases!! ;-)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I just thought it was funny that a pro Muslim site based out of Qatar would think they could lure Conservatives in America to their site to get their Conservative news. This after apparently trying and failing to lure American Liberals to their site.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think it's funny too.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:53 pm
I just thought it was funny that a pro Muslim site based out of Qatar would think they could lure Conservatives in America to their site to get their Conservative news. This after apparently trying and failing to lure American Liberals to their site.
RT seems to be doing a decent job of it, why not AJ?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

To be honest I used to read Al Jazeera every day. They did do some interesting stories, just from a different point of view.