Trump and First Lady Have COVID-19

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Trump and First Lady Have COVID-19

Post by Nodack »

“Don Jr. Thinks Trump Is Acting Crazy”: The President’s COVID Joyride Has the Family Divided
The president’s recklessness at Walter Reed has Don Jr. pushing for an intervention, but Ivanka and Jared “keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source says.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10 ... ly-divided

Sources said Donald Trump Jr. is deeply upset by his father’s decision to drive around Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last night with members of the Secret Service while he was infected with COVID-19. “Don Jr. thinks Trump is acting crazy,” one of the sources told me. The stunt outraged medical experts, including an attending physician at Walter Reed.

Don Jr. has told friends that he tried lobbying Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, and Jared Kushner to convince the president that he needs to stop acting unstable. “Don Jr. has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source said. Don Jr. is said to be reluctant to confront his father alone. “Don said, ‘I’m not going to be the only one to tell him he’s acting crazy,’” the source added.

Trump has been prescribed drugs that medical experts say can seriously impair his cognitive function. Last night the New York Times reported that steroids, which Trump is reportedly taking, specifically dexamethasone, are known to “affect mood, causing euphoria or a general happiness.”

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Not sure I believe that report or that Don Jr thinks that. And besides, why would this send him over the edge on Donald's behavior? NOW he thinks his father is acting crazy? Maybe he's looking out for his own ass and if Donald dies, the gravy train's left the station and they'll all be exposed, left with the debt and legal troubles without Daddy to cover for/pardon them? I doubt his concern comes from any place of love or compassion.

And would anyone really be able to tell if the drugs Trump's taking are impairing his cognitive function? I'm not even joking.

Not to mention the rumors of Don Jr looking and acting completely coked out of his mind in recent appearances on TV.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

There's a longer clip that showed him defiantly ripping the facemask off, which I'm sure will go over well with his base. But here he is breathing totally perfect, totally fine, totally normal

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think this is all collapsing in on him. Most people are not impressed with his little COVID stunt, and now he's endangering everybody stuck in the White House with him. I am finally starting to be hopeful that he's going to lose handily on Nov 3, despite all the shenanigans he'll try to pull.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This dude makes me want to barf. Right from the opening statement.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I can't help but laugh at how pathetic he is.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How many people has he personally now exposed? And I'm reading that he wants to get back on the campaign trail; blech. I hope people around him keep him properly quarantined for a few weeks to heal and become non-contagious. I don't know who will hold him back if he wants to go back out and endanger more people.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He claims he isn’t contagious.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:56 am
He claims he isn’t contagious.
He should know. His uncle was a scientist.
"Be Legendary."